Promises

Bloody Kiss

Night time was already approaching, and so were some of the villagers. They had found the little house that Junhui and I had been staying in. I picked up Junhui and carried him to a room where there no windows, so that way the villagers couldn't get to him. I locked the door and stayed by his side. I quietly looked for a secret door to a basement of some sort. Thanks to being a vampire, I could see clearly in the dark, the mortal villagers would need a light to see.

In the closet next to us, I saw a latch that led me to an underground tunnel. 

"Check all the rooms, everything!" One of the villagers yelled, as I heard the sound of footsteps growing louder and louder.

"Junhui, we have to go. I found an exit." I tried to wake up Junhui as quickly as possible.

"What?" Junhui woke up but was slightly confused, as to waking up in a new room.

"Hey," an unknown voice was right outside the door, "this doors locked. Someone help me bust it down."

"Junhui, come with me," I pleaded.

"Okay, okay, let's go," Junhui went first to make sure the tunnel was safe.

"There he is!" A crowd of villagers were able to bust down the old door.

"Come on Minghao!" Junhui tried to pull me underneath but it was too late. I slammed the door shut and locked it before the villagers could see Junhui. Three of the villagers ran toward me and went straight for my heart with a wooden stake. 

"Minghao!" Junhui pounded on the door, but the lock wouldn't budge.

"Hey, there's another one down here!" A villager opened the door and Junhui bursted free, killing all the villagers that were in the room. Others were too afraid to counter attack so they fled. 

"Minghao! Minghao!!" Junhui was surprised with my actions. I was never this brave and this end result disappointed Junhui.

"Why did you do this? We could have gotten away!" Junhui held me in his arms as I kept bleeding from my chest.

"You know I never would have made it, no matter how many times we ran away," I smiled only for a bit before Junhui began crying.

"You dumb idiot.. that doesn't matter.. as long as we're together.." Junhui couldn't hold back his tears so he sobbed and sobbed.

"Maybe.. in the next life.. come find me, okay?" I coughed up blood that had mixed with my lungs.

"Minghao.." Junhui wiped away the blood from my mouth.

"Promise me." I held up my pinky.

"I promise.." Junhui felt my last breath leave Minghao's body.

Junhui held Minghao tightly and kissed his forehead before taking his lifeless corpse under to the tunnel. He walked a lonely trail for what felt like centuries to him. He was finally near the exit and could see the sun was up. He rested Minghao's body onto a beautiful field of flowers.

"I promise I won't stop loving you, even if I do find you in the next life, and you don't recognize me. I promise you. I'll find you."