Fight

I don't believe there is a love for me

Key and Jonghyun became really good friends after that day. There weren't anymore incidents similar to what happened that first time, and so were able to fall into an easy friendship. Despite that, Key still felt, well, feelings. Feelings that didn't make sense to him.

It felt to him as if he were having a heart attack. He told his parents about it, and at first they looked shocked. But then his parents smiled knowingly at him, and told him that everything would happen in its own time. Key was still very confused, but decided against his original intentions of going to his doctor to get his heart checked.

Besides that, Key also had gotten used to finding a chocolate treat in his locker every morning for the past 5 days. The first day it was a chocolate cupcake, then it was a chocolate brownie, then a chocolate bar, then a small bag of chocolate truffles and yesterday it was a packet of peroro. Key would always eat these on the way to class, and then tell Jonghyun all about them.

Key didn't trust himself enough to believe that they were for him, or even worse, from a secret admirerer. Jonghyun kept insisting that people didn't leave snacks in other people's lockers for no reason, but Key was stubborn.

At lunch, Key and Jonghyun made their way up to the rooftop as usual, chatting and joking around.

When they got up there, it seemed that Jonghyun wanted to talk more about the mysterious gifts that Key had been recieving.

"Key, do you really like chocolate?"

Key didn't have to hesitate. "Yes! Of course! That's why I love getting these mysterious presents. They're all chocolate based."

Jonghyun thought for a moment. He opened his mouth to say something, but then closed it again. Key looked at him curiously.

"Jjong, if there's something you want to say, then just say it. There's no point keeping it in." Key said in a stern voice.

Jonghyun sighed. And then he spoke. "Key, I think you should stop deluding yourself. I thi-"

"Deluding myself!? Jonghyun, nobody here is deluding themselves!"

Jonghyun sighed heavily. He knew Key was going to be like this.

"Key, you've always wanted a b-significant other right? This might just be your chance right? And just in time for Valen-"

"STOP JONGHYUN JUST STOP. No-one in their right mind would love me! Why would they? They just wouldn't! Because I'm so unlovable! A person would have to be inutterably INSANE to fall in love with me!" Key screamed his frustrations out at Jonghyun, all his confusion and uncertainty came pouring out.

"KEY! DON'T BE SO STUPID! YOU'RE NOT UNLOVABLE, AND ANYBODY WOULD BE INSANE TO NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU! WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT KEY?"

"BECAUSE IT'S TRUE!"

At this point Key was crying, and Jonghyun was frustrated. The bell rang, but they both ignored it. They went on arguing until their throats were sore and the only sounds were Key's sobs and Jonghyun's haggard breathing. Without a word, Key grabbed his things and ran down into the school, while Jonghyun just stood there.

Key ran until his lungs were burning with the effort, and he fell to his knees on the sidewalk. Once again, people looked at him weirdly. But he was used to it. People were always looking at him weirdly, whispering behind their hands and judging him. Everybody was always judging him and he just accepted it. To have this view challenged by someone who seemed to be messing with everything that is Kim Kibum, was just the last straw.

Key just needed time to think.


The next day was horrible. Jonghyun ignored Key, and Key ignored Jonghyun. Key wasn't sure about Jonghyun, but he felt terrible, but he also felt that he couldn't talk to Jonghyun right now. He wanted to know why he took this so seriously. 

Also, the girls were getting on his nerves. Valntines day was getting ever closer, the big day being only 4 short days away. The notice board for confessions was being put up today, and it seemed to mock Key in his loveless state.

He sighed and put his head down on the desk, while Jonghyun sat next to him, ignoring Key and did whatever Jonghyuns did whenever they were ignoring Key. It hurt Key to see their short friendship shattered like this, but Key couldn't do anything about. At least, that's what he felt like.

The daily chocolate treat ritual continued, and Key was glad, mostly because chocolate usually managed to distract him from his problems. That was, until he remembered that those very distractions was what caused the problem in the first place. So, after the first bite, the chocolate lollipop went straight into the bin and he ran to the back of the school which was deserted to break down.

Key was leaning against the wall, sobbing his heart out over the fight between his first best friend when he felt an arm go around his shoulders. He looked up to see and small boy sitting next to him. The boy smiled.

"I don't know who you are, but just use me as a pillow until you're done."


I'm sorry for a late update ;--; My camp was horrible and cold. Then the sun comes out literally, the day after I get back home. OTL.

I've planned out all my stories, so I won't mindblank everytime I attempt to update, which means more updates~ yay~

Man, I can't write conflict... OTL

-MAP

[EDIT] COMMENT REPLY~

-iloveyou-: I'm glad you liked that part~ I had fun, but I was cold and wet :( LOL Jonghyun was my first SHINee bias, and then I became and Taemint, and then a Locket~ That might sound weird LOL.