GLADIOLUS

Forget Me Not

GLADIOLUS - represents strength of character, faithfulness, and honor

 

Author's Point of View

Sehun went home that night feeling down due to the soccer team's loss, he walked home quietly weaving through the street. Once he got to his home, he opened the door his mother ran up to him and hugged him tightly.

"Where were you! I was so worried you got hurt!" His mother squeled.

He felt bad for worrying her and hugged her back, "I'm sorry, the soccer game went into overtime and my car's in the shop so I had to walk home." he explained.

She nodded and let go "I made you dinner, it's in the oven. Please eat." she smiled and kissed his forehead before walking up the stairs to her room. "Goodnight Sehun-ah." she said before walking in.

"Goodnight!" Sehun called after her. He walked to the kitchen and took out the dinner from the oven, unwrapping the foil off the top and put it in the microwave to heat it up. He went to turn on the TV, turning on his favorite show and getting his now heated food.

Sehun sat on the couch and put the food on his lap, he looked down on it and sighed. He hadn't eaten anything since the apple he had for breakfast but looking down at this food, he couldn't help but lose his appetite. 

He put it on the table and pushed it away from him, thinking back to earlier that day at the soccer game with Luhan.

Sehun's Point of View

What did Luhan want to say to me at the game? I saw him looking at me like he wanted to say something but if I try to speak to him he'll just ignore me like usual.

I sighed and laid on the couch, ignoring the TV because now it was nothing but background noise to my overflowing thoughts. 

I had been the greatest friend I could have been to Luhan and yet he left in the end anyway. Maybe it was because of my random quotes from books that would spill out of my mouth once in a while that put him off, made him want to leave. Maybe it was just my presence that he disliked entirely. Whatever it was, I can't help but blame it on myself for losing him.

A sudden buzz snapped me out of the thought filled trance I was in. I checked my phone and saw that my next door neighbor, Kai, had texted me to go over to his house. 

Kai had moved in 2 years prior to our arrival in the house, he was 25 and a thriving dancer at his own academy. He's the same height as me with brown hair that was shaved on the sides and tattoos running up and down his left arm. When I had first seen him he looked scary from afar due to his tattoos and dark demeanor but the first time we met he had the biggest and warmest smile on his face, very welcoming. Over the years I had been here, Kai had been an older brother to me. He had looked after me, cared for me, and taught me valuable lessons. I couldn't ask for a better older brother than him.

When I arrived at his house, I turned the door knob and went in right away. He usually leaves it unlocked when he knows I'll be coming over that day. 

"Kai?" I called out, looking around the living room to see where he was.

"I'll be right out!" he called back from his room.

I sat down and made myself comfortable, awaiting his presence paitiently. He came in a few minutes later, his hair was still wet from the shower he had just taken, he was dressed in pyjama's and looked extremely tired.

"You look exhausted." I said, patting the seat beside me on the white couch.

He fell down onto the couch by me and sank into it, "I am, I wanted to teach the children's class today which I now know is the worst idea i've ever had."

I laughed at this, "So what did you call me over her for?" 

Kai looked at me "Your mother called me today to make sure you ate something and I know how much you love her food so I invited you here to eat instead."Kai finished with a smile.

I rolled my eyes, "She worries too much." 

"She has the right to, you weigh less than a feather." Kai got up and made his way to the kitchen, taking out the ingredients for my, soon to be, dinner.

"You sound just like her." I smiled again, he always sounded like my mother, over thinking everything. "I eat. Sometimes." I whispered.

Kai laughed and continued to cook for me.

Just like any every other night.

Kai's Point of View

I felt bad for Sehun, he was the best kid out there and no one appreciated it. Especially that Luhan boy, he left Sehun right as he got popular which Sehun absolutely didn't deserve. I still remember the day Sehun came to me in the middle of the night, tears staining his cheeks, when Luhan said they couldn't be friends anymore due to reputation, I thought I would go punch the pretty boy in the face for hurting Sehun. Maybe I am being over protective but Sehun was like a little brother to me, he was everything I had.

Since my parents had kicked me out the minute I came home with my tattoos at the age of 18 smelling of cigarettes, they said I wasn't the son they had raised and thought someone had pressured me into getting all of my tattoos. But it was all me, and I enjoyed getting every single one. Aside from the pain of coarse, I'm not that crazy. I haven't seen them in 7 years and sure I miss them sometimes but Sehun's parent's treat me like one of their own so having them aroun makes the feeling of homesickness subside.

I sat on the roof with Sehun when he had finished eating, watching the moon. Every once in a while he would show me a pattern in the stars which looked like something different everytime. I took out a lighter and flicked it on and off, my cigarette packet laying beside my other hand. Sehun saw this and took my cigarette packet into his hands, looking it over.

"Your mom would kill me if you went home smelling of smoke." I said with a chuckle.

"I know." he smiled back and stretched his arm back in a throwing position with the pack in his hand.

I eyed him cautiously "Don't do it." I warned.

Sehun threw his arm forward, the cigarette packet flying out of his hands onto the ground, spilling the contents everywhere. "Too late." he shrugged and smiled a chesire smile.

I groaned and punched his arm "That's the third time you do that! Those are expensive you know!" 

He laughed "I know. But on this momentus day of-" he stopped to check the date and time on his phone "- October 1st, 2015 at 12:00 am, Kim Jongin has stopped his smoking habit." he smiled.

I glared at him, but I knew he was doing this for me and it felt good to be loved and cared for so much. "Whatever." I looked away to hide my smile.

He stood up and walked to the window leading inside "I'm gonna go get some sleep, I have school tomorrow." he said before bidding goodnight and making his way out of the house.

I laid in bed that night, thinking over Sehun's well-being. I hoped he was feeling better, I hated seeing him so skinny, it makes me worry constantly. He was getting better at taking care of himself so I was relieved by that. I looked outside my window and tried to remember the shapes of the stars he had pointed out as I dozed off to a long sleep.

~~~

Hello again! HUNHANNIES2 here, I really enjoyed writing this chapter cause I love Sekai brotp hehehe. I hoped you enjoyed reading it as much as I loved writing it! 

Please UPVOTE, AND COMMENT!!!

 

Until next time <3