New things

Young Love

 

Zico bowed to Yang Hyunsuk gratefully after telling him the things that occupied his mind for the past few days. After finishing the track with the YG artists, he told himself that he shouldn’t cut ties with them. He became good friends with the family and developed an attachment to this particular girl.

“Thank you, sir.” He said again before standing straight up. YG gave him a smile which said “You can go now” so Zico left the office. He politely greeted the people that came his way. What he’s feeling now is pure bliss. He just told his crush’s second father that he’s willing to go through the test to win her heart. Although Hyunsuk didn’t give him the actual answer he wanted to hear, he’s still happy for gaining his “approval”. With a smile plastered on his face, he made his way out of YGE building, rethinking their earlier conversation.

 

“You can just send a digital copy of your album to them through e-mail.” Yang Hyunsuk laughed. The boy infront of him was too transparent that he already knew what his intentions were before he even stepped inside his office. “I’d like to hear it too. I’ll be honest with you. I think you’re musically capable… as a producer.”

“Thank you, sir. I don’t… exactly know what to say after hearing your compliment. But, thank you.” Zico shyly smiled. “About the album…” he brought back the topic. “I wanted to personally give it to them and I actually came here to inform them that it’s currently being manufactured. I think it’s more appropriate to meet them in person than to just send them a text or something.”

“I think that’s your excuse. Your real reason was to see one of my daughters, right?”

Zico was taken aback. How could YG know?

“I know what you’re thinking, How did I know? I actually have this sort of power that enables me to know what’s inside a person’s heart. Weird.” Hyunsuk laughed. “But it’s a good thing. It helps me understand people better.”

“Uh, n-ne, sir.”

“Why are you stuttering?”

“I-I… since 2NE1 sunbaenims’ dating ban is lifted.. I was w-wondering, yeah, if um, I could date.. no, sorry sir, not date but---”

“—get a chance with Gong Minzy?” YG finished it for him.

“Yeah.” Zico smiled.

“I know that. You, young kid, I guess my child has really captivated you with her charm.” Zico grinned and nodded. Gong Minzy really is a girl full of charm. The way she dances, the way she sings, her personality, the comfortable aura that she possess… and the list goes on. “I like you for Minzy.” He scratched the side of his head and rested his chin on his palm. “But you do know where this would bring you two… don’t you? It’s not the right time yet.”

 

Zico knew that he’s at blossoming point of his career, and Minzy’s currently at her successful stage. He understood perfectly what could happen to the both of them. They had their careers to take care of. It’s not something which could be just put aside to see how far their relationship could go. They’re friends now. And even if he wants to be more than that, he’ll just wait. It’s not like he’s already inlove with Minzy.

 

--

 

“Wassup, we’re BIGBANG!” BIG BANG made their signature greeting as the camera finally focused on their faces. The 5 quickly left the spot after ending their video message about their surprise comeback for their dear VIPs.

“Yah, Ji.” Youngbae nudged Jiyong’s arm. They were both headed towards the make-up room when Taeyang appeared beside him. He looked around to see if there were people watching and upon seeing no one, he turned to his best friend. “Did you hear about the news?”

Jiyong returned his question with a smile before answering. “What news?”

“We’re official…” Youngbae couldn’t stop himself from smiling. Just thinking about that fateful day makes him proud. “Thanks, bro.”

“Who’s official?” Jiyong was rather clueless. The two heard Seungri shouting “Jiyong hyung!!! Youngbae hyung!!!!” so they both turned their heads to the maknae. “What’s up?” Jiyong asked Seungri.

“Ohohoh.” Seungri let out a hilarious laugh and his infamous smug expression. “I’ll be going on a blind date later!” he rubbed his chin with his thumb like what those handsome businessmen would do in movies. “And it’s a flight attendant!!”

“Didn’t I tell you not to hit on flight attendants? Aisht. You never listen.” Youngbae complained.

“Do you think I’d listen to you? Ahahahahah!! Ahahaha! Right Jiyong hyung? Right?” Seungri laughed but Youngbae suddenly wrapped his arm around the younger one’s neck. “Ahh!! Youngbae hyung! Can’t breathe! Yah!! Just—let g-go!” Jiyong was just looking at them amusingly. BaeRi bullying is always fun to watch. The older one let go of him after a while and fixed his stance.

“Anyway, as I was saying… we’re official. Dara noona and me..” As soon as Youngbae said those words, Seungri’s eyes slowly widened and he slowly turned his gaze to his hyung.

“How?!?!!?! Since when are you two official? Does YG know about this?!”

“All thanks to my best friend.” Youngbae said as he smiled at Jiyong and the three of them entered  the make-up room. “Well, she was doing a CF for Etude House right? I sort of crashed the filming because of my proposal. Damn. It was embarrassing but it isn’t! I don’t know! But I’m just glad Dara noona accepted me.” Youngbae sat on the side of the chair where Jiyong was sitting.

“Does YG know about this??” Seungri repeated himself. He observed his hyung impishly.

“Well…”

“Does he??”

“I’ll beat you to it, Seungri. I know you’d blabber some more fallacious things if I don’t.” Jiyong laughed at Youngbae’s remark while the maknae smirked.

“Oh.”

“Anyway, this is what happened…” he let out a wide smile, remembering the day when Dara agreed to become his girlfriend. The two boys in the room looked at him as they listened to every word he’s said. The way he tells them about her; how he looks so happy talking to them about it… they knew very well, that Youngbae’s head over heels about that girl.

 

“Noona! Have you seen Dara noona?” Youngbae walked fast to the older lady. He has seen her fixing some camera cables which got tangled on the ground.

“Oh, hi Youngbae! She’s getting dressed right now.” She said without looking.

“Thanks. I’ll come inside, ne?”

“Sure.” She smiled as she glanced at Youngbae.

 

“HELLO!!!” A voice broke out and they knew it came from Dara. She was recognized as a chirpy model so it was nothing new to hear her greet all the staffs in such a happy way. Her eyes landed on her fellow YG family so she immediately ran to him.

“You’re here?! Wow! Hi Youngbae!” she beamed. “Aigoo~ and CL isn’t even here yet. What a harsh leader. She told me she’d come….” Dara crossed her arms and scrunched her nose in a Park Dara-ish way. “What brings you here?”

“C-can we talk?” Youngbae asked, his bashfulness eating him up again.

“We’re talking right now…” Dara replied, chuckling.

“In private.” He tried again.  Youngbae looked at another direction before directing his gaze back on Dara. “It’s important and you need to hear it now.”

“Omo, what is it about?”

“You’ll know when….” Youngbae paused. “-we get to a private place.”

“Eh, Youngbae.” Dara glanced at the staffs who were looking at them. “Maybe later? I still have to film the CF. I’m busy right now T_T Maybe after... an hour? Maybe I’ll get a break after that.”

“Sure, I’ll wait.”

“Okay, talk to you later!” Dara uttered before running to the set. Unknown to Youngbae, the girl’s completely anxious.

 

-

After 30 minutes…

Youngbae was waiting patiently at one side, watching how his Dara noona was acting infront of the camera. She’s gorgeous, he thought. Even without that much make-up on her face right now, she’s still looking like a pretty butterfly. He looked down as he recited his “confession” for her in his thoughts. He’s been practicing since she asked him to wait for her but he can’t get the right words to say. He panicked as the thought of messing up reached his mind.

 

--

 “You seem distracted today Ms. Park. Are you tired?” the director adjusted his glasses as he stood up and walked away from the monitor. Dara only smiled a coy smile. “Let’s take a break!!” he shouted and the staffs quickly walked in different directions, all the while blurting out utters of ‘Thanks’ or ‘Yes!!’.  “You too, Dara-sshi.” The director smiled.

“Ah, ne! Thank you.” Dara thanked him then she proceeded to where Youngbae was. She saw how he walked back and forth and how he looked to be in a deep thinking. “Youngbae-ah.” She called him but he didn’t turn his head. “Youngbae!”

“Dara noona!” Youngbae froze on his position.

“What are you doing?” she asked.

“Uhmm..” he slowly turned his head towards her and fixed his posture. “Hey.”

“It’s our break. What do you want to talk to me about?”

“Let’s go to a private room first.” Youngbae suggested but Dara looked at him dubiously.

“Let’s just talk right here and right now.” Dara replied. What’s the need for a private room? They’re only going to talk about.. something. It’s not that she’s afraid that Youngbae might take advantage of her or something. He’s not like that. He’s a pure man. But, she’s feeling surprisingly anxious about their ~talk~. Right, what’s it going to be about?

“Why here?” Youngbae asked carefully.

“Youngbae.” Dara called his name ever so soothingly. It’s as if she’s lifting some burden off his shoulders. “Come on. Why not here?”

“Should I just whisper… or.. write it on a piece of paper… well…” Youngbae’s losing his manly side infront of the girl he loves. It’s embarrassing but amusing. Dara tilted her head to the side, confused with the younger man’s words.

“Youngbae. Just tell me..” Dara walked to the chair not far from their place and sat on it.

“Okayyy…. I just hope I get the result I really want…” he said before closing his eyes, so tight that wrinkles were showing and his face’s all scrunched up. “DARA NOONA, I LOVE YOU. NOT AS A FRIEND BUT AS SOMETHING MORE. I… I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO SAY. I GUESS I REALLY FELL FOR YOU.. I FELL FOR YOU HARD OKAY. I JUST.. I JUST WANT TO HAVE A CHANCE WITH YOU, SO I CAN MAKE YOU LIKE ME BACK. CAN YOU BE MY GIRLFRIEND? I REALLY WANT TO ASK YOU THAT A LONG TIME AGO… AND I’M ONLY ASKING IT NOW.. I WANT TO KNOW YOUR ANSWER. AND EVEN IF IT’S “NO”… DON’T WORRY, I’M NOT GOING TO JUMP OFF A CLIFF OR EVEN SLASH MY WRIST… IT’S WORTH ASKING AND I DON’T WANT TO PRESSURE YOU.. I’LL WAIT. AND… YEAH. ARE YOU DARA? BECAUSE I THINK YOU’RE DARAYT ONE FOR ME…I…” Youngbae opened an eye to peek at Dara’s reaction but was surprised to see all the people from the set standing behind her. “Did I just…”

“Youngbae. We heard everything hahahahahha.” One stylist laughed. “That’s so cheesy!!!! Omo!! Dara’s cheeks are turning red!!” Everybody turned to Dara and she shoo-d their teases away as she lowered her head.

Youngbae was dumbfounded. He only literally proclaimed his confession to Dara in a very loud manner. Now what? He bit his lower lip as he stepped back. “Mianhae noona.. Sorry for embarrassing you… I didn’t realize I was already… hehehe.” He masked his true feelings with a nervous laugh. “Sorry! I’ll leave now!” He was about to go when Dara’s voice stopped him.

“Youngbae! No! It’s fine!!” she shouted. Youngbae looked at her attentively, watching her every move. Dara balled her fists and shot him a determined look. “I….” Youngbae nodded his head once, eager to hear her next words. Dara sighed and continued, “I was waiting for your confession a long time ago, Youngbae.”

 

And that’s when SUNDARA officially started.

“Cool, hyung!! But you’re a coward!! If I were you, I would be direct to the point!! I’ll make my confession sweet and romantic.. You only……” Jiyong smirked at Seungri’s remarks.

“Nice.” Jiyong simply stated. Youngbae and Seungri looked at him as he smiled. Seungri flinched. Jiyong’s smile was so plastic he could melt it in a microwave. >__<

“Enough of this. Hehe.” Youngbae felt the tension coming from the maknae. “Let’s wrap up! Come on!!” He said and pushed the two guys out of the room.

 

BIGBANG still wasn’t done with their schedule. After that video message, they still have to do photo shoots and a sudden CF was asked to be filmed right away. Busy kings, you can say.

Upon reaching home, Seunghyun raced to his room and jumped on the bed as he hugged one of his be@rbricks. The 4 were walking lazily and each of them searched for a cozy chair to sit on. Daesung played the songs in his phone’s playlist, and Jiyong, though tired, hummed to those, tapping his side in a rhythmic manner, following the beat of the song.  

“DAESUNG!!” Jiyong suddenly shouted, causing alarm to Daesung.

“Hyung!!”

“Thanks!!! I’ve thought of a new beat on my mind… thanks to that!” He suddenly stood up as he walked to his room. Before closing the door, he hung the “Don’t disturb” tag on the knob.

 

 

GD took out his song book from the drawer and wrote the song title on a new page. ~Falling Out Of Love~ After that, he mindfully worked on it.

 

 

--

 

Hello~!!! After a long time, I've finally updated! D: I'm so sorry for the hiatus. I was on vacation. :))) And ahoy there, new subscribers!! THANK YOOOOUUU :"> Hihi. There will be less SkyDragon moments from now on, well, a Jiyong-initiated moment that is.... Idk. Plus, I am sorry for the wrong grammar. mianhaeeee i am not an english expert or somethin ;~; huhu. And oh!!! Can you write down your comments? How do you want Chae to be like? What do you want Jiyong to do? :D AND OH. FILIPINO VIPs... ARE THERE ARE FIL. VIPs HERE??? SEE YOU ON OCT 24!!! WOOHOOOOOO!! MABUHAY PILIPINAS!! YAN NA BIGBANG MEHEHE. *happy dance*