Secret Smile

I don't believe there is a love for me

Key nervously sat down, his hands shaking as he unpacked his books. Some people around him gave him weird looks, but he ignored them as he put his head down on the table. He listened to the sounds of the girls in his class spazzing about some random music group called SHINee or something. The girls seemed to have forgotten Valentines Day, at least for a while, to Kibum's relief. He put his head down and groaned in frustration. Key's heart was still beating really fast and the deep breaths that he was taking were doing nothing to help him. He just could not figure out why Jonghyun was making him feel this way? Was he scared? Intimidated? Or...

No. It could not be that. That would just be too stupid. Love is stupid. Bleagh.

Key couldn't stop thinking about what Jonghyun had done for him. He must think that I'm an idiot, who doesn't know how to appreciate the kindness of others. He let out a short gasp as he remembered that he dropped Jonghyun's jacket on the way down, and he hadn't even thanked him for the jacket. He heard footsteps beside him, and then the scraping of a chair. Key knew who it was, and subconciously focused on the sounds of Jonghyun preparing himself for the coming class. Even his breathing is beautiful.

What am I thinking? How can breathing be beautiful? What am I doing listening to him breathe? Key heard a sigh, and then-

"I'm sorry."

Key twitched. He didn't know what to do, so he stayed down to see if anything else would happen. Another sigh, and the sounds of moving stationery began again. There was a sudden silence, broken by official sounding footsteps, signalling the arrival of Mr Park, the teacher. Key immediately stood up, and glanced at Jonghyun using his peripherals. He was standing up, but his head was down, and Kibum couldn't see his face. Key sighed. He wanted to do something, but then Mr Park started his class.


Key flopped down on his bed, his head full of Jonghyun. After class, Jonghyun had walked dejectedly out of the room and Key didn't know what to do. This uncertainty, this nervousness, it just wasn't him. He needed to do something to get rid of this... Whatever you could call this. Key sighed. Maybe I should just apologize to him? And then be friends again? I mean, it hasn't even been an entire day since you've met him and now everything is awkward already. Key looked at his calendar. The 5th of February. He got up and drew a dinosaur on the tiny square. Key didn't know why he did it, but it just felt like it had to be done. I guess it's homework time... Key managed to do his homework, but found it difficult as his mind kept drifting back to his day with Jonghyun.

Key couldn't sleep, and woke up early the next morning, and when he got to school, his stomach was squirming around in anticipation of seeing Jonghyun again. What would he be like? Key shook his head and went to his locker, and then to his classroom. The room was still empty, since he came really early. He sat and waited. His classmates threw out a greeting to him, and he casually replied back, despite his hands shaking as they fiddled with his bag. He decided to unpack his books, but then realized that he hadn't taken them from his locker. It was probably because he zoned out while he was at his locker and just closed it when he finally paid attention to his surroundings. Key also kept an eye out for Jonghyun, but he was nowhere to be found, which made Key sigh. When he opened his locker, he was shocked to find a chocolate cupcake innocently sitting on his text book, being all, What 'chu lookin' at? I'm totally supposed to be here~!

Key unconciously smiled as he picked up the treat and popped it in his mouth and he collected his book and made his way back to class, munching on the innocent cake.

When Key walked in, he took his usual glance around the room, and his stomach dropped as he saw Jonghyun sitting at his desk, looking straight at him. Key his fingers free of the remaining chocolate as he made his way to his seat. Jonghyun smiled as he saw him, and Key felt like everything was going to be alright.

"Hey Jonghyun, I wanted to apologize about yesterday, your jacket must've gotten dirty." Key said sheepishly.

"Nah, don't worry about it, it's all good." Jonghyun replied with a goofy smile. "How are you this morning?"

"I'm good, I found the cutest little cupcake in my locker this morning~!" Key said excitedly. But then his tone turned shy and he bent his head down. "But I can't show it to you, because I ate it."

Jonghyun chuckled at Key's adorableness."It's okay Key, if you really want, if you get another one, just take a picture of it and you can show that to me."

Key smiled. He opened his mouth to reply, but then Mr Park walked in, and class began. They shared a secret smile, and then started paying attention.

Man, I should be packing... I'm leaving for 3 days, which is why I updated~ I love all nine of my subbies~ Thank you for subscribing~! <3

-MAP

COMMENT REPLIES~ XD

ebbiechan: Thank you for subscribing~! Do you like it? The K-pop fest was AMAZING OMG. And I got an Epik High jumper, a 2NE1 jumper and a SHINee shirt~ XDDDD

-iloveyou-: keke that's what I was aiming for~ I hate problems I just want everyone to be happy forever keke~

babu2468: Thank you for reading~ :)

chocolove123: I'm glad you think so~! :)