Chapter 9

Your Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

Mina can't seem to find herself a comfortable position to sleep. Thoughts are keeping her busy, it never leave her mind. She wants to think about it, her relationship with Baekhyun. Was Baekhyun happy to be with her? Was she happy to be with Baekhyun? She wants to think it over, and over again. She wants to consider every single detail.

 

Mina glances on the clock that has been hanging on the wall. It's already fifteen minutes after one and she doesn't like one bit of her thoughts. She seems to be more pessimists in time like this. Her midnight thoughts are killing her. Silently, Mina took her phone under her pillow. She runs through her contacts and then stops when she finally found the name she was looking for.

 

Should I call? She thought.

 

No, she should not. She might wake him up. He is probably sleeping now.

 

But her thoughts are killing her. She couldn’t take it anymore. She needs to hear his voice. She needs to hear assurance. She needs him. Mina took one last deep breath before tapping the green button, calling the man she needs the most.

 

Mina was about to end the call after it reaches the fifth ring but it suddenly got connected, which somehow makes her feel happy.

 

"Hey, babe?" She heard him says. Her tears fell down. Mina covered with her hand to muffles all her sobs. She is happy. Her call got connected. It reaches him. And he answers it. That means a lot to her.  It slightly helps her calm down.

 

"Mina-ah? You there?" He repeated when Mina doesn't responds to his calling. Mina put her phone away from her as she takes a deep breath. "Hm" she utters as she pressed the phone back against her right ear. Baekhyun breathes in relief when he heard her. It worries him. He knows something is wrong with Mina. He just couldn't bring himself to ask her that.

 

"Why are you still up? You should be sleeping now. I told you to go to bed early and rest…" Mina hears him grumbles and that made her smile. She wipes her tears and then nods, even though Baekhyun couldn't see her doing it. "I'm sorry…" Mina was about to say something but images flash inside her head. The look upon Baekhyun face whenever he sees Soyeon. The longing he might be feeling whenever their eyes met. And that made her tears come back. Mina's hand clenched against the sheet beneath her palm. Her sobs slowly became audible and Baekhyun manages to catch it.

 

"What happened, Mina-ah?" He asks as he pressed his back on the headboard of his bed. He could hear her sobs and he knew that she is obviously crying. It worries him. He doesn't like the sound of her crying, it pains him deep inside. "Baby… answer me, hm?" Baekhyun said lowly as if he is whispering against her ear. Mina muffles her sobs using her pillow as she presses her back on the headboard. "I…" she hums trying to speak between her sobs, but couldn't. "What is wrong, hm? Tell me…" Baekhyun trails as he brushes his hair with his hand. "I…" Mina tries once again. "… miss you… I, want to hold you" Mina manages to say between her sobs. She doesn't even bother wiping her tears anymore. It was pointless anyway. She is hurting. She wants to let it all out. It bothers her. It keeps her awake. It keeps her scared. "Do not sleep, okay?" She heard him say before she heard the call disconnected.

 

 

Mina sighs as she closes her eyes. She wants to get away and escape. She doesn't know that loving Baekhyun and being with him will be happy and hard at the same time. It gives her so much pain. She wonders if they could just go back to the times where she was already satisfied watching him from a far. Back to the times where Baekhyun still hasn't noticed her. She knows that love always come with hardship but does the pain she is feeling now really necessary? Does she worth all these problems? Does she deserve every bit of it?

 

It was then when she received a phone call from him. She hesitates but answers it anyway. "Hi, Baekhyun?" She cheerfully said when she answers the call. She heard him sighs and then cluck his tongue. "Open the door. I'm outside" Mina blinks more than twice and then head swung to the clock, it reads quarter before two. Did he? Did he really bother to come? Mina clears and then awkwardly chuckles. "Don't joke around, Baekhyun. It's not funny~" she says as she bits her lip. "Please, come down right now. It's chilly outside; I forgot to bring a jacket"

 

"Do not hang up on me" she demands and then rushes to the front door, running, praying that Baekhyun isn't really making fun of her. She unlocks the door and then swings it open, revealing Baekhyun with his phone pressed against his ear, staring straight at her. went agape before running unto his arms. Baekhyun welcomes her sweetly, hugging her.

 

He has his hands around her middle as Mina cries. Baekhyun soothes her, whispering things that might cheer her up. Suddenly, he doesn't feel cold anymore. All he could ever think at the moment is Mina, and the sound of her crying. Baekhyun's hand travels towards the back of her head and then pulled her against him as his other hand rubs her back. "This is not okay, Mina. We need to talk about this…" he trails as he kisses her temple.

 

 

 

Baekhyun stares at Mina as the tw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter