The Start

Young Love

"Omo! Youngbae-ah! You're so sweet!" Dara smiled and thanked Youngbae for the nth time. It was because he went to the girls' apartment just to bring them their food since YG had this idea to give a day-off to all their employees. The only ones left in the building were the 2NE1 and Big Bang members, including the other dancers who are currently practicing at the studio. "Why don't you stay here for awhile? Come in!" Dara urged him. 

"Ah, no, I still need to be at the studio." Youngbae flashed his "sun smile" and shook his head. 

"You're extremely busy nowadays.." Dara made a "tsk" sound and giggled. "Okay then. Thanks again!"

Youngbae pointed to the food Dara was holding and looked at it then back at her. "Make sure you share that with the other girls. Okay, noona?"

"Aigoo! Do you think I'd keep this all to myself?!!" She asked unbelievably. 

"Just kidding!" Youngbae laughed as Dara made cute annoyed expressions. "Bye!" He waved at her as he started to walk away. When he realized that he forgot to tell his noona something, he quickly ran to stop the door from closing. "Wait!" He removed the weight of his hands from the door and peeked in, only to stumble backwards upon hearing Dara scream. "Noona!" Youngbae regained his balance and threw her a 'whoa why scream' look. 

"You scared me!!!" Dara brought her hand to her chest as she steadied her breathing. "What is it?"

"Can you tell Chaerin that Jiyo--- I mean, Hyunsuk hyung wants to see her as soon as she wakes up." He told her the message while shaping and fixing his mohawk. "Tell her that it's important.."

"Oh! So that's what you wanted to tell me.." Dara beamed at him. I thought he wanted to ask me out or something, she mentally asserted. "I'll also tell her you said Hi."

"Yeah! Um... hi... Okay. Bye!" Youngbae tapped Dara's shoulder and walked away.

 

She went back inside their apartment and placed the food Youngbae brought on the desk in the living room. 

"Should I still wait for them to wake up?"

"But I'm hungry! I should eat first! "

"Hm... what if Bommie and Chaerinnie gets mad? "

"Aigoooooo~ I'll just wait for them.." Dara was debating with herself as she tapped her chin thoughtfully. She quickly went to the girls' room to check on them, but they're all still asleep. Well, that leaves her with no choice but to eat first since she didn't want to disturb their slumber. She sat on the sofa in the living room and took out all the food that was inside the bag. "They all look delicious!!!! Ahhh! Gamjatang!!" She squealed as she eyed the pork stew with potatoes packed in a container. "Mmmm..." The smell of the food was simply inviting. Dara placed it back on the table to still choose from all the yummy meals Youngbae brought them. What a thoughtful man, really... 

Maeuntang..

Bulgogi....

Daeji Galbi..

Tangsuyuk...

Dara will have already eaten all that was on the table but since she's such an indulgent unnie who takes care of her dongsaengs, she only chose one. "Oh, what's this?" She didn't notice what was left inside the bag. Moving the container in front of her, she got the other one and was surprised to see the kimchi fried rice. "I'll just eat this one!" She happily exclaimed then she started eating it like a little child who got a treat from her mommy after a full day's worth of play. 

 

Unknown to the girl eating happily in the apartment, the kimchi friend rice was actually made by Youngbae himself. She also didn't know that he was checking her out through his phone which was connected to the installed camera in their room. It's the camera that they were to use in the incoming 2NE1TV Season 4. YG just instructed the camera crew to place it there so the girls can already do some pre-recording.

Youngbae even begged the employee who was about to leave to just give in to his request. Talk about the desperate in-need-of-a-girlfriend man here! 

"I'm glad she's the one eating my kimchi." He smiled at himself, feeling really delighted inside. He didn't even notice that Jiyong was already sitting beside him, who was extending his neck to see the video in his phone.

"Ji!!" Youngbae quickly stuffed his phone inside his pocket as he flashed an awkward smile. "You're awake!"

"Yeah..." Jiyong's eyes fixed on Youngbae's pockets. "What were you watching?" He asked.

"Oh.. nothing. Just a... uhm.. music video!" He let out a small laugh but it passed a different message to Jiyong instead. 

"So you're lying to me now, ha!" Jiyong stood up from his seat and went straight to his room to make himself up. "Have fun watching that Bruno Mars video. That must be very inspirational." He emphasized Bruno Mars as he neared the door. 

Youngbae brought his palm to his forehead as he sighed. If there was someone who understood him perfectly other than his mom, it's already a given because it's Jiyong. The great G-Dragon. The musical prodigy. His forever buddy. His best friend! He tried to cover the slight smile that was tilting up his lips out of embarrassment. Of course. Jiyong knew his lie. 

"I didn't know Bruno Mars evolved into a girl which is now called Dara who's eating the kimchi friend rice the "sun" made for her." Jiyong was now inside the room and Youngbae saw him toss several clothes on the bed. 

Youngbae just shook his head in amusement as his best friend constantly peeked at him only to throw funny faces. 

 

--

 

"Good afternoon, sir!" Zico bowed down in front of the president. He was inside Yang Hyunsuk's office and now he knew the feeling of the YG trainees who always revealed that they feared the old man. His mere presence alone was very intimidating and he looked like someone who'd put others' viewpoints down. "I already worked on my album and I..uhmm... produced new beats. I think Jiyong-sshi and Chaerin-sshi would best give the "leader" feeling to it." He said as he handed the president a sample CD.

"Yes, thanks." He got the CD and quickly placed it on top of the player under his desk. "I'll enjoy your music." Hyunsuk smiled and raised his arm, signalling Zico that he may leave his office. 

"Oh. That's... it?" Zico shrugged his shoulders once and asked, definitely confused. Well, Cho PD was not like this. Hyunsuk smiled at him again and nodded. How... weird. "Okay then. Thank you, President..." He gave a 90 degree bow and thanked him again. 

 

When Chaerin woke up, she immediately went outside the room to look for something to eat. And to her surprise, the first thing she saw was a thin figure who was dancing in her seat while eating something which seemed to be their breakfast. That is so Dara. That was when her unnie told her that YG wants to see her, so, grabbing the first container she saw on the table, she gobbled up the Bulgogi, which to her dismay, tasted unusually nasty. She didn't finish the food so she took a quick shower and got dressed in her quirky phone dial sweater, one of her J.Scott casual faves, leggings and her sneakers. 

---

 

It didn't take long before Chaerin was already doing a breathing exercise just outside the president's room to calm her throbbing heart. For several years, she's been a part of YG FAMILY and she's annoyed by the fact that she can't seem to shake away her nervousness whenever she has to face her appa-like boss. She was about to knock on the door when it suddenly flung right open revealing an unfamiliar person who had the same shocked expression on his face. 

"Annyeong haseyo!" After bowing in unison, they both let out a shy laugh seeing their actions.

"Chaerin!" YG called her as he saw what just happened. "You're finally here. Come in!" He gave her a signal and also asked Zico not to leave the room. "Zico-sshi, since your purpose for being here has come, then, you should also stay for a while."  Zico only nodded as he stretched out his arm in mid-air, to let Chaerin walk to YG first. 

"Goodmorning..." She smiled at the president as she sat on the chair opposite him. Zico, on the other hand, sat on the other seat. They were about to start talking when several knocks were heard and YG only smiled realizing who it was.

"Come in Jiyong." Chaerin's face instantly turned to the direction of the door upon hearing YG say "Jiyong". 

Jiyong walked inside the office in his fashionable clothes while Zico's mouth was slightly hang open. He was looking at Jiyong as if he was the most gorgeous man in the planet, his aura different since it evoked a feeling of awe and submission. This G-Dragon turned out to be something more than what he expected. No wonder he's praised highly by almost everyone in the industry. The girl opposite him was no joke either. Her charisma was even more outstanding than his! Thinking about that, he bit his lower lip as he tried not to blurt out something unlikely for their first meeting.

 

Zico stood up and bowed to greet G-Dragon and he received a bow from him as well. Chaerin just smiled at him and then looked at YG. 

"So, I guess you know why you're all here." Hyunsuk had put his elbow on the table and rested his head in his hand---- looking like he was about to witness something really fun.

"Uh yeah. Excluding me." Chaerin said in a low tone. 

"You're all here to produce great music."

 

--

 

"What's taking Chaerin unnie so long??" Minji asked her two unnies who were busy baking cookies. They decided to bake sweets for the family again, but this time, without Chaerin. They wanted to surprise her as well. She washed the bowl that was on the sink and asked the same question to her sisters. 

"Minji-ah. She's busy talking with YG.." Bom wiped the flour out of her nose and replied.

"It's been 2 hours!"

"We know." The Park sisters both replied and looked at the maknae. "And it's been 2 hours since you've been asking where she is. Relax Mingkki ah!" 

"Why do I feel like----"

"Bom unnie! Dara unnie! Minji-ah!" Chaerin suddenly entered the place. 

"Ahhhh! Abort mission! Abort mission!" Dara quickly gathered the baking materials and hid it under the parched towel. "Aish! This girl! Knock first!" 

"Yah! That's right!" Bom nodded her head once while wearing her bully expression. 

"Aigoooooo~" Chaerin brushed off the Park sisters' complaints as she hit the table with both her hands as she groaned in frustration. Or did it have a subliminal zest to it? "I need to work on an album. If it was only for Zico, then it would be fine... but Jiyong's included in it too... Waeee!?" 

"Omo! Jinjaa? Great news!!!" Bom exclaimed as she hugged her Chaerinnie.

 

--

I was walking down the hallway when someone's voice made me stop in my tracks. It was Jiyong.

"What do you want?" I asked him in a bored tone. 

"I just wanted to tell you that I'm glad to be able to work with you." I turned to look at him and I was greeted with his bone-melting smirk. I couldn't move for a second and he chuckled after seeing the effect he has on me. "I guess you're pretty excited too."

"Yes, of course I'm excited. I've----"

"Are you excited because you're working with Zico, or is it because I'm also working with you?" He was becoming more confident of himself and it annoyed me a little. I looked to my left and sighed.

"What kind of question is that..."

"A question which requires a sincere answer." His tone was now serious and I could already imagine his face. When I didn't reply, he opened his mouth to speak. "I'll see you at work then."  

"Okay. I----" I brought my hand to my stomach as I felt like throwing up. 

"What is it?" In a second, his arm was already around my shoulder, assisting me and making me feel protected being this close to him. 

"Nothing." I was about to pull away from him but he didn't budge. 

"What did you eat for breakfast?" He asked me with a worried expression on his face. 

"Uhmm.." I was recalling what I ate but he spoke again.

"Let's get you something HEALTHY." We moved in a walking embrace and I was really ill at ease because of our proximity that was making my heart beat uncontrollably. "What do you want to eat?"

"Anything." I couldn't think properly.

"Okay. Let's order an Anything." He said as he chuckled. 

 

Jiyong was my company as I ate and since I got uncomfortable with his fixed stares, I convinced him to order for something to eat too. 

Our talk with the president only lasted for about 30 minutes and the reason why I took so long was because I was with Jiyong. During that time, I really felt the connection we have--- as friends. And it was something that I was happy about. Even if we're not lovers anymore, I couldn't be any more satisfied with our friendship. It was something that lifts up one's spirit. And it was more than what I needed.

Perhaps I already moved on, huh? 

I hope so... 

 

--

 

Hello! Here's an update. Since our thesis title has been approved, I had free time so I worked on this ^^