Tonight

Young Love

"Jiyong oppa! Oppa!" I felt someone lightly shake my shoulders, awakening me from my peaceful slumber. "Oppa!" I recognized that voice too well.

"Urrghhh.. what is it, Minji?" I groggily asked with my eyes still closed. I shifted my weight to the other side making my head lean on the window. Then, as if fearing what was in front of me, I raised my arms and covered half of my face. Go away. I want to sleep ya'll. 

"Oppa, wake up! We're already here!" Minji sounded pretty excited. "Oppa!!!!~"

I blurted out uncalled-for noises as I tried to vent my ire on the kid. Everybody knows that I hate being woken up. But since it's Minji....well..I'll just let it pass. "Hmm?" I slowly opened my eyes and as expected, I saw her looking down at me, beaming. "What got you so giddy?"

"Oppa! We're here!" She replied in a happy tone. "Wake up if you still want to see the fountain!" 

"Fountain??" I asked. Minji nodded once and stepped out of the van leaving me there. "Hey!" I got up from my seat but was pushed back and I realized that I was still wearing my seatbelt. I unfastened it in a flash and literally jumped out of the vehicle to catch sight of what made the maknae so happy. Then it struck me! Nam Guk hyung brought us to a park facing the Banpo Bridge. I glanced at my watch and the time read--- 7:34 pm. "We'll see the fountain in awhile!! Yah! We're gonna---" I was flashing a toothy smile when I suddenly turned to my right and saw Chaerin with a grave expression. She had furrowed eyebrows and was quite far from where the 3 girls were.

----

 

"Hey.." I was already spacing out when someone called me. Am I that noticeable? It didn't take long until that person came to stand next to me. 

"Hey Jingyo.." From the corner of my eyes, I saw a small smile crept up to his lips. 

"So, you're finally talking to me now, huh?" Could you not think of other ways to start a conversation? It feels awkward.. 

"I definitely am." 

"Oh, haha..." Jiyong scratched the back of his head and sighed. He must be thinking of a way to communicate with me-- as in the type where we can just talk freely like before. "How was hyung able to convince you to,, uhm.. accompany me?" He stuck his hands in his back pockets which caught my attention because he only did that whenever he felt uptight. 

"Well, I was bored..." was my immediate reply. 

"That makes the two of us.." He said as he smiled. 

 

"It's starting!! Kyaaaahhhh!!!" We both heard Dara scream like a little child. She suddenly ran to the van to get her camera and take pictures of the beautiful spectacle that was just before us. "Bommie, Mingkki-ah!!! It's so beautiful!!!!" Dara and Bom were all ~^0^~ and Minji stood near them while taking a selca with the Banpo Bridge as the background. 

I laughed a little seeing my two childish unnies snatch the camera from each other. 

"Bom!! Take my picture first!! I'll upload it for our fans to see! They're waiting for my me2 update!" Dara was trying to reach for the camera because Bom, who was taking advantage of her height, was holding it far from Dara's reach. "Yahhhh!"

"Noooooo~" Bom was already grinning while she used her arm to refrain Dara from taking the camera from her. 

"Aigooo~ Bommie-ah! Please just---"

"Smile!" Bom held the camera high and quickly snapped a shot of them looking flipped out. "Woo. Here." She gave the camera back to Dara and laughed. No one can really stop this alien whenever she feels like bullying someone. 

"Minji! Come here!!" Dara just hit her forehead with her palm and sighed.

-

In the midst of the girls' wacky moment, two people were just staring at the Banpo Bridge, admiring the beauty of it with its fountains all lit up. It didn't just display a still fine mist. The water swayed like a bamboo being blown by a gentle zephyr and that rainbow fountain was simply stunning. 

"I've always wanted to see this with the girl I love..." Jiyong said, breaking the silence. I saw him turn to my direction as he held my hand in his. 

"Hmm, goodluck with that!" I just couldn't look him in the eye, since I know he wants to get into "the talk" with me. I carefully slipped my hand out of his as I took a deep breath. "Look, Jiyong, this isn't going anywhere." I faced him as I tried  to think of a good reason to make him realize that we're not meant for each other. "We already broke up. We're just friends now... nothing more. Don't do something stupid that might ruin our friendship." There was a lump in my throat and obviously, these weren't the words that I wanted to say to him. But all I know, this is just for the best. 

"Don't lie, Chaerin. I know exactly how you feel about me." I was expecting to see Jiyong's disappointed face but he only locked his gaze on mine with his firm reply. The way he looked straight into my eyes instantly started my heart racing. There he goes with the butterfly-spawning habit again. 

"Yes.. I love you, as a friend, and that's all I have, If you don't believe me, then, it's your choice to take." I gripped the pockets of my sweater as I felt my hands turn cold. "Seriously, Jiyong.. you need to move on---"

"Why would I?" He threw me a 'you better tell me a good reason first' look as he replied with a question. 

"Because I already moved on?" I think my answer was misgiving. 

"Since you've already moved on, I guess you don't mind committing yourself to a new relationship with me~" 

"No." I let out a small laugh, amused by Jiyong's determination to be with me again. "Don't blame me if you end up waiting for nothing." 

"Then so be it! Because I'm sure I'm never giving up on you." He inched closer as he hugged me out of the blue. "Enjoy your night with the girls!" Jiyong immediately pulled out from the contact and winked at me. I didn't complain at his actions because I was secretly enjoying it. "Don't you remember our 5th date? I took you here but we missed the rainbow fountain. Don't you remember? I even kissed you because you were so upset. Haha."

"Bom noona, Dara noona, Minji-yah! See you at the dorm! I'll be the first to leave!" He said his goodbye while widely waving his hands. "Bye Chaerin!' He gave me one last glance before finally hailing a taxi.

 

"Ji. I wish I wasn't so confused with my feelings. I don't want to keep you waiting." I whispered to the wind as my eyes followed the taxi Jiyong was riding. 

 

---

"What I want may seem like a pie in the sky. Give me time. I'll make you mine." Jiyong told the girl in his phone's wallpaper--- Lee Chaerin.

"Uh, mister, you're really handsome and I know that you're the great G-Dragon from Big Bang and.. umm..no offence but.. I have a wife and two kids. You want to make me yours? Uh, no thanks!" The middle-aged driver suddenly uttered making me burst into laughter.

"That was funny!"

"That was no joke." He looked at me in the mirror and shrugged. 

"Oh." I started to feel the goosebumps on my skin. "Okay." 

What a day.

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

Sorry for my poor English. I didn't have the time to double-check what I just wrote lol. ^_^

Btw, this is what Banpo Bridge looks like:

   tumblr_lowcvxWyCz1qk5mpyo1_500.jpg   

It's really beautiful and I wish I could go to this place too. Haha.