Do You Remember?

Bloody Kiss

"Can you help me with cooking, Jun Hui?" I walk back inside to meet up with Jun Hui, who was sitting on the couch. He nodded so I gave him instructions on what I needed him to do. I rinsed some vegetables first then handed them to Jun Hui to cut. While he was cutting his last vegetable, I started to heat up some oil on a pan, and left it on medium as I started to wash some rice. I told Jun  Hui that he could sit down and watch TV if he wanted to while I finished cooking. He sat down and the TV to watch some Kdramas that were on. I cooked for the next hour or so and set up the table after I was done. I looked up to see Jun Hui fast asleep on the couch. I called to him a few times after I placed the plates of food onto the table. He wouldn't wake up so I washed my hands and went over to him to see if he was still going to eat.

"Jun Hui?" I spoke to him but I ended up tripping over my own two feet and landed in on Jun Hui. I heard Jun Hui gasp and felt him flinch as I tried to get back. I apologized to him and told him that dinner was ready. I was frightened because my eyes had locked with his, whose eyes were piercing red. I couldn't move an inch until Jun Hui's eyes turned to normal, which was a minute later. I got up quickly to run but before I could get the chance, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back into his arms. Our eyes met again and I couldn't look away. Jun Hui leaned in toward my neck and started sniffing me. His left hand held my cheek and I started to tremble in fear. I felt his tounge on my collarbone, traveling upward to my jaw line. I attempted to push back Jun Hui as hard as I could and  fell to the ground.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to..." Jun Hui held out his hand as he apologized with a saddened face. I was still trembling in fear and ran to my room then locked the door before Jun Hui could get near me. I sat on the floor in front of the door, shaking with fear when I heard Jun Hui walk up to the door and speak with soft words. I covered my ears as I tried to ignore him. I was traumitized, but then I started to remember something. I started having some blurry flashbacks to another time. A time that was in the past, over a hundred years ago. I realized I was with Jun Hui in previous lives before now. My head began to throb, trying to remember little details. Eventually, my head was so hurting so much, that I passed out on the floor.

A few hours had passed and I was laying on top of not something, but someone. I groaned and rubbed my head in pain while I looked up to see Jun Hui's face. Jun Hui smiled at me and I got up as quickly as I could, but the pain in my head got worse. I almost fell off of Jun Hui until he caught me and put me back into his arms. He picked up a glass that was filled with what seemed to be red wine, but it wasn't. He gave it to me to drink and I refused because I felt something was off about this. He frowned and ended up forcing me to drink from the glass, which whatever was in it, tasted awful. Again, I pushed myself off of him and started choking on the red substance, which I then realized was blood.

"Do you remember now?" Jun Hui asked while smiling, covered in the blood that was spilt all over. I started remembering everything, every memory, every moment we spent together, one by one. I cupped his face and gazed into his eyes for what felt like centuries had caught up with us. I started to cry, nothing but tears fell down my cheeks, as Jun Hui pulled me closer to him. I felt him crying too while he held me tightly. No words were said until we stopped crying. Silence for what may have been an hour or more. I continued to lay in his arms as he hummed to an old song we used to dance to in our previous life.

"My prince," I spoke, "after all these years, you've suffered alone." I clenched my chest and looked into his eyes. Jun Hui was glad that after what has been over 50 years, he finally found me. I then buried my face into Jun Hui's neck, then starting tasting him, and bit into his skin. Jun Hui made a slight moan as I drew blood from his neck, that had been left untouched for all those years. "Ming Hao," Jun Hui softly said, "now that we are together again, live with me in my mansion." I was reminded of my current life. College, my class, and the people I've met. Was I going to give this up or continue living the same way? I was confused and let go of Jun Hui.

"What about the life I have now?"