See? Minho wasn't lying after all :D

I don't believe there is a love for me

Key walked down, his heart in his throat. The steps were louder in his ears, echoing off the walls in the empty corridor. He half hoped that the mysterious boy wouldn't be there when he arrived, but alas, when Key approached, his face lit up and he waved enthusiastically. Key sighed.

"Key?" the mysterious boy enquired. His eyes were wide, and his head tilted to the side cutely. 

"Yes?"

The boy blushed. "These are for you." he said shyly. He held out the flowers, along with a cute lollipop shaped like a bunny. Key sighed. "Look..." he gave the boy a look.

"Lee Jinki, but call me Onew."

"Right. Anyway, Onew. I can't accept these. I really appreciate them, but I can't accept them." Key gently pushed the flowers back to Onew, who frowned.

"Why?"

"Because... I don't feel the same way as you do." Key looked into his eyes. "I'm sorry." 

Onew looked confused. "How do you think I feel?" he asked.

Key looked startled. "I'm assuming you would feel heartbroken, or at least rejected. I mean, for the past 9 days you put chocolates in my locker right?"

"No."

"What?"

"Right now, I feel really confused, because a guy I just met is rejecting my non-existent confession." he tilted his head to the other side. Key felt his temper rising.

"Then what are you doing here?" he asked.

"Oh, someone told me to give these to you." he once again offered the flowers and lollipop. Key took it. When I find out who this person is, they are so dead.

"Who told you?" he inquired.

Onew grinned. "Can't say. But they did tell me that I could say this: Taemin wants to see you."

"What?! Tell me!"

"Nope~ Bye Key, I'll see you around." And with a wave, he casually walked off. Key fumed as he stomped off to Taemin's house.

 


 

The door opened before Key actually got to knock, and he was greeted by a hyperactive Taemin and a blindfold.

"Let's go umma!" he heard Taemin cheer as he was led away. He lifted his hand to remove the cloth, but a hand stopped him.

"Nu-uh, umma." he heard Minho's deep chuckle beside him. He huffed as he was gently guided into a car. He could still hear Taemin bouncing around in the seat beside Key. He heard two other people get in the car, one obviously being Minho, and the other-

"Onew hyung!" Taemin squealed. "What are you doing here?"

"Onew!" Key shouted.

"Hey Tae, Key. I'm here to drive, since neither of you know how to drive, and Minho here is still learning." Key could practically hear him winking. The car started, and they were off.

"Onew! How do you know my baby!" if he was here, Key might as well make the best of it.

"You mean, my baby brother? Oh, I don't know, I think I was four when I first met him." Onew smirked. He could hear it in his voice. Key felt helpless. And he didn't like it. He wanted to be in control.

"Where are you taking me?"

"Umma~ It's a surprise!" Taemin rubbed his arm soothingly. 

Key huffed. Best Valentines Ever. But-

"Where's Jjong?"

"Oh, he would have been here, but he was taking a nap." Minho replied. Lazy dinosaur. Well, that rules out Jonghyun. He leaned back into the seat, suddenly feeling all the running he did at lunch. He yawned.

"Go to sleep Umma." Taemin petted his head, and it was very relaxing. He almost purred. But then he fell asleep.

 


 

"Wake up umma~!" 

Key groggily opened his eyes, his head throbbing from being woken up so soon. He noticed that the blindfold was off, and that it still wasn't dark. Wow. He looked around, and saw Taemin in the doorway, waiting for him. Beyond him, were Minho and Onew, just talking and mucking around. 

"Come on, umma." Taemin held out his hand and Key took it and got out. He stepped out into the clean mountain air. He could see a mountain in the distance, and a tower somewhere to his right. Where was he?

"Tae, how long have I been out?"

"About half an hour." Key stretched. Not long at all. He looked at his watch. 5:10. And then he remembered.

"Tae, my pare-"

"Oh, don't worry. They know where you are." Taemin said mysteriously. Key frowned. 

"Do I get to know where I am?" Key said suggestively.

"No."

"Well, what are we going to do here?" Key inquired as they walked to where Onew and Minho were. They noticed Key and Taemin approaching and stopped. There was an awkward silence. Then Onew said, "He's that way." He pointed to a gate. Key turned his head, and then he heard running footsteps.

"Yah! YAH! GET BACK HERE YOU GUYS!" he ran after them, but they had got in the car really quickly and they drove off. Before they were gone entirely, he saw Taemin hold his thumbs up in front of his cheeky grin. He panted, bent over as he tried to regulate his breathing. When he was done, he looked at the gate again. Who exactly was inside? Suddenly, his palms were sweating, and his heart was beating faster again.

He walked up to the large iron gate, and opened it. There, he found a large fence filled with locks. They all had messages of love, little stickers and pictures. Some of the older ones were rusty, some were plastic, but they all held the same meaning. Key walked in further, examining the little declarations of love and happiness on the locks.

 


 

Jonghyun was sitting down, leaning against the fence which had yet to be filled with locks. He head was tilted back, his mouth slightly open as he slowly breathed in and out. His hands loosely held a lock and key on his lap, while the other was resting on the ground beside him, his fingers curving slightly. His bangs fell gently into his eyes, which were slightly open but not seeing.

 

 

 

A/N: So... I bet you didn't see that one coming did you? :D
About 100% of you were right when you said it was Jonghyun, so I decided to mess with you guys a bit. It's all in good fun :D
But.. bad news... The next chapter will probably be the last...
Good news~ I will post special chapters that relate to this story, but won't be in chronological order. What do I mean? Things like, Jongkey's first date, 2min's first date etc. Because, I love this story and I think it's short D:
Btw, I don't bite, okay, maybe if you're chicken I will, so please comment?

 

Comment Reply:

-iloveyou-: keke I confused you :L I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter XD