Confrontation

Your Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

"Soyeon! Soyeon!" Baekhyun shouted, running to stops Soyeon from walking away. "Hey! What's up?" Baekhyun worriedly asked as he turns her around. Soyeon looked down to his hand that holds her wrist before looking back at him. She faked a smile. "Hey, Baek!" she greeted as if she hasn't ignored him. Baekhyun rolled eyes. "What is up with you?" He asked not letting go of her hand.    Soyeon swallows before smiling bitterly. "Just caught up with school stuff." She answered plainly as she tries to yank her hand back.

 

Baekhyun is not buying it. He knows Soyeon more than anyone else so he knew that Soyeon wouldn't be so caught with school stuff as she is doing it right on time, way far from deadlines. Another thing is, she seems to be avoiding him. It has been a week now that they haven't talked. It grew him worried. Soyeon never acted this way before. She may throws tantrums, but she never avoided him. When she is upset, she always let him know. So what is happening between them is foreign to him.

 

"Tell me, Soyeon! What I have done for you to avoid me like this?" He asked frustrated as his grip tightened. Soyeon winced, informing him that he is hurting her. Soyeon's hand flew to touch his grip, pleading him to let her go and so he does. He let go of her as he stares at her. Soyeon was about to walk away but then he speaks. "Call me!" He said almost shouting. "Call me so we can talk. I will be waiting, So. You can tell me everything that's been bugging you." He said and so then Soyeon walks away leaving Baekhyun behind watching her left.

 

 

"Baekhyun-ah!?" Mina called out Baekhyun for the third time as Baekhyun has been spacing out. Mina sighs before sitting beside him. "Are you okay? Do you want me to leave you alone?" She asked worriedly as she turned to him. Baekhyun smile awkwardly before shaking his head. "No, I'm sorry. It's just that…" Baekhyun paused, hesitating. "It's okay if you don't want to tell me. I am not forcing you!" She said smiling. Baekhyun let out a breath. "Soyeon has been avoiding me and it is bugging me…" he informed her.

 

Mina knows why. Soyeon likes him, she loves Baekhyun. And seeing them dating publicly is hurting her. She understands her, more than anyone else she understands how Soyeon feels. Mina is hurting too. Seeing Baekhyun being bothered by Soyeon is hurting her too. That only means that Soyeon means a lot to him. Of course, they are best friends, but Baekhyun has been out of it for days now. He's bothered, so much that it is already affecting his game.

 

Mina decided to keep their relationship low. If possible, she doesn't want to have Baekhyun all clingy whenever they were in public. It is hurting a lot of people. Soyeon is not the only one who is hurting when they find out that Baekhyun and Mina are dating. Baekhyun is popular, he has lots of admirers. She understands them, she sympathy them. But seeing Baekhyun acting like this bothers her too. It's not that she doesn't like Baekhyun being all affected, but he is practically shutting her off. He is not listening to what she is saying. He is always spacing out and that hurts her.

 

"Have you tried talking to her… no, of course you've done that." Mina said shaking her head. "I'll try to talk to her next time I'll see her." Mina said before standing up. "Meanwhile, I think it is best if I could give you your space. You've been so out of it, Baekhyun." Mina said with a faint smile. Baekhyun quickly stands up and then holds her hand.

 

"No! I'm sorry I'm acting this way. It's just that… this is new to me. She's my best friend and I couldn't afford to see her that way. It bugs me." He explained, looking at her in the eyes. Mina smiles at him before shaking her head. "You need time to think, Baekhyun. I'm fine with it. Don't worry" she said before shaking his hand off her and walks off.

 

Baekhyun ruffled his hair, frustrated. He took his phone and then calls his best friend. "Yeol? Do you want to drink?"

 

***

 

"Soyeon! Wait!" Mina shouted as she runs to her. Soyeon stops from walking and then turned around to face her. "What do you want?" Soyeon asked calmly as she faces her. Mina sighs before she speaks. "We need to talk."

 

Mina looks through the glass wall of the coffee shop before looking in front of her. "I…no, Baekhyun couldn't concentrate because of you Soyeon…" Mina started as she rubs the top of her cup. Soyeon looked back to her and then sighed. "Wake up, Soyeon! You can't ignore him just like that without telling him why!" Mina argued as she looks at her.

Soyeon bit her lip before looking back at her. "Then what do you want me to do? Confess to him even though you two are already dating? If you were in my shoes you'll know why I am doing this. You don't know how I feel!" Soyeon fought back lightly raising her voice. She hates Mina. How dare she? She doesn't understand her so she doesn't have any right to taunt her.

 

"I understand you, Soyeon!" Mina countered.

 

"How? Are you the one who got put aside? Are you the one that is hurting now? You're not! You are living happily, you have Baekhyun! So why bother talking to me huh?" Soyeon said breaking down. Her tears fall down before she looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter