Family

Bloody Kiss

50 years ago...

 

"Jun Hui," I spoke in a gentle voice, "here's some fresh blood."

"Ah, thank you." Jun Hui rose up and rubbed his eye with one hand and reached for the glass of blood with the other. I sat beside him with my own glass of blood and snuggled up to him. Jun Hui drank the blood in one gulp, like he usually would, while I on the other hand, take my time. I tugged at his plain white button-up shirt and ask, "Can we go see the stars?" Jun Hui groaned while shaking his head, maybe he's grumpy from being woken up. I pouted and begged a couple of more times until he gave in.

"Fine," Jun Hui smirked, "you win. I lose." I let out a small scream as I threw my fists into the air. Jun Hui and I got up to go out to the balcony on the 3rd floor of our enormous mansion. He handed me a blanket and took me into his arms, carrying me to the balcony as I pecked his forehead. Once we got outside, Jun Hui spun around a few times, causing me to panic since we were so close to the edge. I wrapped my arms around his neck and started whimpering. I heard him chuckle then felt that he kneeled down to let me sit. I pouted and turned away from him, to show I was mad.

"Honey," Jun Hui whined, "I'm sorry. You know I love to tease you." I quickly turned back to peck him on the lips. He stared into my eyes and slowly leaned in for a kiss, pulling me closer to his body. He took the blanket and threw it over us as we cuddled beneath the moonlight. I rested my head on his shoulder, he rested his head on my head, and wrapped his arm around my waist. We held hands for a few minutes then passionately kissed until we heard a voice coming from the ground, so we briefly looked around.

"Hey!" the small figure, yelled, "Are you two kissing again?" It was my mother, teasing Jun Hui and I. She laughed and told us that our families were going to "get some fresh air", which basically means that they were about to have a feast in a nearby town. You see, Jun Hui's a prince and I was just another prince, whose families were very close so I always saw Jun Hui. As we grew older, we developed feelings for one another, but at first, when we told our families that we were in love, they didn't seem so excited. They were rather disappointed with us, but as time went on, they left it behind them and became happy for us.

Jun Hui and I eventually married and both of our families had this big idea to just, move in. It's been maybe 70 years since we've been married, but we don't appear to be that old because well, we're vampires. 70 happy years that we have been together. There have been times where we fought, but only because I would do something subconsciously and Jun Hui would get angry with me. The night would end with me crying somewhere in the woods, and Jun Hui looking for me before the sun rises. This happened so often that our families would give up on searching for me, but only Jun Hui would be there.

Jun Hui has always been there, even when I don't want him by my side. When I'm angry with him, he never takes me seriously. I always try to be serious, but he would just gaze at my cute puffed cheeks and kiss me. Other times, he would cup my face, kiss me, sweep me off my feet then carry me to our bed and tightly hold me as I try to push him off. I always lost because he was much stronger than I was. He was a vampire that was a higher level from your average vampire. He was able to eat regular food and stay out in daylight without burning. For me, I was a normal vampire that had to sleep during the day and come out at night.

Jun Hui held me closer once our families left and whispered into my ear, "Ming Hao, I love you."

I punched his chest while replying, "You big idiot..."