Night

Your Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

"Kai…" Soyeon whispered when she finally caught her breath. She had been crying for couple minutes now after Kai encouraged her to do so. It feels right. She felt like something has been lifted from her chest. It's refreshing. "hm?" He asked as he rubs her back still soothing her. "Why are you doing this? We're not close. We are not even friends…"

 

Kai smiles bitterly as his hand stops from moving. He hums, signaling her that he has been thinking what to say. "Maybe because I know what you are going through…" He answered. Soyeon pulled away from his hug and then straightened her back but face is still looking on the ground. Her fist clenched as she speaks. "Do I look horrible now?" She asked, voice still stuttering. Kai chuckles as he lightly pats Soyeon's head. "Here…" and then Kai hands him his handkerchief. Soyeon gladly accepted it and then wiped her face.

 

Soyeon slowly looked up and then beams him a sorry look. "I'm sorry for soaking your uniform…" she mumbles as she stares at his uniform. Kai chuckles and then waves his hand in front of her telling her it was alright. "Thank you, Jongin" Soyeon mumbles and then looks away.

 

 

 

"You did great!" Mina commented as Baekhyun sat beside her. Mina hands him a towel so that he could wipe his sweat, which Baekhyun gladly took from her hand, smiling. "I feel like we're practicing more than ever. Coach badly wants a repeat" he replied as he wipes his face. Mina watched Baekhyun and then abruptly took the sports tumbler beside her and then hands in to him when he turned to her. "Thanks" he mumbles after drinking and before standing up as he was called by the other player.

 

Mina is doing her homework at the bench while Baekhyun is having practice game. She was too caught up with what she is doing that she hasn't noticed a ball flying to her way. "Mina, watch out!" She heard someone shouted and so she looked up. She was about to get hit by the ball but a hand slaps the ball away. Mina let out a breath before looking up to the person that saves her. "Soyeon…"

 

Soyeon looked down at her and then smile. "May I?" She asked making Mina nods her head. Soyeon sits next to Mina's book as she looks ahead of her, watching the game. "Uh…" Mina hums awkwardly as she doesn't know what to say. Soyeon turned to her and then smiles. "How are you?" she asked. Mina smiles back at her and then awkwardly answers her question. "I'm good…"  Soyeon nods her head. "What are you doing?" Soyeon asked as her eyes fixed on her. "Well, uh, calculus…"

 

"Wow, you're good!" Soyeon said as she examined Mina's works. "Lots of the students here thought I am smart but actually I'm bad when it comes to numbers. It was Baekhyun…" Soyeon paused as she heard his name coming out from . It hurts her. "Well, he was the one tutoring me." Soyeon said finishing her sentence. Soyeon tries to pull the most genuine smile she could pull off at the moment but fail miserably. After all, she is still not okay. Mina smiles at her and then nods. "You don't have to be awkward towards me. I know what you are feeling. I'm fine with it." She said smiling. Soyeon lightly bit her lips and then nods. "How are you guys doing?" Mina bit her lips and then turned to Baekhyun. She caught him looking to their way but this time he is not looking at her. He is looking at Soyeon. It made her heart clenched. She starts feeling all jealous but she decided to ignore it. They are best friend, it is normal that he is worried. They haven't talk in so long. Of course he misses her.

 

"We're… fine. I mean, there is nothing wrong with us." Mina replied confusedly. Soyeon turned to her to examine her face. Mina is confused. She doesn’t know if she's happy being together with Baekhyun. They have been dating for how months already and yet she still doubts him. They are happy together but she feels like claiming Baekhyun is wrong. She knew that Baekhyun loves her but what if he loves Soyeon more than her? What if what he is feeling isn't a love for a friend but something more than that? She feels like she is forcing Baekhyun.

 

"Hey!" They both looked up to Baekhyun. Mina eyes sadden as she finds his eyes staring at Soyeon and Soyeon is doing the same thing. They are both staring at each other as if they are communicating through their eyes. No, they are really communicating through their eyes. She finds longing in his eyes and she hates how it hurts her. Mina smiles bitterly and then packed up her things making Baekhyun turned to her. "What are you doing, babe?" He asked as his eyes averted to Mina. Mina fakes a smile and then nods her head towards Soyeon. "You talk to her, I'll be going first."

 

***

 

Mina hates herself. She loves Baekhyun but she can't stay with him if he continue being like this. They may have been happy but she knows Soyeon never leaves his mind. She is always in his mind. He still spaced out and Mina tries her best to ignore it. But she couldn't be blind forever. If Baekhyun wants to be with Soyeon, she is willing to set him free. She doesn't want to force Baekhyun to look only at her when his eyes are set on Soyeon. She doesn't want to confuse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter