Shopping

Bloody Kiss

 "Morning Junhui," I waved as I entered the cafe, "what's up?" I made sure my car was locked then sat down across from Junhui who was already sipping away his hot cup of coffee. He gave a smirk and gave me coffee. I was jittery after that dream I had, so everything that was in my surroundings, frightened me. Jun began to talk, "Do you have any classes today?" I shook my head and took out my phone to make sure. He asked if we could hang out together, and I gave a bright smile, nodding. He was happy that we could spend the day together so he began to chat about a few topics. I realized I didn't have any food so I excused myself to buy a sandwhich. Afterwards, I sat back down remembered I had errands to run, so I asked if Junhui was fine with it.

"Hey, I have run a few errands today, hope you don't mind." He shook his head and asked, "What are these errands you have to run?" I took out a list on my phone and showed him. They were simple errands, such as, buy food, new journals, new shoes, new rice cooker, and donate blood. Junhui gave a confused look and asked, "Donate blood?" I explained to him that I am a blood donar at a local hospital. I am a regular there so I tend to receive small gifts like a box of cookies or some donuts. "Oh," Junhui understood then took out his phone to make a call, "be right back." Junhui walked outside to talk on his phone for a few minutes then came back in. By the time he was done, I was already finished with my sandwhich. We left to go run errands, starting with buying some new journals I needed for school.

I took Junhui to a store in town that I usually go to when I need to buy some school supplies. I tend to make quick trips, just grab what I came here for, pay, then leave. Some of my friends will need to buy one item, then end up buying the whole store. I checked off journals on my list, then headed to the mall to buy new dance shoes. I didn't have time to buy new ones before school started and my current ones are all worn out. Junhui and I quickly went straight to the store that I buy my shoes from, this time around, I take a long time shopping. I am picky when it comes to shoes. I know that new shoes take awhile to break into, but I can take up to 2 hours just finding the right shoes. I took almost an hour to find new shoes, trying on one pair, then another. Junhui looked bored so I tried to rush myself.

"Sorry, I took so long. I'm just really picky with shoes." I apologized to Junhui who was sitting doing nothing for the past hour or so.  Junhui replied, "That's okay, I was just on my phone." I chose the shoes I wanted, paid, then left the mall to go donate blood. The drive was a bit longer than going to the mall from the store prior to that. When we finally got to the hospital, which took about 15 minutes, I had to check in at the counter and then get seated. Junhui decided to stay in the waiting room while I left to go donate blood. It was just a usual visit, I sit down and let the nurse poke me with a needle, put a bandage on me and I'm done. I got a box of sugar cookies after like I always do. I walked back into the waiting room, but Junhui wasn't around. I looked around the waiting room a few times, then sent Junhui a quick message, "Hey, where did ya go?"

Junhui replied a few minutes later saying, "I had to use the restroom, go ahead and wait outside." I sent back a short, "K" and went to sit outside on a bench and began to eat a couple of cookies. Junhui didn't come out for another 5-6 minutes, I guess he was having a stomach ache from something he ate earlier. Once he came out, we went into the car and left to go buy groceries at a small market, that was closer to my apartment. I offered Junhui a cookie, but he refused and said he wasn't hungry. Actually, Junhui was quiet the whole drive to the market. He's usually very talkative, but maybe something was on his mind. We arrived at the market and started shopping for some food. I asked him a few times if he wanted anything, but he still refused. I quickly looked for some vegetables and some meat to make some stir fry later. Junhui just followed me everywhere, staying quiet the entire time.

We finished shopping for food and headed for my apartment. On the way back I realized that I had forgotten about a new rice cooker. I decided to just buy one another day I'm off. We got back and had to put things away, before we got in,  a neighbor who usually talks to me, said, "Hi." I had to multi-task, talk to the elderly neighbor and open the door. We chatted for a bit while I let Junhui put away some of the bags. "Who is that handsome gentleman?" she asked kindly. I told her that Junhui was a new neighbor that moved into the mansion a couple days ago. Junhui introduced his self to the elder. "Ohh," she spoke, "so that's who it was. He's a charming boy, just like you." I nodded my head and said that I had to start making dinner, since he was a guest. I waved goodbye then Junhui and I went inside my apartment. I took off my shoes, wash my hands, put on an apron, and started cooking.

"So, are you hungry, Junhui?"