lesson 9:~The handycape runner

Miyazawa Sunsengnim & Yoona Sensei

   It is Monday again. It is only 6 am in the morning. Many students and teachers haven't arrived yet. It was very quiet morning. But this time...Miyazawa had arrived earlier than anyone else. This time...Miyazawa dress-up like a guy again. She wears a long sleeves white shirt and a pair of blue long jeans. Miyazawa just look like a handsome male teacher.

   Some of the female students who arrived earlier... who saw Miyazawa began to scream again loudly...

Female student A:~"It..it...it's the male version of Miyazawa sunsengnim!"

Female student B:~"She is just so.........handsome and y...i think i'm in love..."

   Suddenly...a bunch of female students just ran towards Miyazawa and gave her chocolates and other Korean sweet desserts. 

Miyazawa:~"Thank you! All of you look so cute today. Please study hard...ok? Don't give up..."

   Miyazawa then went to Yoona's workshop. But..because it was still very early...Yoona and all the japanese students have not arrived yet. So..Miyazawa decided to walk slowly to class 4D by herself.

   As Miyazawa was on her way to class 4D...She saw a girl who was sitting under one of the tree in the college's beautiful garden. Miyazawa recognized the girl. She is also one of the student of class 4D. She is the most quiet girl in the class. She is...Bae Suzy(Miss A). Suzy looked sad and she is holding a piece of paper. 

   At that time...Miyazawa really want to go and talk to Suzy. But...Miyazawa still know that the remaining students in class 4D still don't like her at all. So..Miyazawa just continue to walk to the class. 

   As Miyazawa was on her way to class 4D...Suzy suddenly hits her own legs very hard and started to cry.

   Miyazawa who saw Suzy who suddenly hurting her legs..quickly rush towards Suzy and try to stop her from hitting her own legs hardly.

Miyazawa:~"Suzy! Stop it! What are doing!"

   But...Suzy who was stop by Miyazawa still continue to try to hit her own legs and cry.

Miyazawa:~"Suzy! Please stop! Please don't hurt yourself!"

   Suddenly...Suzy stop. When Suzy saw that the person who stop her is Miyazawa....Suzy quickly pushed Miyazawa away.

Miyazawa:~"Go away! Don't touch me!"

   Suzy then continue to cry again. At that time....it was still very early. So..there is no one yet. Miyazawa who didn't say anything just accompany Suzy. 

   After Suzy had stop crying...she began to get up and started to walk slowly to the class. When Suzy was on her way walking to class 4D...Miyazawa realized that the way Suzy walked was different compare to other people. 

   Actually...Suzy was born a handicaped. Suzy's left foot is shorter than her right foot a lot. When Suzy was small...people always and called by many horrible names. Sometimes..she will cry alone in her room.

   Suzy is a clever girl. She is one of the top then student in entire Korea. But...all this time...Suzy true wish is become a marathon runner. Suzy likes to see marathon competition in her tv. She really wish that one day..she really can participate in a marathon event. But.....all the people in her life including her own parents always told that it is imposible for her to run. Because she believed what all people had said....Suzy had began to feel dispair and sad...and her dream and wish die with it together.

   Miyazawa who was still sitting under the tree saw the paper Suzy had left behind. Miyazawa then took the paper and look at it. That piece of paper was saying:~"SEOUL HYUNJUK COLLEGE MARATHON COMPETITION FOR ALL COLLEGE'S STUDENTS. 13 of FEBRUARY. JOIN THE MARATHON."

   Miyazawa knew that Suzy really wish she could join the marathon competition..but because she is born handicaped....she couldn't. Miyazawa started to pity Suzy.

   It is almost 9am. All the students of class 4D had arrived. So...Miyazawa decided to go to class 4D. When Miyazawa was half way to the class....Gdragon,Yong Hwa and Seoulhyun then join Miyazawa and all of them went to class 4D together.

Seoulhyun:~"Wah......! Miyazawa sunsengnim look so handsome today!(Seoulhyun then hold Miyazawa's hand like a girlfriend holding her boyfriend's hand). Today...you're mine alone. Beisdes..you can protect me from Gdragon. Look at him. He is so weird. He just got a doremon earings...ha..ha...ha..."

Gdragon:~"What did you just say!!!!"

   When Miyazawa, Seoulhyun, Gdragon and Yong Hwa went into the class...four of them suddenly noticed that all the students in class 4D were all standing up. All of them just look at Miyazawa, Seoulhyun, Gdragon and Yong Hwa seriously.

   Suddenly...Min Ho who was still standing besides his girlfriend...Soo Young..began to tell  Miyazawa..

Minho:~"You really don't give up...do you? Well...in that case..i think......all of us students of class 4D must stop coming to this college anymore..."

   Miyazawa, Seoulhyun, Gdragon and Yong Hwa were shocked because of what Min Ho just said. 

Gdragon:~"Wh...what?!!! Are you serious?! Are you out of your mind?!"

Yong Hwa:~"Min Ho...listen. You have to trust me. Last time i also think the same. Last time..i also think that Miyazawa sunsengnim is also the same as other people who never care for us. But...i was totally WRONG!!!! Miyazawa sunsengnim is a teacher who really care for her students."

Seoulhyun:~"What Yong Hwa said is true. Last time..i also think like that. But...i was totally wrong also. Miyazawa sunsengnim is different."

   But...because of the stubborn and pride heart Min Ho still possesed strongly...he didn't want to believe what Seoulhyun and Yong Hwa just said. 

   Min Ho then told all the students in class 4D..

Minho:~"Everyone....let us all just do our homework at our own home..."

   All the students began to leave the class. The last one who is left that the class were Min Ho and......Soo young. Min Ho and Soo young then started to walk slowly out of the classroom. As Min Ho and Soo Young were passing by Miyazawa, Seoulhyun, Yong Hwa and Gdragon....Min Ho then stand in front of Miyazawa closely again and whisper in Miyazawa's ear..

Min Ho:~"You...will....never...be..my...teacher.....N..E..V..E..R.."

   After that..Min Ho and Soo Young walk out of the classroom. Miyazawa was so sad at that time. Miyazawa really wanted to cry...but...she just holds it...

Miyazawa:~"I thought i could be a good teacher...but..i..had...really...failed.."

   Gdragon, Yong Hwa and Seoulhyun feel pity for Miyazawa. 

Seoulhyun:~"Miyazawa susengnim...you didn't failed. Look! You still got us. You had give us hope and you always make us realize that life is wonderful no matter how many troubles we have to face. You are the one who teach us never to lose hope no matter what...remember? Miyazawa sunsengnim...you are the one who makes Yong Hwa, Gdragon and my life alive again...."

Yong Hwa:~"Miyazawa susengnim...don't give up!"

Gdragon:~"Yeah...never give up. We believe you can do it..... and you want to know why?"

Miyazawa:~"W...why...?"

Gdragon:~"Because you are Miyazawa sunsengnim...."

   Miyazawa then feel alive and full of hope again. 

Miyazawa:~"Yeah..you are right. I must not give up no matter what! I will still be their teacher and care for them no matter what! Forgive me....i'm so sorry."

   When Seoulhyun, Yong Hwa and Gdragon saw that Miyazawa had just come back to life...the three of them just felt very happy.

Gdragon:~"Now that's our Miyazawa sunsengnim!"

   Miyazawa then laught...

Miyazawa:~"Even thought all of them had left..but..i still can teach the three of you. Come! Let our class begin! Are you ready....?"

Seoulhyun,Yong Hwa and Gdragon happily and proudly said:~"Yes. We are ready...Sunsengnim....ha..ha..ha..."

   Miyazawa had finally started teaching. Even thought there were only 3 students..but..Miyazawa still teach them passionately. Sometimes..Yoona and all the japanese students will go to class 4D and joined them. And sometimes...Miyazawa will ask Kim Woo Bin to joined them because Miyazawa had promised to teach Woo Bin about japanese arts. 

   Because Woo Bin is not a college student...so...Yoona decided to asked permission from Jaesuk the principal to allow Woo Bin to study in the college by lying to Jaesuk the principal that it is a request from her legendary gangster parents. Jaesuk the principal who always respect Yoona's parents finally agree to let Woo Bin to study at Miyazawa's japanese arts class. Class 4D now is always full of fun and joy.

   Woo Bin who really likes Miyazawa...always pay attention to Miyazawa's teaching. He is the most concentrate student in Miyazawa's class. Yoona and Seoulhyun who knows that Woo Bin really likes Miyazawa always teased both of them.

Yoona:~"Oh my.....Woo Bin is so concentrate. I..just..don't..know..why.. Do you know why...Seoulhyun?"

Seoulhyun:~"Emm..not really. But..i heard once said that love always makes a person concentrate..he..he..he..he.."

 

   A week had gone by. Miyazawa had teach happily. But..Miyazawa still never give up on all the 4D true students. Miyazawa had arrived in front of a house. It was Suzy's house. Miyazawa try to push the bell door but there was no one answering. Suzy's parents had went to Busan..so Suzy is alone in the house with her two nanny. So...Miyazawa decided to walk around the house. 

   Miyazawa then suddenly saw Suzy who was looking out from her bedroom. Suzy was looking very sad and lonely. Miyazawa then try to call Suzy..

Miyazawa:~"Suzy....Hi....How..are...you?"

   Suzy who saw Miyazawa was very surprised...

Suzy:~"Wh...what are you doing here?"

Miyazawa:~"Our college marathon competition is two weeks from now. Do you want to try?"

Suzy:~"I...i..i...don't know what you are talking about! Go away!"

Miyazawa:~"Suzy....i'm willing to help you if you want..."

   Suzy at that time went into her bathroom, took out a bucket full of water and throw all the water at Miyazawa...and...Miyazawa just got all wet.

Miyazawa:~"Ok..i'll come tomorrow."

   After Miyazawa had finished teaching...Miyazawa went to Suzy's house again the next day. Suzy who was still looking at the sky throught her bedroom window.

Miyazawa:~"Hi....Suzy. We meet again."

Suzy:~"It's you again. Go away... Leave me alone!"

   This time..Suzy released her fierce dog to bite Miyazawa.

Suzy:~"Lulu....go!"

   But..much to Miyazawa suprised...it was a cute little puppy. When Suzy's little puppy saw Miyazawa...it just started to Miyazawa feet to show that it likes Miyazawa. Suzy then said to herself..

Suzy:~"That's strange..lulu never likes anyone accept me."

   Suzy then went out of the house to meet Miyazawa. 

Suzy:~"What do you want actually?"

   Miyazawa then gave Suzy the College marathon competition's participation paper which she left under the tree.

Miyazawa:~"I'm willing to help you...if you want to participate.."

   At first..Suzy did not believe that Miyazawa is sincere to help her. So....

Suzy:~"If you really are sincere  to help me. Prove it by standing at that tree over there until tomorrow morning!"

Miyazawa:~"Ok. No problem. I will see you tomorrow morning."

   Suzy was suprised to see that Miyazawa really went to stand at the tree until tomorrow morning.

   It is morning already and Suzy try to look at Miyazawa. Suzy thought that for sure Miyazawa had left already. But...much to her suprised...Miyazawa was still standing under the tree....hugging the tree because Miyazawa was feeling very hungry, sleepy and tired. Suzy then went towards Miyazawa.

Suzy:~"Why are you so stupid?! Why you really go and stand in this tree?!"

   Miyazawa who was standing all night......

Miyazawa:~"Because you are my student. And i really want to make my student's dream comes true. And it is also because i really want to help and care for my student.."

   Suzy then suddenly cried..

Suzy:~"But i...CAN'T!!! LOOK AT ME!!! I..CAN'T...Besides..all people including my parents say i can't run....."

   Miyazawa then hold Suzy's both hands gently and said...

Miyazawa:~"Who says you can't?!!! Don't listen to them. Always listen to your true heart.."

Suzy:~"But...but...how am i gonna do it?"

Miyazawa:~"Don't worry. I will help you. I believe in you...Suzy."

   Suzy just cannot believe what Miyazawa had just said. She then hug Miyazawa and continue to cry...

Suzy:~"Miyazawa Sunsengnim.........."

Miyazawa:~"Don't worry. You can count on me.."

   Miyazawa and Suzy had began the training. Everyday after teaching...Miyazawa will went to Suzy's house and trained Suzy little by little...step by step. Althought sometimes Suzy will fall down..but Miyazawa is there to help her get back up. Suzy was feeling very happy. Suzy looks like she had finally found her hope.

   One evening.... Miyazawa had told them about Suzy and she had invited Yoona and all the others to come and help Suzy. When all of them had arrived at Suzy's house..

Miyazawa:~"Ok. Finally we are..........wait! Yoona...how come you know the location of Suzy's house?"

Suzy:~"Yoona...you had come too. I'm so happy. Oh yah...you forgot to finish your kimchi cookies last week. There is still many left for everyone."

Yoona:~"Oh yeah...i forgot to finish it. But..it is so delicious."

   Miyazawa then started to look puzzled..

Miyazawa:~"Do...both of you know each others?"

Suzy:~"Yeah..Yoona and i were classmates before. She is also my old friend. She will always come here once a week. Yoona always told me what an awesome teacher you are. But..i never believe at Yoona first.(Suzy then went and hug Miyazawa) But...now i believe."

Miyazawa:~"How come i never know about this? Mafia girl!!!!! How come you never told me?!!!"

   Yoona then smilled at Miyazawa and said..

Yoona:~"You never ask....."

Miyazawa:~"I'm gonna kill you...mafia girl..."

   When Kouta saw Suzy...he began to lose control again..and he began to run towards her...

Kouta:~"Oh...you poor thing. Don't worry. I will protect you from all this dangerous guys...."

   As usual..he is stop by all his friends..

Shunya:~"Actually you are the one who is the most dangerous.."

   Suzy just laught...

   All of them started to help Miyazawa to train Suzy. Some help to encourage her....and all of them just have a wonderful evening.

Masahino:~"Suzy..you can do it!"

Yong Hwa:~"Suzy..hang on!"

Seoulhyun:~"Suzy..one more!"

   After the training...all of them just sit outside Suzy's house and enjoy the cold refreshing orange juice and kimchi cookies Suzy had prepare for them. During that time...Yoona asked Suzy..

Yoona:~"Does he still come...?"

Suzy:~"Yeah..he still come. Even thought he had changed..but he still care for me. Don't forget..he is still my cousin."

   Suddenly...there was a sports car heading towards Suzy's house. It is the latest model of a very expensive sports cars. Step out of the car is Suzy's cousin....the leader of class 4D....Lee Min Ho..together with his girlfriend...Choi Soo Young.

   Min Ho was very suprised to saw that Suzy was hanging out with Miyazawa. Min Ho then walk slowly towards them. Min Ho then asked Suzy..

Minho:~"Why is she at your house?"

Suzy:~"Miyazawa sunsengnim is the one who always helping me to get me ready to participate in our college marathon competition."

   At that time...Min Ho had began to become angry. He then walk towards Miyazawa and stand in front of her as always. Min Ho then look at Miyazawa angrily and said..

Min Ho:~"Get out from my cousin's house. I don't want my house to be dirtied by....a dirty jappanese girl like you!"

   All the people there were shocked when all of them heard what Min Ho just say to Miyazawa. But..Miyazawa did not dare to look at Min Ho.

Miyazawa:~"I'm ..sorry. I will leave..."

   Suzy quickly rush towards Miyazawa and hold her hand tightly..

Suzy:~"NO! Please don't leave. I don't want you to leave."

   Suddenly...Jun get up and stand in front of Min Ho. Jun(japanese Boys Over Flowers) and Min Ho(Korean Boys Over Flowers) were standing face to face.

Jun:~"Japanese girl are not.....dirty."

   Yoona who saw that two of them were about to fight...quickly went to comfort Jun.

Jun:~"Jun....it's ok. Just let him be."

   Min Ho who still face to face with Jun suddenly punched Jun...and..both of them started to fight. All the others quickly went and stop them from fighting. All the japanese students stops Jun. Woo Bin,Yong Hwa and Gdragon stops Min Ho. Finally...the fight was finally stopped. 

   Woo Bin who was still holding Min Ho....let Min Ho go and asked Min Ho...

Woo Bin:~"What had happened to you..my brother?!! You had changed. You are not the Min Ho i used to know."

   At that time...Woo Bin looked at Soo Young angrily...and asked Soo Young....

Woo Bin:~"What had you done to Min Ho?!!!"

   Soo Young at that time just smiled wickedly at Woo Bin. She then called Min Ho..

Sooyoung:~"Dear....don't waste your time and energy on these bunch of useless people. Come...my daddy is waiting for us for dinner."

   Min Ho then wipe the blood from his lips and began to walk towards Soo Young. Two of them get into Min Ho's sports cars and left.

   All of them were having their dinner at Suzy's house. After dinner...Yoona, Suzy and Woo Bin started to tell everyone about Min Ho.

Woo Bin:~"Actually....Min Ho, Suzy, Yoona, Jong suk and i all were best friends once. Indeed...Min Ho had already hates japanese girl from the start because for Min Ho....japanese girls always like to wear bikini. But...he used to be a caring person. He is a happy go lucky guy. He always buy foods for us. He always encourage us. He always gives us hope."

   Woo Bin then look at Miyazawa..

Woo Bin:~"Min Ho was exactly like you...Miyazawa Sae. When i see you...i see the true Min Ho who we used to know."

   Miyazawa was silent and didn't say a word....

Woo Bin:~"If i'm not mistaken....that girl is the cause. She is the one who changed Min Ho completely.."

Sota:~"The girl just now who have short hair like Miyazawa sensei....?"

Yoona:~"Yes..."

Masahino:~"Who is she...?"

   Yoona then told all of them...

Yoona:~"Soo Young is the daughter of a very wealthy family. Soo Young's parents owns all the hotel industries in entire Korea. Since small...she will get everything she wants. Soo Young is a very smart girl...yet cunning and sly. All of the family members of Soo Young are heartless bussinessman who only wants profits and nothing else. But...althought Soo Young's parents are very rich and influential..they will never going to be brave enought to mess with my gangster family because they know my family will definitely fight back."

Woo Bin:~"But...Soo Young will do anything to get what she wants."

Gdragon:~"If it is true. We must warn Min Ho."

Woo Bin:~"It is useless. I had warn Min Ho many times but he just don't want to believe. It is because Soo Young always becomes a innocent angel in front of Min Ho. That girl is master in disguise. She knows exactly when to put on a different masks in front of Min Ho. Min Ho had been deceived. Choi Soo Young really is a very scary and creepy girl."

   Miyazawa then look at Yoona and ask her...

Yoona:~"Mafia girl...why you never told me about Min Ho when you know that i'm going to become class 4D's teacher?"

   Yoona then look at Miyazawa gently and answered...

Yoona:~"It is because there is no need for me to tell you because i know when the moment i saw you...i believe that you will be the one who can change all their life....including Min Ho."

   Miyazawa who heard what Yoona just said...just lower her head humbly...

Woo Bin:~"Miyazawa......i believe in you also."

   Then..Suzy, Seoulhyun, Gdragon, Yong Hwa and all the japanese students believe in Miyazawa also:~"All of us believe too.."

   Miyazawa continue to train Suzy everyday after class. Sometimes...Yoona and the others will still come to help and cheer for Suzy. 

   Today is finally the college marathon competition. Many college students had participated. It is about to start. Suzy, Miyazawa, Yoona and all the others had arrived. Miyazawa then look at Suzy happily and said..

Miyazawa:~"It is doesn't matter whether win or lose..because for me..you..had..just..won. Because you had finally able to participate in the marathon. This will be your first marathon..but never the last. You will participate in any marathon from now on. So..let's just enjoy the run..ok?"

   Suzy didn't say anything. She just hug Miyazawa very tighly.

Suzy:~"Thank you....Miyazawa sunsengnim."

   Yoona and the others..

Yoona:~"Suzy. Enjoy the run."

Woo Bin:~"You can do it."

Masaki:~"Enjoy the run.."

Seoulhyun:~"We all are here to support you."

   Jaesuk the principal then began to used his most favourite silver fancy microphone to start the race

Jaesuk:~"Are you all ready? Get set......GO!!!!!"

   The marathon had started. Suzy had finally began to run.

Miyazawa:~"Suzy....enjoy the run. We will all be here waiting for your return."

   An hour had passed by...all of the contestants has return. But...Suzy is not returning.

Shu:~"Suzy had not yet return. I'm afraid something bad might happened to her."

Miyazawa:~"I believe Suzy will make it to the finish line."

   Suddenly...Suzy had appear.

Miyazawa:~"It's Suzy. BAE SUZY!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! DON'T GIVE UP!!!!"

   All of them started to cheer for Suzy. 

Yoona:~"SUZY!!!!"

Seoulhyun:~"SUZY...!!!!

Gdragon:~"SUZY!!!!"

Masahino:~"YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!

Kouta:~"SUZY...!!!!

   Min Ho suddenly appeared. He started to cheer for Suzy also..

Minho:~"SUZY..DON'T GIVE UP!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!"

   Suzy is trying her best. She looks very tired...but happy. Miyazawa, Yoona, Woo Bin and all the others quickly took out the finishing line rope which all of them made especially for Suzy. Woo Bin and Sota then stretch the rope for Suzy.

Miyazawa:~"SUZY...9 MORE STEPS! 8 MORE! 7 MORE! 6 MORE! 5 MORE! 4 MORE! 3 MORE! 2 MORE! 1 MORE!"

   Finally..Suzy had crossed the finishing line...resting in Miyazawa's hugs. Suzy had successfully finish the race.

Miyazawa:~"You did it! Suzy! You finally did it!

   Suzy who started to cry..

Suzy:~"Miyazawa sunsengnim...i..i..did..it! I...can't believe i really..did..it"

   All of them feel very happy for Suzy. Yoona and Woo Bin then come close to Suzy who was still at Miyazawa's hug.

Yoona:~"Forgive us....Suzy...for always told you to never run. Forgive us for not believing in you."

Woo Bin:~"Me too. I'm so sorry."

Suzy:~"That's ok. I know the reason all of you don't want me to run is because all of you were scared that i will get hurt. I know all of you are always caring for me until now....Thank you."

   Suddenly..Min Ho came to Suzy. He is happy too when Suzy just finish the race.

Min Ho:~"I'm so proud of you. You had done well."

Suzy:~"I can do it because of Miyazawa sunsengnim."

   Suzy then hold Min Ho her cousin's hand and told him..

Suzy:~"My cousin Min Ho...you always believe everything i said..and it is because you always said that everything i say is always the truth. My cousin....Miyazawa sunsengnim is really different. She really care for us.... and i know you can feel it in your heart also."

   Actually Min Ho also began to knew inside his heart that Miyazawa is different. Besides that..everytimes he saw Miyazawa..he saw his old self who is also likes to help and care for people. Min Ho then got up and leave.

   Suzy who is still on Miyazawa's hug...

Suzy:~"Miyazawa sunsengnim...Thank you very much....You are so special..."