PEACH ROSES

Forget Me Not

PEACH ROSES ~ represents gratitude and appreciation

Authors POV

A few days later, Sehun woke up to the sunlight beaming through the curtains of his hospital room. He slowly sat up and looked around to check if his parents or Kai had come to visit him or stayed the night only to notice a small figure with fluffy blonde hair curled up on the couch, facing away from him and sound asleep. He tried to recall if he had known anyone with such stature but whenever he went digging around in his memory, his head would begin to throb in pain so he decided it'd be best to stop.

He cleared his throat loudly a few times in hopes of catching the attention of the sleeping boy to no avail. He instead decided to get up and get a better look at the person's face, hoping it would jog his memory as to who it was. Sehun leaned over a bit and noticed the boys plump lips and long eye lashes that rest ever so gracefully on ivory skin, which lead him to believe that he may have died and gone to heaven to see such a beautiful creature.

The boy slowly opened his eyes due to sensing a nearby aura of someone watching him, and once he realized who was staring down at him he jumped up and hugged him as tightly as he could while exclaiming,

"Sehun! I'm so glad you're okay!"

Sehun was bewildred for a moment at the reaction of the boy before realizing that it was in fact, his best friend Luhan. 

"Lu!?" he replied in confusion, "You look so different, I didn't recognize you! When did you dye your hair blonde?" 

Luhan was still holding on tightly to Sehun, refusing to pull away and let him see that tears were b in his eyes.

"A couple months ago, after summer was over I decided I needed a change I guess," he replied before moving onto more important questions "How are you feeling?"

Sehun squeezed Luhan lightly in his arms and replied "I'm doing okay, they said I could leave today if I wanted. They ran all of the tests they needed to so now I guess I'm healthy enough to leave."

Luhan finally gained the courage to pull away and inquired further about the thing he was most worried about, "And your memory, what do you remember?" 

Luhan was worried that Sehun would recall all of the nasty things Luhan had done to him; how he had chosen popularity over his best friend, how he ignored him and treated him like trash for months on end, and worst of all how he had caused this whole mess himself.

"I don't remember much but they said I will gain it back day by day or something along those lines. Apparently I hit my head so hard on the side of the car door that it knocked a couple months of memory out of my head," he chuckled lightly.

Luhan looked at his former best friend, who despite being put in the worst situation, was still trying to make light of the problems he was to face in the upcoming weeks. He couldn't believe how terrible of a person he had become to leave behind a gem like Sehun whom had cared for him so deeply. He looked deep into Sehun's eyes and decided that from this day forward, he would be the best thing that happened to Sehun. He would give him everything he possibly could and try to make up for being the worst possible friend to someone who would sacrifice so much for him.

He was determined to make it up to him for as long as he could before Sehun would remember.

Before he would know what Luhan had done to him.

Kai's POV

I picked Sehun up from the hospital in the evening, the doctor had run all the tests he needed before considering him healthy enough to return home. I walked in his hospital room to see Sehun sitting on the side of his bed, a small bag of a few of his belongings that I had brought him earlier lay by his feet on the floor.

"You ready to finally go home?

Sehun looked up and smiled, a smile I had missed quite badly these past few weeks, before he responded with an enthusiastic "Yes please, get me out of here."

I laughed and offered to carry his bag for him on the way out but he refused. As he walked in front of me I noticed how much skinnier he had gotten due to laying in the hospital bed all this time.

"We need to get you working out again kid, you look like a stick." I said as I placed my arm gently over his frail looking shoulder.

Sehun looked annoyed for a moment before replying with a snide "Don't you think I know that? I look like I haven't eaten in years."

I smiled and we continued to banter back and forth until we got down to the parking garage and got into my car, finally driving away from the place that gave us such sad memories.

When we finally got back to his house, Sehun stayed seated in his spot and reached a shaky hand towards the car door. I noticed how nervous he was, it was going to be difficult for him to go back to everything; having to explain to everyone at school why he was gone for so long, having his mother doting on him more than the usual amount, his father trying to fatten him up due to him looking as if he could break at any second.

I placed a hand on his head and ruffled his hair a bit so I could get a rise out of him, hoping it would distract him from what lie ahead of him. Even for just a moment.

"You coming in?" he asked hopefully.

"I think your parents wanted to spend some quality time with you, besides I'm pretty exhausted from work today."

Sehun nodded in understand and looked out the window for a brief moment.

"It's gonna be okay, you have me by your side and I'll be here for you every step of the way until we can get thing back to normal again," I attempted to reassure him but I could tell everything I said was going into one ear and out the other.

Sehun nodded before opening the door and stepping out of the car, he leaned over and said "Thank you. For everything."

I smiled back, he waved goodbye and I watched as he stepped inside his house, his mother basically tackling him at the door with a bear hug that was long awaited.

After all was said and done, I drove back to my house which was practically less than 10 feet away from theirs. It had been a mentally draining day and all I wanted to do was relax on the couch while watching my favorite show. Just as I had crashed on the couch and turned the TV on, I got a call from my other favorite person.

"Hey Soo," I answered the phone with a huge smile on my face as per usual.

"Hey Jongin, did Sehun get home safe?" he asked.

"Yeah, I just dropped him off less than 3 minutes ago. I got home safe too by the way thank you for asking." 

He chuckled at my sassy reply before responding, "I'm sorry, I'm just worried about him is all. Do you know if Luhan went to see him today?"

"I think they saw eachother recently because Sehun had that stupid goofy look on his face that he used to get everytime he'd come home after hanging out with Luhan. It's the same love struck look I get after hanging out with you," I replied. I could hear Kyungsoo's breath hitch over the phone, I must've said something he liked and I smiled at the thought that he was blushing over the phone over some simple flirting.

"Don't tease me like that, I'll come over right now and teach you a lesson," Kyungsoo replied, trying to sound like he had any authority whatsoever when it came to me.

I laughed, "I'd like to see you try."

"I'll be there in 30 minutes."

"Okay drive safe baby," I replied before hanging up, I knew he loved the simple nicknames and I love to every chance I get.

Precisely 30 minutes later, I heard a ring of the doorbell and a smile grew on my face as I realized that Kyungsoo had arrived. I got up to open the door and saw the cutest disgruntled boy on my doorstep, hands on his hips with wet hair and red cheeks, looking like he just got out of the shower.

"You didn't have to shower just to come over and see me, we could've done that here. I could've cleaned you up real well baby," I smirked before placing my hand around his waist and pulling him into my place.

Kyungsoo huffed before replying, "I was on my way home from practice when I was texting you and I didn't really want to come over here right after smellling of sweat."

"You know I wouldn't mind." 

"Yeah but I..."  Kyungsoo mumbled the rest of the sentence so I couldn't quite catch what he was saying.

"Huh?" 

"I wanted to look and smell nice for you okay?!" He replied before pulling away and walking over to my kitchen. I watched as he opened my fridge and took out his favorite drink that I kept around especially for him, strawberry milk.

He took a sip and a small look of satisfaction glazed over his face, "Nothing like strawberry milk and hanging out with my cute boyfriend after practice," he sighed happily.

The word took me by surprise, "Boyfriend?" I questioned.

Kyungsoo gave me a look, "Jongin we've hung out everyday the past 2 or 3 months, we have nicknames for eachother, and we kiss whenever we get the chance. Not to mention the dirty things we've done in your room."

I laughed, "Yeah that spring cleaning we did was pretty dirty, I didn't even know mirrors could get that filthy but you proved me wrong."

"You're an idiot," he retorted as he rolled his eyes playfully at me while simultaneously enjoying his strawberry beverage.

"And you're my boyfriend," I replied happily. Being able to call Do Kyungsoo my boyfriend was the highest honor I had ever received, he was the most kind and caring person I had met. He not only showed interest in me but he cared for everything I cared for; he had been there for me when Sehun was in the hospital and I was at my lowest point; he made sure that I felt loved and cherished whenever he could and I hoped I was doing the same for him.

I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his waist before pulling him in for a sweet and long kiss, his body inching closer and fitting perfectly onto mine.

"You taste sweet," I commented after pulling away from his warm and plump lips.

He smiled and went in for another quick peck before pulling me towards the couch so we could cuddle and watch a movie.

It felt nice to be wanted by someone, especially if that someone was Kyungsoo.

Sehun's POV

I was extremely relieved to be back home in my own bed that night even if I was nervous to go back to life as usual, my parents had a welcome home dinner for me which was another perk to being home once again. I laid in my bed after my long, hot shower trying to play back the events of the week that I had been awake. It had all been a bit too much to take in, I truly couldn't believe that a minor car accident had caused so much brain damage. Every time I would try to recall anything, it mushes into a blur and my head starts pounding so I've given up on that option.

I decided it might be a good idea to text my best friend, maybe he knew what I had been up to after all this time. 

Sehun: Hey Lu, can I ask you something?

Luhan: Sure, what's up?

Sehun: Could you tell me everything I've been doing up until the accident? I don't remember anything from before summer and it's causing me to have a bit of a crisis...

Luhan: Uhhh, we were just doing what we always did. We got ice cream most days and went around town trying to find things to do I guess. Nothing out of the ordinary.

I needed more information, I felt I needed to fill in the blanks of everything I was missing. Or at least all of the important stuff. I looked down at my phone to see another message come in from Luhan.

Luhan: We should go out tomorrow and I'll show you all the parts of town we went through! We'll make it an adventure, it'll be great!

Sehun: That sounds like fun, I can't wait! Meet at the fountain at 11 am?

Luhan: See you then Hunnie.

I smiled at the nickname, I was beyond ecstatic to be going out with my best friend after all this time spent in the hospital. Maybe seeing all of the places him and I went to over the summertime would jog my memory.

~~~

Heyyyy no I don't have an excuse for my absence but I'm back now so just enjoy hahah. I'm gonna write more because it's fun since quarantine is kicking my and there's only so much painting and embroidering I can do before I go crazy :) Anyway I hope you guys enjoyed, an update will be up in the next couple dayssss, love you all please stay safe and inside!

Hunhannies2 <3

COMMENT DOWN BELOW PLZ :)