Sweat and hard work

It Began here for you

"I want to say it... ...Saranghae."

The words hit Youngmin like a ton of bricks. Had they completely forgotten he was there? 

He had heard everything. 

He didn't cry, though he wanted to. He was more angry than upset. Since when had Kwangmin taken a liking to the maknae? How come he hadn't told his own brother... though he guessed he had done the same. 

But it was different. Youngmin had a genuine crush. It had already been acknowledged by Jeongmin... that made it official... right? He lay still as his twin touched and caressed Minwoo the way he himself had dreamt of doing. Why was it always Kwangmin!? He got the best of everything. He was a better dancer, better looking, more energetic, more charismatic... he had got to have had more fans... but they were twins! If Minwoo liked Kwangmin, why could he not like Youngmin?... he mentally scolded himself. He was behaving like a child. Of course they were different. They were two people... with the same faces at a first glance. That was it. 

Closing his eyes, he tried his best to fall asleep... though the pain in his chest challenged his intentions. 

Next Morning...

They had been practicing for hours now. Their final run through before heading to the set and shooting. "Let's get it started". Their pre-debut teaser you could call it, was a pretty intense shoot. They had agreed it should be done in water as the dance was powerful and would create a good effect in water. 

Youngmin panted and leant on his knees, looking into the studio mirror and closing his eyes. He was covered in sweat. This dance was the hardest he had done. Minwoo had choreograohed a small series of movements just for the twins to do. It was a mirror of eachother which meant every beat had to be accounted for... being on time was not Youngmins best quality. He always got something wrong. 

He looked over to where his brother should have been stood and tilted his head, furrowing his brows. He wasn't there. Looking around, he checked the entire room before standing up and realizing... Minwoo was gone too. A pain hit his chest again as he knew they would probably be together somewhere. Walking over to Donghyun, his fists clenched, he could have punched something. "Hyung-nim." His voice was close to breaking when he approached the red haired leader. 

He turned, smiling at his dongsaeng, only to frown and place a hand on his shoulder when he saw his expression. "...Youngmin-ah... whats wrong? You hurt?" 

Youngmin shook his head and looked down. How could he do this without looking obvious? Changing his expression to a well rehearsed angel-like smile, he looked up again to his hyung. "Ani, Im just fine... I was actually wondering where Kwangmin and Minwoo had gotten to? I need to ask my brother if I can borrow something." Perfect. The perfect lie. 

Donghyun still looked concerned. He was the leader, not only because of his age, but because he looked after them all very well. He was just the right mixture of fun and disciplined. He was always good at telling when people were lieing... but he hadn't caught Youngmin once. "...Hm. Well, I think Kwangmin went to get more water... Minwoo I am guessing went with him... those two are closer now." He smiled and dropped his hand from Youngmin's shoulder. 

Closer? Ha! Yeah. They were a lot closer. Youngmin wanted to laugh out loud, but he simply smiled, grabbed his water bottle and headed for the door. "I wont take long." 

Making his way through the hall, he wasn't certain on what he was doing. He already knew how they felt towards eachother... so it wasn't like he was planning on catching them out, or preparing himself to witness something he couldn't imagine...he was just so annoyed. How could they sneak away together during their last practice? Did they really have no self control whatsoever? The very thought made his blood boil... what made it worse is that he knew, had it been him, he would have done the same. But it wasn't him... and so it wasn't okay. 

Pouting, he stormed down the hall, his water bottle tightly squeezed in his hand. Just before he could get any angrier, he saw them. 

Standing by his hyung, Minwoo had his arms tightly wrapped around himself, with his eyes downcast. Biting his lip, he jumped when Kwangmin spoke. It had been the first time since the night before. 

"Minwoo-ah... you've been avoiding me all day." He kept his eyes forward.

"A-ani... anio... I'm just focused.... you know I always focus on dancing a lot." He nodded and kept his eyes down. 

Kwangmin sighed and turned to face Minwoo, pushing him back against the wall behind them, his hands just above the younger boys shoulders. "Why are you lieing?" Kwangmins voice was always so soothing... but there was a hint of something else. Sadness?... Minwoo gulped and he saw Kwangmins eyes head straight to his adams apple. "You've just made your way out of one lie... why head into another?" 

Keeping his head down, he took a second to breathe before answering. "...I just dont want people to notice."

"So you're ashamed..." Kwangie looked hurt and even though it was only a slight change in his expression, it killed Minwoo inside. 

"Anio!...anio... I'm not... I just know it will ruin everything for the others... it will put their minds in different places and distract them. I know they will find it hard to accept... if they do that is... I just want everyone to stay focused on the debut for now." His eyes had shot up as soon as his hyung had made such a ridiculous remark. Ashamed? Not one bit. He loved being able to breathe again. He loved having his feelings accepted... he loved Kwangmin. 

Moving his hands up to cup the side of his hyungs face. He smiles gently, blushing as he did. "...We can be less secretive after the debut." Nodding, he smiled brighter. 

"...arasso... just don't get scared away... I like us as we are. As we really are." Smiling back, Kwangmin leant down and placed a gentle kiss on the younger boys lips. 

Youngmin wanted to close his eyes. He wanted to walk out there and tell them how disgusting they were for even considering anyone else might accept them... and above all else... he wanted to take his brothers place in that moment. He wanted that so badly it hurt. Turning against the wall, he dropped the water bottle before running out of the situation and back to the studio. 

He flung the door open and stopped dead on the spot as two of his hyungs stared bug eyed at him. "Youngmin-ah?" Hyunseong, sat cross legged with a towel around his neck and tilted his head as he examined his dongsaeng with worried eyes. Donghyun simply folded his arms across his chest as sighed. He knew. He knew there was something up. 

"Y-ye... I just got excited about the debut." Bowing his shoulders and giving one of his sweet, camera-perfect smiles, he turned to face the mirror, ready to continue practicing. 

"Where is your water bottle Youngmin?" It was Donghyun. Youngmin stopped dead. Donghyun couldn't be lied to easily... he was like the father of the group... 

"...I left it with Minwoo-ah and Kwangie." That was the best he could do... and it wasnt really a lie.

Pausing, he closed his eyes and sighed as he realized who he stood next to. 

"Ah, so you noticed me." He smirked. "You look like youre hurting... " With this, he didn't smile, or tease or diss... he genuinely looked sorry for him. 

Youngmin sighed and pressed his forehead against the mirror, his eyes downcast. "...Jeongmin hyung... please... just don't." 

Jeongmin bit his lip and leaned a shoulder on the mirror, holding a towel in one hand. "Mianhae... despite what you may think... and despite how I may come across, I really don't enjoy seeing what they do to you." Raising the towel to Youngmin's neck, he cooled the younger boy off.

Youngmin was surprised by the sudden care he was recieving but it felt so relaxing. Standing up straight, he turned to Jeongmin and narrowed his eyes not sure what was going on. His hyung simply smiled back and began to use the towel on his face and neck. One hand on the side of Youngmins face. He couldnt help but smile at the older boy. For once, his company was really nice. 

"Gomawo... hyung." Nodding a little, he sighed and closed his eyes as Jeongmin continued to care for him. 

"Ani... I'm happy doing this. This makes me think, I might be making you feel better physically... even if you still hurt emotionally." 

He was right. He did make him feel better physically, and for now. That was enough.