Metamorphosis.1

Young Love

 

Finally, Jiyong walked out of the room as he cursed over and over.

A tear trickled down his face and he just wiped it off roughly. He is no different from the people being tortured. Just why, for instance, does he have to suffer the pain he’s feeling right now? He had an unwavering plan to win back Chaerin’s heart. But he ended up resigning.

Jiyong walked out of the building, completely forgetting that he still has something to work on.

The album can wait, he thought.

He left the YGE building and thought that he should just party with his friends. What better way to forget your problems than to get wasted, ey? He dialled a couple of numbers and talked to people before putting on his usual pink girlfriend scarf and heading to a club. Unlike the usual idol fearful of any crazy fans that would follow them, he walked his way unhurriedly as if he had all the time in this world. He caught the attention of people who were obviously dazed by the presence of Big Bang’s leader-- Kwon Jiyong in the open streets of Seoul. They swarmed around him favorably.

 

“Oppa!! Please give us your autograph!!”

“OMO! It’s GD!! Where are you going oppa?? Oppa!!!”

“He is so flawless! Odfbgadofgdbj I wanna touch his skin! Ugh.”

“Why are you alone, GD?”

“Hiiii~ you look like my future boyfriend!!! Kekeke. Jiyong-ah! Call me noona!”

“Saranghaeyo!!!”

“Kwon leadah! I’m fashionable! Look at me!! Oppa!!!!!”

 

The slender young man smirked. Hundreds and thousands of girls are dying to be in a relationship with him, and here he is struggling with a broken heart, caused by the girl who’s continually pushing him away. Why is she different from all these girls? Why isn’t she crazy about me anymore? Oh yeah, it’s because she’s Lee Chaerin.

Jiyong would punch Cupid if he can— that little, mischievous archer >.<

That guy’s supposed to be settling on a person’s inmost heart. Did he miss the spot when he shot his arrow? If not, then why did Chaerin fall out of love with Jiyong? Jiyong took a deep breath before glancing at one girl. “Have you ever been in love?” he asked and stopped walking.

His random question came as a surprise for her. “O-op-ppa!” she stuttered.  He didn’t know why, but he just felt a drive to ask someone about it.

 

“Yes! I’ve been in love!! I love you so much Kwon Jiyong!! GD!!!!” a fan shouted and all the rest did too.

 

Jiyong mentally sighed. What kind of fan wouldn’t proclaim her love when her idol’s right in front of her? He still smiled, not wanting to disappoint any of them. He waved his hand and told them not to follow him.

“Bye!” Jiyong politely shoo-d them away and went on his way.

-

 

He arrived at the Noise Basement Club where YG artists hang out. The bouncers quickly recognized him from afar, so they escorted him to the mezzanine floor which was overlooking the dance floor. Jiyong plopped down on the cushioned sofa to drink with such exaggerated temperament. He poured the Bacardi 151 into a glass, drank in it one glug and ignored the temporary burning sensation in his throat.

Shot after shot... He didn’t stop for he was feeling high and miserable.

 

Why can’t you understand that you are waiting for nothing?

“Ba-bo!” Jiyong begins to laugh bitterly. “She made it clear to me a long time ago. But I was so blind to think that I could still restore our relationship to the way it was before...” He poured himself another glass and was about to drink it when a pair of strong hands gripped his arm. “What--” he looked up and saw his family member. Family, well... It just so happens that Byung Hoon was also in the club. It’s not a shocking thing, isn’t it?  

If he was asked to spell the words, “party hard”, he’d spell it with only a word and that is K-U-S-H.

“What are you doing here?” Byung Hoon asked as he heedlessly took the glass from Jiyong. The elder one was replied with a drunken laugh. “Yah, you’re already drunk. Go back to your apartment.”

“Awwwwww. Are you worried about me, hyung?” he looked up and innocently asked.  

“Is this about Chaerin?” Byung Hoon’s voice sounded sarcastic. Like the other family members, he was tired of seeing Jiyong looking so pitiful because of one woman. They know that he’s a wreck inside, and clearly more outside.

“Nah,” he tried snatching the glass from Byung Hoon but to no avail. Byung Hoon called for a bar boy and asked him to clear the table before Jiyong could drink some more. He was a party type and he partly influenced Jiyong to be like him. But seeing his dongsaeng turning into a disappointingly wasted chap, he knew he had to stop him. “I still want to drink!” Jiyong demanded.

“That’s enough!” Byung Hoon plopped down beside Jiyong. “I want to sound mean, Yong. You are stupid. Very stupid.”

“Aren’t you going to listen to me first?”

“Nope. I don’t want to hear your stupid explanations.”

“I’m not going to explain. I just… I just realized that it’s pointless if I still pursue Chaerin. It’s over between us.” Jiyong said. He brushed his fingers through his hair, messing it a bit.

“You finally realized it now?! Wow! That piece of realization had a hard time coming through your thick head, didn’t it?” he mocked Jiyong, and actually, he was inwardly glad that his dongsaeng got hold of the fact.

“Well,” Jiyong smirked. “Maybe you’re right.”

“Now what’s your plan?”

“I’ll be asking her to officially return as my good friend.” Jiyong uttered as he closed his fist. “I want our friendship back.”

 

--

 

 

“CL-ssi, why don’t you personally give this to him instead?” Seungri yawned in his hand as he questioningly waved the shirt in front of the leader’s face. He just woke up from his sleep, and being the maknae, he is ordered around by his hyungs. Seungri-ah, there’s someone outside. Would you mind finding out who the visitor is?

“He’s not there, isn’t he? So pleeeeeease, just give it to him when he comes home.” Chaerin let out a forced happy smile at Seungri.

“I’m a busy person! I still have to organize the members’ schedules. I have an appointment with an endorsement company. I have many things to do!” Seungri complained and joked in English, “So many stress, you know?”

“Yah! Just give that to him. Bye! Thanks!” Chaerin walked out on Seungri.

“Chaerin-ssi!!!!!!” he called her noisily. “Aisht!” Seungri was making faces while Chaerin walked away. Then Jiyong appeared in the picture. Seungri gasped and saw Chaerin freeze in her tracks. “Omo…” he felt like a witness to some TV drama.

“Jingyo oppa.” Chaerin’s eyes scanned Jiyong from head to toe. “I already gave Seungri your shirt.” She stuck up a thumb and pointed to Seungri. Jiyong gave her a smile and replied, “Thanks Chaerin!”

The atmosphere became awkward and Chaerin realized that one has to leave.

“I still have to practice! See you---”

“Chaerin.” Jiyong cut her off instantly. Instead of grabbing her arm, he only spoke.

“Hmm?” The color drained from her face as she feared Jiyong’s incoming words. With a single leg forward, she felt more uncomfortable. She didn’t know if she should face Jiyong or just listen to him in that position. After a couple of seconds, she did the former.

Jiyong smiled at her sweetly before extending an arm.

“Huh?” she asked, confused.

“Let’s forget about what happened yesterday.”

“W-what?”

“I’m sorry for being a pain in the neck to you. I didn’t realize it until yesterday.”

Chaerin nodded with furrowed eyebrows. She didn’t know how to react. She should be happy that Jiyong’s finally ‘surrendering’, but why is she feeling a whole different thing?

He continued, “I just want to make it clear that I still value you and our relationship very much. So…” Jiyong’s arm fell to his side. “Let’s return to being friends! Okay?”

“Sure! Friends!” Chaerin chuckled in relief. But the truth was, she felt empty all of a sudden.

“No hard feelings. Past is past!” Jiyong took Chaerin’s hand and shook it with his, their Chrome Hearts bracelets strapped around their wrists both revealed from the contact. He let go of her and flashed a goofy smile before entering the apartment. He meant what he told her. He’s really going to forget their memories as lovers, and only remember their friendship. That’s the only way he could find himself.

“GD! What happened yesterday between you and Chaerin?” Seungri poked his hyung’s arm as soon as he came in. Jiyong’s words tickled his curiosity… Let’s forget about what happened yesterday. “What happened? I want to know!!”

“It’s nothing.”

“Hyung, don’t you trust me???” Seungri bugged him.

“I guess you know the answer to that.” Jiyong raised a brow at his dongsaeng. He went to the living room and took the phone lying on the table beside the couch.

“Hyung!”

 

--

 

A few days had passed and Jiyong already finished recording the song with Zico and Chaerin.

He was done working on his part for Zico’s solo album. But he was surprised when the boy begged him to get Minzy to sing a duet with him. Jiyong was bothered by Zico’s endless pesters. So in the end, with a little help from Se7en, he made Minzy agree to the rapper’s request. They produced a song titled “Show Me”. It’s got an electronic pop sound that is a usual YG fruit. Zico nabbed a special 2-YG bonus for his album! The first one’s the track with the leaders, GD and CL. And the second one’s with his current “interest”, Minzy. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------

Okay guys, here's an update after a very very long time! +.+ Whew. Mianhaaeeeee. 

I hope you didn't completely forget me. D: