Understanding

I don't believe there is a love for me

Key couldn't breathe. But his heart was beating too fast. In what world does this make sense? Key didn't know, and neither did he care.

He nodded slowly. Jonghyun's smile became even wider, showing Key a cute eye smile. Key felt... like there was a warm feeling inside of him. He liked that feeling, it made him feel safe, feel loved. He never wanted it to go away. Ever.

 


 

After school, while Key was waiting for Jonghyun to finish some stuff up, he heard a voice calling him.

"Key-hyung!"

He turned, and saw Taemin running towards him with his arms spread. Key smiled and spread his arms wide.

"Come to umma~"

Taemin giggled as he hugged Key. "So you're my umma now?"

Key laughed. "Neh Taeminnie. You're my adul."

Taemin pulled back and looked at him. "Umma, you look happier. Did you make up with your friend?"

Key nodded. He looked up to see Minho walking towards them, stiff and tense. Taemin turned around too. "Minho-hyung!"

Minho smiled at Taemin. He stood between Taemin and Key, subtly blocking Key out.  But that failed, as Taemin continued to talk to Key around Minho. Key found this quite amusing, and decided to tease Minho a bit.

"Taeminnie~ Won't you give your umma a hug?" Key cooed at Taemin. Taemin brightened and went around Minho to give Key a hug. Minho's face was priceless. I'll leave that to your imagination. But Key gave Minho a cheesy grin, and Minho's fists tightened. But then...

"Umma~"

"Neh adul?"

"Do I have an appa?"

Key froze. "Of course you do baby."

They all turned to see Jonghyun, leaning casually against a wall. He then walked up to Key, wrapped his arm around his slender waist and innocently pecked his cheek. Which, of course, made Key blush madly. Key noticed with amusement that Minho visually deflated as his relaxed. He decided to do something.

"Minho?"

Minho looked up in surprise at Key. "Yeah?"

"Can I talk to you for a bit?"

"Of course."

 


 

They both walked away from Jonghyun and Taemin, who seemed to be getting along nicely. They stopped when they were near the tree where Key had first met Taemin. Key looked at him.

"Do you like Taemin?"

Minho looked shocked. Key scoffed. "Don't look so shocked Minho. I see all those glares you give me, and the way you tense whenever I'm remotely close to him. Also, I saw you relax when you saw Jonghyun."

Minho put his head down. "I... I only realized a few days ago." he admitted.

"I saw you two under the tree, when you fell asleep on him, and I realized... I want to be the one he falls asleep on." Minho blushed as his confessed his innermost feelings. Key smiled. He could see the sincerity in his eyes.

"I just want you to know, if you ever hurt my adul..." Key said, mockingly shaking his fist at Minho.

Minho laughed. "Such a strong reaction, and you haven't even been his umma for an hour yet."

"Pfft. Of course. Whether I've been his umma for 1 second or 1 millenium, I would always protect him. Ever since I met him, I had this strange urge to take care of him... Sort of like when I first met Jonghyun. I wanted to pet him because he looked just like a puppy."

Minho chuckled. "I'll always protect Taemin. I don't think I could ever live with myself if he got hurt."

"I'm glad. Shall we go back? Son-in-law?"

"Yeah."

 


 

Jonghyun and Taemin were standing beside the wall where Key and Minho had left them. Taemin was shifting his feet as his chatted happily with his appa. Then he looked at Jonghyun seriously.

"Do you know why Umma was crying the other day?" 

Jonghyun froze. Then he looked away as he replied, "Neh. It was... It was my fault."

"Why?"

"Because... Because... I pushed him too hard. All I wanted was to love him, and all he wanted was to push it away." Jonghyun looked sad.

Taemin sighed. "He cried so much that day hyung."

Jonghyun's head whipped up. "He did?!"

Taemin nodded. Jonghyun put his head back down and all was silent for a while. Jonghyun was lost in his thoughts, until Taemin said, "It's all alright now. He's happy. He has you now."

Jonghyun smiled. "Yeah, he does."

"Jjong!" 

Both Taemin and Jonghyun turned their heads towards Key's voice. Both him and Minho were walking back, and Taemin noticed that there was an air of friendlieness between them. He wondered what had happened, but decided not to ask. Taemin got the feeling that this was something that only the two of them would be able to understand.

"Come on, Jjong, let's go!" Key chirped. Jonghyun turned to wave but Key pulled him away.

"Bye adul! Bye Minho~"

"W-wait Key! Aah~ BYE GUYS!" Jonghyun shouted as he was pulled away by Key.

Minho chuckled at Taemin's and Jonghyun's confused faces. Minho felt confident. His talk with Key had given him a confidence boost, and now all he wanted to do was confess to Taemin. I mean, what better time to confess than when you're feeling your best?

"Taemin?"

"Neh hyung?"

This was it. Minho couldn't help but feel a bit nervous. He pushed away the feeling as he said, "Taemin... We've been friends for years. But... The thing is, I want to be more than friends with you. I don't have anything to give you right now but my love. Will you accept me?"

He stared at Taemin whose face was blank. He was beginning to doubt himself as the minutes passed. Then, Taemin's smile broke upon his face and the next thing Minho knew, he was being tackled but a blonde hair of fluffiness.

"Yes hyung!" 

Taemin pulled back a bit, and Minho lowered his face to Taemin's, attaching their lips for a moment in a sweet, chaste kiss. Minho decided that hecouldn't be happier as he looked down at Taemin, his friend, his boyfriend, his love.

 


 

A/N: There's so much cheese in this chappie that you could make a cheese pizza, cheese sticks, a cheese cake, a cheese drink and serve it up to a bunch of cheese people in a cheese building... Well, you get the point. I'm surprised no-one asked about the guy spying on the TaeKey moment... Meh. Well, this fic might be ending soon... ;---; But it was awesome writing~

-MAP

Comment Replies:

-iloveyou-: keke i love you too~ I do that all the time too, my friends are convinced I'm insane sometimes LOL that's why I'm the 4D person in the group hehe~ I'm not done with the cute jongkey yet so look forward to that~

butterflybabe13: Aww~ I know how you feel, I failed my major math exam this year ;--; I thought it was a trial test... But meh. Updates always cheer me up after a bad day ^-^

babu2468: Thanks~ And yes, they did kiss~! I'm glad I found a reality that you liked ^-^