ANEMONE

Forget Me Not

ANEMONE- represents fragile love

Author's POV

A few more days went by with Sehun still in a deep coma. The accident had definitly taken a toll on everyone involved, his parents and Kai had grown more and more worried with each passing minute. 

Kai would visit him everyday after work, sometimes bringing Kyungsoo along, who would have to comfort him most of the time when they left. Kyungsoo would try his best to cheer him up whenever he could, but he knew the only way Kai would be back to normal was if Sehun woke up. A few times, Kai had been tempted to smoke once again but everytime he picked up a pack, he would go on the roof and throw it over the edge as Sehun had done at least a hundred times before.

One fateful December evening, the doctor had called Sehun's mother to inform her that he had started to wake up, but that she might have to wait a while before seeing him. But she hadn't cared, she called her husband as well as Kai and told them to meet her at the hospital in an hour.

When they had finally arrived, the doctor met with them with a grim look upon his face. "I'm afraid I have some bad news about Sehun's rouse from the coma. As you know, he came in with a very bad concussion and we've been trying to moniter the brain damage while he was asleep, but we could only get so much information. Now that he's finally awake, we know that he is going to have amnesia for a while due to the concussion, hopefully something will jog his memory again and he will begin to remember things, but for now please don't force too much interactions on him or try to make him remember things because it will just give him severe headaches. If he does get headaches, I've prescribed something to help with it. Now, you can go in but please be quiet and gentle with him." The doctor concluded and bowed before walking away to attend to his other patients.

The family stood quietly as they absorbed the information, Sehun's father had let out a quiet thank you to the doctor before his departure but no other words were uttered after. Sehun's mother broke down crying mere second later, she felt her husbands arms wrap gently around her to try to calm her down but to no avail. 

"Kai, I think you should go in and see if he's okay. I'm certain he'll remember you and maybe he won't be too frightened by everything that's going on." Sehun's father said calmly.

Kai nodded intently before making his way towards the all too familiar room that belonged to his his dearest little brother, he had hoped that Sehun would remember him, otherwise he'd be crushed. All those years together would be erased from his memory and Sehun would never be the same again.

Kai reluctantly opened the door to Sehun's room, only to look and see Sehun's eyes light up at the sight of him.

"Kai, what's going on? Why am I in a hospital?" Sehun questioned. 

Kai froze in his place and thought about how he had missed his voice and curious looks, how he had missed his slight lisp and sparkling eyes. Kai rushed forward and practically jumped into Sehun's arms.

"I'm so glad you're okay" he cried and tightly squeezed Sehun in his arms.

Sehun wrapped his arms back around Kai but looked curiously at him, "Why wouldn't I be? What happened?" he asked worriedly.

Kai pulled back from the hug and sat down on the chair placed behind him, "There was an accident 2 months ago after a party we went to, the police suspect a drunk driver hit you while you were driving back home." Kai clenched his teeth during the last part, not wanting the truth to spill out.

Sehun looked down at his hands and let out a shaky breath, "Where are my parents?" he asked quietly, hoping they were alright amd that they hadn't been in the car with him during the accident.

"They're alright, do you want me to go get them?" Kai asked.

"That won't be necessary, " Sehun looked up with teary eyes as he saw his mother and father walk into the room, both looking quite emotional as they rushed to Sehun's side.

They reunited in a tight hug with tears flowing down their tired faces, Sehun's mother was sobbing as he held her closely and buried his head into his father shoulder, trying his best to hide his tears.

Kai sat back and watched happily until Sehun pulled him in to the hug as well.

You're back Sehunnie, Kai thought with a smile.

~~~

When the hospital visiting hours were over, Sehun's parents had left reluctantly with Kai closely behind.

"Kai, wait!" Sehun called after him from his bed.

"Yeah?" Kai turned to Sehun and walked back to his bedside.

"Where's Luhan?" he asked quietly.

Kai sighed, "Nobody called him to tell him you were awake yet," he replied. "Why?"

"Well you'd think my best friend would visit me," Sehun said as he rolled his eyes playfully.

Kai eyes widened, He thinks they're still friends?

"Sehunnie, how far back do you remember?" Kai asked cautiously.

Sehun tried hard to think back as far as he could, squinting his eyes a bit to try and recall everything "Luhan and I were out buying ice cream at the market when I knocked over a display case by accident." he replied with a slight smirk. "We had to run out of there and forgot to pay for the ice cream," he chuckled at the memory.

Kai was stunned by how far back that memory was, in June Sehun had told him that story. It was 3 months before Luhan had dumped him for his own reputation. "Sehunnie, that was in June and it's December now, you've forgotten quite a lot." he said worriedly as he reached out to grab Sehun's hand lightly.

Sehun sat there holding Kai's hand and smiled lightly, "I know, that's what the doctor said." Sehun said quietly, "It's going to be okay though! I'll remember things soon enough. I just want to see Luhan, would you mind calling him for me?" he asked.

Kai reluctantly nodded "He'll be here tomorrow." He decided to let Sehun enjoy his non-existant friendship for as long as he could before Luhan inevitably leaves him again.

Sehun's expression lit up and he pulled Kai in for a quick hug and 'Thank you'.

Soon after a nurse came in to check on Sehun, "Mr.Kim, I'm afraid Sehun needs to rest, would you mind leaving for the night?" she asked politely.

Kai smiled "Of coarse." he then turned to Sehun "Goodnight."

"Goodnight," Sehun replied before turning his attention to the nurse who had asked him a question about how he was feeling.

~~~

Kai stood outside the hospital doors as he made a phone call to Kyungsoo. 

"Hey Jongin," Kyungsoo said on the other line. 

"Hey Soo, can I ask for a favor?"

"Of coarse! What's up?"

"What's Luhan's number?"

~~~

Heyyyyyy! I can't believe it's been almost a year since I updated! I'm sorry about that but school caught up to me and then beat me up with knowledge haha (I laugh but i'm actually crying). Anyways, I'll update soon because it's the start of a new semester at school so I have less workload :)

PLEASE COMMENT AND UPVOTE!