CHAPTER 18

marriage 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 18

 

the singles: shall we?

 

Dara came to Chaerin’s house to talked about the baby shower, Chae called her the day before, she decided to make up with Dara and asked her to come in. actually she and Jiyong had a plan to setup a meeting between Dara and Youngbae at their house. Jiyong come later brings Youngbae with him.

 

"You broke up with Bae, arent you?" Chaerin asked after Dara showed her some concept for the baby shower.

“What the heck, Chae, lets talk about work.” She said.

“I think we’re done, I already choose a theme, the variance of food, what else? Now I want to talk to you as a friend.”

Dara sighed. “What?”

“Why? Youngbae is a nice guy.”

"I know, but he offered me that option. He couldn't stand me. He hates me, Chae."

"He hates you?? But he said you were the one who broke up with him."

"We were arguing, i feel sad because of his fans and all he did was blaming me for listening of what people said. I’m insecure chae, i want him to comfort me.. But whenever he's around I feel more nervous about our relationship."

"Don’t you trust him?"

"I can't trust him fully, Chae..."

“But why? I don’t think he’s a cheater or someone who would two timing you, did he??” Chaerin feel a little bit mad because she’s ready to kill him if he cheat on Dara.

Dara shook her head. "I like him, Chae, a lot... i want him to think about me only."

"Doesn't he do that?"

Dara hesitated for a while. “I don’t know…”

"Then stop this insecure feeling, Dara..." Chaerin said. “Are you insecure because you think he’s on his fans’ side? A fans is just a fans, honey, they shouldn’t make you feel this way, you’re just overthinking about it.”

"Its not them, Chae, his fans was only one of the excuse I made, actually I feel insecure because... because of you."

"Me??"

Dara nodded.

“But why me?”

"When he said he likes me and want to go out with me, l'm so happy because i had my eyes on him, but i can't help but doubting him because... because... the first time me and Youngbae became friends is the day he told me he had a feeling for you, Chaerin."

Chaerin gasped but what surprised her the most is because she and Dara didn't realize that Jiyong already there with Youngbae.

 

“What kind of feeling you have for my wife, huh?” Jiyong turn to Youngbae.

Youngbae didn’t answer, yet he looked at Dara with a very disappointed look.

“Why i'm not surprise..." Jiyong looking at him.

Youngbae took a deep breath. “I had. I don’t have it anymore now.”

“Ji…” Chaerin came to him and try to calm him down but he avoided her.

"Is this why you were so concern about her and the baby?" Jiyong asked.

"No, Ji, i've told you i'd choose this friendship over any girl. Even Chaerin."

“If you like her even before she’s pregnant with me, why don’t you go over her?”

“Because I knew you got this feeling for her too, even if you never admit it. I knew you like her since the first time you knew her.”

Jiyong felt his heart pound. Youngbae was true, he had his eyes on Chaerin since the first time Youngbae introduce them, but since he always state that he hates a party girl, he never admit his feeling.

“If you knew I like her while you like her too, why you let me win?” he asked again.

“Because I also knew that Chaerin likes you too.” Youngbae said. “It was written clearly in your face even if both of you always deny it.”

Jiyong and Chaerin didn’t say anything.

“I gave my feelings up right away, because as I told you so many times, Ji, I’d choose our friendship over any woman. And we knew each other long enough for you to trust me.” Youngbae walked towards the door.

Youngbae stops for a while and turn to Dara. “And Dara, thanks for making it worse.”

Then he left.

 

_________

 

Jiyong put his cellphone down and sat beside Chaerin. It’s the nth time he tried to reach Youngbae. He didn’t pick any single call from Jiyong.

“I feel bad for him.” He said.

Chaerin rubbed his back, she couldn’t say anything because her plan to make Dara and Youngbae make up their relationship turned into a disaster. After Youngbae left with disappointment, Dara also left with tears.

“I feel sorry for, Dara.” She said. “I know its hard to for her to quit doubting Youngbae, even if now he doesn’t have feelings for me anymore.”

Jiyong nodded.

“I’d do the same if I were her.” she said.

“Have you call Dara?” Jiyong asked.

She nodded, “I did, and she was answering with this fake happy voice, she said ‘its alright, Chaerinie, its not your fault! And don’t forget to meet me in two days so I can show you the menu for the baby shower..’.”

Both of them sighed.

“We’re so selfish, don’t you think so?” Jiyong said.

Chaerin hugged him. “And I’d be so selfish for saying this.”

“What is it?”

“I was quiet happy when you look so jealous finding out Youngbae had a feeling for me.” she smiled.

“Ya! Chaerin! How can you be happy over someone’s sadness like this!”

“I’m concern about them too! I will find a way to fix their relationship.”

“Alright, alright..”

 

__________

 

Several days later. Dara didn’t know how many time she already dialed Youngbae’s number. He didn’t pick up all her calls and didn’t reply any message. Dara dialed his number once again but he didn’t pick up, so Dara left him another voice message.

“I want to see you…” she said.

“When?” suddenly Youngbae answer the phone.

She gasped.

“When?” he asked again.

“N-now?”

 

They met in Dara’s office, in her basement parking lot. Youngbae get into her car.

“I’m sorry.” She said.

“Hmm.”

“I didn’t mean for Jiyong to hear it.”

“Do you think its okay for Chaerin to know it?” he asked.

She slowly shook her head. “But she needs to know the real reason why I can’t trust you.”

“But I told you I’m done with my feelings for her.”

“You never told me that. Suddenly you just came to me and asked me to date you.”

“Then why you agree? I think your only problem is just because I’m an idol and you hate idol.”

“That’s my first problem.”

“Oh God, how many problems that you have??”

“Listen, and when I decided to started open my heart for you, I can’t help but thinking about your feeling for Chaerin. Why you suddenly asked me out? Do I just become your rebound girl to forget Chaerin? And all that kind of thoughts keep coming to my head. But I don’t know how to tell you this because…”

“That’s so silly, Dara.”

“See?? Exactly! Because you will think I’m silly, like what you just said.”

Youngbae looking at her. “But I said that I like you, you’re the one who never say it.”

“Because I’m afraid.”

“Of?”

“Of my own feeling. I like you but its really complicated. Even if already said that you like me, I don’t know why I feel like my feelings for you is one sided.”

“What??”

“Honestly, I never think you like me for real. I don’t know what’s this relationship means to you.”

“Wait… I thought you’re the one who never take this relationship seriously, seems like you always looking for some reason to broke up with me.”

“Its not like that, Bae, I became annoying b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter