Endeavor

Your Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mina followed the two to who knows where restaurant they are heading. She watched as the two talks to each other, seeing how close they are. They looked like a real couple. If she doesn't know that they are only best friends, she would probably think they are couple. They've been best friends ever since they were in diapers because their parents are good friends. She envied their relationship. Soyeon knows so much about him and vice versa.

Baekhyun glances at Mina once in a while, kind of afraid that she felt left out. Mina stares at their back, their tangled arms. She felt her heart clenched. What she is feeling right now, she is sure that it is jealousy. Baekhyun looked back and see her expression. Their eyes met for a brief seconds before Mina looked away. She looks like third wheeling.

She then looked at Soyeon's hand that is wrapped around Baekhyun's arm as if she's scared that someone will take him away from her. She felt jealousy running through her veins and she doesn't like it. She stops from walking and then looked down. She doesn't want to lose Baekhyun but she can't push herself to accept him. Her mind and heart is fighting. She's having a second thought but watching him with his best friends scares her to death. What if he also likes her? What if he's just confused? Mina bit her lower-lip as thoughts start to eat her whole system. She just stared at her feet, occupied by the thoughts of the possibility of Baekhyun and Soyeon being together. "Hey, are you okay?" Mina flew back to reality when a hand reaches out to touch hers. She looked up at the owner of the voice and then stared at his face. Baekhyun immediately touches the girl's forehead after seeing her pale face. Worriedly, he speaks.

"Are you okay?" He repeated. She could have told him that she is not feeling well. Soyeon looked at the girl with a frown. It's not like she hates her, it's just that she just felt irritated whenever Mina is stealing Baekhyun's attention. What was she doing? Mina was only staring at the boy with a sad expression. She couldn't pull it off her. She likes Baekhyun. Baekhyun shook Soyeon's hand off of him before grabbing Mina's hands with his both hands. He squeezed them while looking at her face. "Mina, what's wrong?" He asked squeezing her hands in the process. Soyeon watched the girl blinked and then her face blushes as she saw Baekhyun, yet still looking pale. Soyeon lightly scoffs. "I… I am fine..." Mina whispered. Baekhyun then sighed in relief before pulling her to a hug. Mina's eyes grew bigger with the sudden contact. Her eyes found Soyeon's staring at her amusedly. She blinked and then looked away.

Baekhyun tightened his grip on her before releasing her. "Do you feel sick? Let's get you home..." he said before turning to Soyeon. "I'm sorry, So. I'll send her home first, I'll see you later." He said before walking to the other side of the street. "But..." Soyeon doesn't even able finish her sentence as Baekhyun was already far from her reach. She let out a sigh before walking to the restaurant near the place.

 

"Table for two." She answered the waiter who went after her as soon as she entered the restaurant. "This way, ma'am." The waiter replied with a smile before escorting her to the table. She smiled and then followed him. "I'll order later, thank you!" She stated. The waiter bowed and then went to the kitchen to give her a glass of water before going to other customer who called out for him. "That girl, seriously" she chanted inside her head. She is pissed off. Don't get her wrong. She likes Mina as a person but whenever she sees her with Baekhyun she just can't help but hate her too. And that frustrates her.

 

"I can go by myself, actually..." Mina said feeling bad. The three of them agreed to eat dinner together to the nearby restaurant, but then because of her he has to leave his best friend alone. Because of her she has to wait for him. She felt bad and guilty at the same time. No girl deserves to wait. "No, I'll send you home." He insisted as they both wait for the bus to arrive.

"Earlier… uh… how could I say this…" Mina turned to Baekhyun as she heard him talks. Baekhyun smiles awkwardly as he rubs the back of his head. "I don't know, don't get me wrong but… do you feel jealous? I mean, I invited you to dinner but Soyeon is all over me… I just think… that maybe…" Baekhyun shyly trails as he scratches the back of his head. Should I tell him? "I…" Mina opened but she is hesitating. Does that make her like a fool if she ever admitted that she is indeed jealous of them? She bit her lips. "I don't know…" she begun. "What I know is… you two… look good together." She added with a faint smile. She's not lying though, they really look good together. Baekhyun's face fell, not liking her answer. He wants her to feel jealous, even though he doesn't do it on purpose. He wants to know if Soyeon's actions bother her. "She's a close friend of mine…" Baekhyun stated as he turned away.

Mina kept quiet as she stared ahead of her. Her mind starts to be filled with thoughts of him and Soyeon again so she shakes her head and then covered her face with both of her hands. "Are you okay?" Mina get startled as Baekhyun's hand rubs her back. What they have right now? She's not sure. They are not friends, they are more than that but she can't call them a couple too. They are somewhere between friends and couple. "Baekhyun..." she whispered, not sure if she's going to asks him or not. "Hm?" He hummed in response as he turns to look at her. "Do you really like me, like for real?" She asked nervously as she stares at his eyes. Baekhyun's face turns red and then he looked away but nodded afterwards. Was he shy or he just can't tell me the truth? As if he reads her mind, he speaks. "I really like you, Mina. I really do." He confessed looking away as his face is now all red. "I don't know what made you ask me that but I want to assure you that I am for real. I am not playing around or what if that's what you think." Her lips slowly curved a smile and then nodded in relief. Baekhyun saw it and smile too. "I don't hate you, Baekhyun. I just want to know you better." She replied. Baekhyun smirked, gaining too much confidence all of a sudden, and then smiled proudly.

 "You'll only fall deeply in love with me after knowing me better. Prepare to be madly in love because there is no turning back once you fall." He warned playfully before giving her a wink. Mina chuckled and then shook her head. "You're an idiot." She stated with a smile, eyes staring at his. "Your idiot, perhaps?" He suggested, smiling cheekily.

 

"I'll see you tomorrow..." He trailed looking at Mina. Mina smiled, a little widely and then nods her head. "Bye~" She bids goodbye and about to close the front door when his hand stops her from doing so. Mina quickly opens the door, afraid that she might hurt him. She looked at his way, questioning him if he still has something to say. Baekhyun looked away and then continuously scratches the back of his head, which she concluded his habit whenever he is shy or nervous. "Uhm... would... y-you mind if... if I, I pickyouuptomorrowbeforeclass?" Mina looked at him confusedly, not able to catch his words and so she asks. "Pardon?" Baekhyun smiles awkwardly and then cleared his throat once again. He looked away and then bit his lip. "I wonder if we... if we could go to school together. I am not forcing you, just... only if you wanted to. You're allowed to say no…" He asked shyly while blushing at the same time. Mina bit her smile away and then nodded. "Okay, sure!" Mina cheered. Baekhyun grinned before looking back at her. "I'll be here around 9 in the morning then." He stated smiling, still feeling all shy. Mina nodded and then waved goodbye for the second time.

 

"I'm sorry. Are you hungry?" Baekhyun asked Soyeon as soon as he took the seat across from her. Soyeon pouted her lips cutely and nodded. Baekhyun chuckled and then reached out to mess her hair. "Ya!" Soyeon whined, slapping his hand away from her. Baekhyun only laughs before calling the waiter for the menu. "My treat! Eat whatever you want." He stated before scanning the menu. "You better be" Soyeon grinned and then scanned the menu, telling the waiter what she wants to eat.

"So, what happened?" Soyeon curiously asked Baekhyun as they waited to their food. Baekhyun looked up to her and then smile. "I still got no proper answer from her but I get to pick her up tomorrow." Soyeon hates herself for asking him. It looks like she's digging her own grave. She is hurting herself by asking him things that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter