WHITE HEATHER

Forget Me Not

WHITE HEATHER: represents protection over a loved one.

Sehun's POV 

All I heard was a consistent beeping of a machine to my right for what felt like weeks on end. I never could open my eyes, it seemed to me that I was stuck in a dark prison, trapped behind my own eyelids.

But it was on a peculiar day when I could finally hear some voices through the dark. I recognized them instantly as my mother and father arguing in a corner of the room I was in. Which had taken a few days for me to recognize as a hospital room due to the constant words I heard around me, like the nurses talking about my condition.

Why were my parents arguing? What happened? Are they okay?

Am I okay?

But the voices were gone as soon as they came and that was when I heard Jongin, he seemed so close to me and I could hear him loud and clear.

"Please be okay, I can't stand to see you so frail like this." he whispered in a broken voice, like he'd been crying for days.

Why wouldn't I be okay?

What's wrong with me? 

~~~

Jongin's POV

I woke up to Kyungsoo laying by my side covered in my silk sheets. The room was still a bit dark due to the curtains preventing the sun rays from entering the room, it was the perfect hue of orange seeping through and lighting the room just right. I moved around a bit to get a good look at Kyungsoo's face, which was laying on my arm as our bodies were perfectly intertwined. 

Kyungsoo's eyelids slowly opened as he started to slowly recognize his surroundings. He saw me looking down at him fondly and leaned up to give me a small peck on the lips. 

"Goodmorning, handsome." he said in a rough morning voice as he scooted ever so slightly closer.

"Goodmorning Soo. How'd you sleep?" I asked as I nuzzled my face in his dark hair. I loved this color on him, it made him look so y.

"We both know that we barely slept at all," Kyungsoo replied with a small giggle.

"Yeah I think watching two movies last night was too much." I replied with a chuckle.

"How late did we stay up?" he asked.

"Around 4 is when you fell alseep on my lap and I carried you to my bed at 4:30, cause I may or may not have watched you sleep for a bit cause you're so adorable while you sleep, you look so peaceful. Compared to that menacing look you seem to like giving everybody." I answered bashfully. I really did mean to take him to bed instantly but he looked so perfect I just couldn't help myself from watching him for a bit.

Kyungsoo started blushing a crimson color and hid his face on my bare chest. "Why don't you have a shirt on?" he asked while his face was still on me.

I chuckled at his reaction and replied with "I can't sleep with anything on, I feel so constricted." I wanted to play with him a bit before I knew the inevitable would happen and he would have to leave.

It was then that Kyungsoo jumped out of bed and covered his eyes, his face flushed red as I laughed whole-heartedly and explained that it was a joke.

"Kyungsoo, I just took my shirt off cause it was hot last night," I said with a laugh as I tried to coax him back to bed.

After hitting me with a pillow a few times to get the embarrasment out of his system, he said "I need to leave, I have a shift at 12 and I need to shower and get ready."

"Can't you call in sick?" I asked as I got up tp wrap my arms around him and swayed lightly.

"No, I'm sorry but I need all the money I can get to save up for University. You can come swing by later if you have time?" he asked with a slight pout.

I smiled and kissed his plump lips once again. I never seem to get enough of them. "I always have time for you. I'll see you around 3." and kissed him again.

An hour after Kyungsoo left, I got ready for the day with a quick shower and dressed up for work.

But out of no where, I heard a loud and fast knock at my door. I walked quickly because I knew if someone was knocking with such urgency, something must be wrong.

I opened the door to see Sehun's parents looking worried sick, "What's wrong?" I asked.

Sehun's mother was in tears and couldn't talk while his father looked at me and said, 

"Sehun's been in a car accident, we would like you to come to the hospital with us. Please." 

~~~

It had been a few days since the accident, apperently the person who hit him ran off after calling the police. So far the police have only identified it to be a teenage boy around Sehun's age due to the voice recording of the call.

I've been coming here everyday to check on his condition but the doctors say that between the broken arm and concussion, they don't know when he'll wake up. So for now he's in a comatose state. 

I miss him already, I hadn't cried this hard since my parents kicked me out and that was years ago.

"Please be okay, I can't stand to see you so frail like this." I whispered, hoping that he didn't hear how sad I sounded.

After a week I came in like I usually do and instead of finding Sehun alone, I saw Luhan sitting there beside his bed while he held his hand.

"What are you doing here?" I asked angerly, I was infuriated by this boy showing his face here after what he had done to Sehun.

"I just came to visit after I heard what happened. I feel really bad for what happened." Luhan replied. He dropped Sehun's hand quickly after seeing that I was seething with anger at how close he was to Sehun.

"You're not his friend anymore, you left him behind so you don't get to come here and feel bad for him unless...." I stopped and thought for a moment. Why would Luhan feel bad? It's not like he did this... or did he? "Did you do this to him?" I asked.

Luhan looked like a deer caught in the headlights and shamefully looked away from my angry gaze.

"You bastard!" I dropped the coffee in my hand and nearly ran up to him, I took his shirt collar into my hands and raised his body slightly in the air. "How could you do this to him?! Just because you stopped being friends, does not mean you can hit him with your ing car! He doesn't deserve this, he's just a kid and look what you did to him. Look At Him!" My anger got the best of me as I yelled at Luhan who was now weeping as he held onto my hands that were raising him up. I didn't feel an ounce of regret as I yelled at him.

"I'm so sorry! It was an accident, I would never hurt him intentionally, I swear! I'm so so sorry!" he cried.

I let go of him and he dropped to the ground, still crying as he weighed my words. I felt that he should feel as much regret and remorse as possible for Sehun. I wanted to teach him a lesson.

I thought for a moment before I squated down to look him in the eyes. "I'm not going to tell anybody, do you know why?" I asked.

Luhan shook his head frantically, I could see he was too afraid that I might bust out in another yelling fit.

"Because you," I poked Luhan's chest hard "Are going to make it up to him." 

Luhan nodded his head again, "Of coarse, I'll do anything he needs of me."

"That's what I thought. If I hear one complaint out of Sehun's mouth about how his friend is treating him badly, I'm telling the cops. Give Sehun the caring and friendship that he gave you. Understood?" I asked.

"Understood."

~~~

Hello :) I finally updated! It's finally summer and I have enough time on my hands to sit down for an hour to update this story and I am glad I'm getting more and more into it cause I kinda lost interest, oops! But I will update more and I'm sorry it took so long! I hope I get some new subbies and MORE COMMENTS CAUSE I LOVE FEEDBACK!!! It's 1500 words though so I wrote 500 more words than usual to compensate for my lack of updating!

Anyways! Comment and upvote please! I'd really appreciate it :)

Thanks, until next time!

~HUNHANNIES2