First kiss

Your Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

"What happened yesterday? How's the date with Baekhyun, hm?" Minyu immediately asked as soon as Mina settled next to her. Mina shakes her head and then playfully smacks Minyu in the head. "I went home and he ends up having dinner with Soyeon alone instead." She answered smiling as she took her phone out, checking if ever she received a message.

Minyu shook her head in disbelief, not believing that her friend let the chance slide out of her hand. "Don't be surprised if ever Soyeon get Baekhyun. You know how close they are, everything is possible. Have you ever thought that?" Minyu warned still shaking her head with a sigh. Mina lips curved a thin-line before sighing. She knew it! She has been thinking about that since last night. "If he only loves me then there's nothing to be scared about." Mina replied, wishing that Baekhyun only love her. She hoped that Baekhyun already figured out what his true feeling is. He can't be confused. He can't just turn his back on her once she decided to face him. Baekhyun told that himself, that what he feels for Mina is real. So, there is nothing to be scared about. "Duh!? Soyeon is a girl, a beautiful girl. Guys admire her. It's possible that they both have feelings for each other. We don't know! But maybe they haven't figured it out yet. Or maybe she could just seduce him. I, if I were a boy, will fall for her anytime." Minyu reasoned with a matter of fat tone. Minyu shakes her head in disbelief as she looks at her best friend. They both like each other and somehow Minyu can't understand why Mina still not giving Baekhyun an answer.

Baekhyun has been courting her for how many months already. His class knows that Mina is Baekhyun's love interest, his fans know it too. It seemed like the whole campus know that Baekhyun is desperately in love with Mina. He has been shouting, screaming that he loves her, for almost every single day. He doesn't fail to make her smile, even though sometimes Mina is smiling secretly.

Minyu, out of everyone else, knows how Mina feels for Baekhyun. For God's sake they love each other. No matter how many push Minyu is doing, Mina just can't seem to accept Baekhyun. And she doesn't get why. She is Mina's best friend, she knows her more than anyone else and yet she couldn't tell why Mina is still keeping this.

"You know I have trust issue!" Mina blurted out, frustrated. "Seriously now, Mina? Trust issue? I know you could tell how sincere Baekhyun is. Do you think he's playing with you with those acts?" Minyu fought giving her a look.

Mina only sighed changing the topic as she doesn't want to deal with the frustration as of now.

 

Mina changed into her gym uniform for todays afternoon cheerleading practice. She tied her hair into a bun before entering, lightly pushing the door. She was greeted by other cheerleader and some students who know her and she greeted them all back with a genuine a smile.

"Hey! We're about to start." Hyemi, one of the cheerleaders, said as they crossed path along the way. "I'll just put my bag in the locker room." Mina informed as she went running to the gym's locker room. Punching her lock's code, she shoved her bag inside. She runs back to their practice area and then went to her position.

Mina immediately settled herself on the floor as the captain walked in front and discusses their new routine and stunts. Of course, everything had been tested by some before it was proposed to the team.

Mina listened very carefully, repeating some of her sentences inside her head, when a voice interrupted the discussion.

"Hello there, girls!" Baekhyun greeted as he stops in front beaming a bright grin. The girls looked up to him and smiles while some squeals as some are Baekhyun's fans."Hi, oppa!", "Oh ghad, Byun Baekhyun!", "Hi, Baekyy" was all Mina heard from the girls' mouths. Baekhyun is indeed popular that even cheerleaders who are already having boyfriends are still fangirling over him.

"We're busy, Baek. Could you just go away and practice your lame basketball skill?" Soyeon retorted as she glared at the boy. Baekhyun chuckled and then reached out to ruffled the girl's hair that made her even more irritated.

Mina watched the two interacted and then she felt her heart clenching. "Aren't they cute?", "They look cute together", "I wonder if they are dating secretly." Mina felt jealous after hearing the murmuring. She sighed and then looked away. She can't bare it seeing them teasing each other. She is hurting. She felt jealous… even though Baekhyun clearly tell her that he and Soyeon are just friends.

Mina had to admit, too, that the two really look good together. They were known for being good friends. Who knows? Friends could be lovers sometimes. She tried to blink her approaching tears away. Their relationship is something to envy by many. Baekhyun is always there to protect Soyeon. When they were still freshmen, she heard a lot of things about them and so she also had classes with them too. Baekhyun is there to stand up for Soyeon when she got bullied. He is always there for her. He will buy her foods after that too. He doesn't let any random guy to approach Soyeon. Because of that she heard that Soyeon wasn't able to date during those times as no one passed Baekhyun's qualification.

"Lame? You call it lame? I am last year's league MVP for your information and perhaps the best point guard in the prefecture." He boasted and then Soyeon pushed the boy away with a glare. "Go away! We are practicing, Byun Baek!" Baekhyun laughs contented that he annoys Soyeon before scanning the group, trying to spot where Mina is.

He spotted Mina who is looking at the other direction, preventing him from seeing her face. Baekhyun blinked. He stared at the girl for seconds before following her gaze. Soyeon then glanced at Baekhyun, watching him search for the love of his life making her scoffs.

Baekhyun wonders what is on Mina's mind as she looked so occupied. Mina then looked in front making Baekhyun see her side features. His heart clenched after seeing Mina's sad expression. What's up with her? He wondered before running back to the half-court, as the cheerleaders using the other half, after hearing his coach calling his name.

Mina then looked at his back figure running back to his team before looking back in front only to meet Soyeon's eyes. They both looked away at the same time and then the discussion goes on.

 

Mina was wiping her sweat as she made her way to the locker room. The practice took an hour and a half and her tops were already soaked. She opened her locker and then took her spare clothes before walking to the girl's shower room. Her mind is occupied with lots of things but majority of her thoughts were about Baekhyun and Soyeon.

The two have been inside her head for a while now and she doesn't like one bit of it. They are distracting her. As much as she wants to avoid thinking of them, the more they pop up on her mind.

 

"Here!" Baekhyun exclaimed, handing Mina an ice cream, startling her. Mina looked up to meet his smiling face. Mina stared at the ice cream and then her gaze went back to Baekhyun then to the ice cream. "What are you doing here?" she asked casually. "Eat it before it melts." He demands before sitting next to her.

Mina was on the soccer field trying to unwind and relax when suddenly Baekhyun appeared in front of her. She went here to clear her mind and yet Baekhyun just have to appear in front of her.

Mina then took the ice cream on his hand muttering thank you lowly. Baekhyun beamed a small smile before his own ice cream as he sits beside her. He keeps on looking at her every now and then and Mina felt bothered by it. Mina looked back at him to meet his eyes and then raised a brow. "What are you looking at?" Baekhyun blushed before retreating and then shrugged. "Nothing, just eat." Mina looked at him confusedly before looking away. Baekhyun turned to her and then smiled when he saw her smiling and her eyes ahead of her. He sighed in relief, smiling afterwards.

"Thank you, Baekhyun-ssi." Mina said shifting her gaze to Baekhyun. Somehow, the ice cream he gave to her magically cheers her up. They both felt their hearts race as their eyes met. Baekhyun tried to but still couldn't tear his eyes off her. He was mesmerized. Mina, on the other hand, got lost in his eyes. Baekhyun smiled to himself, thinking how she could make him feel like a jelly without even trying.

He was sure that he couldn't stand tall and firm with those sparkling eyes staring back at him. "I am inviting you for dinner and I am not going to accept a no." He muttered smiling. Mina blinked and then blushed, realizing how long she has been staring at him. She quickly looked away and then cleared . "I'll accept since you're going to insist anyway." She answered lowly, blushing at the thought of them having dinner date. Baekhyun cheered inside his head but only smile on the outside.

Mina smiles b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter