It was Never Wrong in the First Place

Against All Gods

It burns… ouch.

Seohyun opened her eyes and realized that a stream of sunlight shone directly on her face. She raised a hand to cover her eyes, but realized that it would be better if she just sat up to avoid the burning light altogether.

She sat up, and the sheets covering her slid down to reveal her body.

Oh.

And then everything went flooding back to her: Yoona’s lips on her bare skin, her fingers touching her, the pleasure

“Ah, you’re awake!” Yoona stood in the doorway, holding a spatula in one hand and wearing nothing but an oversized shirt.

“Ah y-yes!” Seohyun scrambled for the blankets to cover her ness from Yoona, but Yoona just laughed at her.

“Yah! I already saw everything. More than enough actually, to last me a lifetime.” Seohyun looked aghast, but Yoona just winked at her and called out as she walked away, “I’m preparing breakfast, so get up and come here!”

As Yoona walked away, Seohyun got a glimpse of her girlfriend’s almost peeking from the shirt that she was wearing. She blushed furiously, buried her head in the blankets and stuffed a pillow to .

AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

* * *

[…And then comes the embarrassment, the realization that she had done something she thought she would and could never ever do]

* * *

“Yah, don’t play with your food.” Yoona remarked, giving her a grin while shoving eggs into .

Seohyun snapped out of her reverie and looked at the eggs on her plate, which had now turned to mush from all her absent-minded prodding and poking.

“I—did we really do that last night?”

Yoona looked up from her food and gave her girlfriend a concerned look. She put down her fork, got up from her chair and pulled the one next to Seohyun, positioning herself so that they were face to face. Seohyun bit her lip and bowed her head.

“Seohyun,” Yoona Seohyun’s hair and Seohyun closed her eyes, enjoying the relaxing motion, “can you give me an honest answer?” Seohyun gave a tiny nod and Yoona continued, her voice shaking just a bit, “do you regret what happened last night?”

Seohyun looked up and was shocked to see the scared look in Yoona’s eyes. “No, no, no—I did not regret it. Please don’t think that.” Seohyun took Yoona’s hand that was her hair and clasped it tightly in both of hers, as though to assure her lover that no, she did not regret anything that happened the night before.

“I am just… surprised with everything that happened. I… did not expect myself to be that way last night.” She swallowed and said, her voice almost a whisper, “I did not expect myself t-to enjoy it… that much.”

Yoona looked at her girlfriend and saw that she was blushing furiously. She would have laughed at this sight, if not for the tortured look on Seohyun’s face. “You have to remember that… I grew up thinking that these things were dirty, sinful. An abomination. Immoral. And to experience all that last night and to actually enjoy it…” 

Yoona pulled Seohyun close and placed her hands on Seohyun’s flushed cheeks. It might be a laughing matter for some or a trivial problem even, but Yoona grew up with Seohyun and knew how much the other girl held on to her convictions and beliefs. She practically spent almost all her life thinking that people like Yoona were basically sinners who had no chance at salvation, and now here she was: not only was she with a sinner, but by her past standards she is now a sinner herself.

Yoona had no idea how to assure her girlfriend, but somehow she had to. “Seohyun, listen to me.”

“To love is not a sin. I love you, and you love me, and… part of that is learning how to express it to each other. Physically.” Yoona took a deep breath and continued, “It probably is the most tangible, most intimate way of expressing love for someone. And I want you to feel how much I love you. Words aren’t enough to express, so I want to let my touches… compensate.”

She placed her lips on Seohyun’s forehead and let it linger there for some time. When she broke the kiss and looked at Seohyun, she saw that her girlfriend had her eyes closed.

“Does that feel wrong, Seohyun?”

Seohyun bit her lip and earnestly shook her head.

Yoona then leaned in closer and gave her a peck on the lips.

“There. Does that feel wrong?”

Another shake of the head.

She leaned in again and this time, gave Seohyun a deeper, lingering kiss. Seohyun responded almost immediately and their lips started to move in concert, biting and and savoring the taste of each other’s tongues. When they broke apart, Seohyun was flushed and panting.

“If it feels so beautiful, there’s no way that it could be wrong, could it?”

It took a few seconds for Yoona to realize that it was Seohyun who spoke up. She looked at her girlfriend and saw that she looked hopeful, like she had just found the missing piece to a puzzle she had long wanted to complete.

“If this is wrong as some people say, how can it also feel so right?”

Yoona brushed away a stray hair from her lover’s face and said, “Because it was never wrong in the first place, my love. Loving someone has never been wrong.”

 

* * *

Having spent almost the entire past day in bed, Seohyun felt somewhat lethargic for being in bed for more than 24 hours. Not that I mind, thought Seohyun, as she looked at the face of her sleeping lover, whose arms and legs were wrapped around her like a huge teddy bear.

Wait—I didn’t mind?? What’s happening to me? Seohyun had to admit that Yoona was a very smooth talker, being able to convince her—a girl so upright she won’t let go of her convictions even on pain of death—to actually let go and let her heart rule over her head. Yes, she has a silver tongue alright...and her thoughts ran wild as she suddenly remembered Yoona’s tongue all over her…

Seohyun had to suppress a laugh so as to avoid waking Yoona up. You byuntae, Seo Juhyun! Stop all these thoughts!

She shook her head as if to rid herself of these thoughts and reached for her cellphone on the bedside table.  She saw the date and time, and she gave a start.

August 17, 9:00 AM.

Seohyun was already thinking that this would probably be the first time that she would swear when she heard the door open and a luggage being pulled in the front door. She bolted up and started shaking Yoona awake—

“Seohyun, dear, Mom’s here!”

Yoona sat up and looked puzzled at Seohyun’s panicked expression when suddenly the door to Seohyun’s room opened.

“Oh my god.” 

 

* * *

To the one or two people who are still interested in this story, I would like to extend my deepest thanks for reading this chapter, and apologies for disappearing for such a long time. T_T I suffered from a terribly long case of writer's block, mainly from writing tons of technical reports at work. I guess you could say that my creative juices all dried up after writing those monotonous reports. O_O 

Anyhow, I've been reading the comments and it's actually the main reason why I was able to get back up and gather whatever creative fibre I have left in my being to write this chapter. :P Thank you, thank you for all your comments! They truly are what inspires me to write more and to see this story through. And of course, I have to resolve this mess that I started with Yoona and Seohyun. Hahaha xD

To all the readers left, please leave comments. They really help me A LOT. And of course, thank you so much for all the wonderful comments and (again) for sticking with my story! You guys are truly heroes. *throws heart confetti*