Love sick

It Began here for you

"Minwoo-ah... wake up." Kwangmin studied his dongsaeng carefully. His eyes filled with concern. Minwoo was never ill... not like this. His cheeks were flushed and his skin was pale. He had a fever Kwangmin had been keeping down with wet cloths for hours now, and his breathing was shallow and raspy.

The younger boy's eyes flickered open and widened for some reason as they settled on Kwangmin. "...Kwangmin... wae?.." His voice was quiet and strained. He began to sit up, promptly pushed back down by Kwangmin. 

"Ani... stay as you are Minwoo... you're really sick. Donghyun hyung and the others went to the photo shoot hours ago but he let me stay with you." A weak smile lit up Kwangmins face as he tilted his head and removed the cloth from Minwoo's forehead, preparing a fresh replacement. 

Minwoo seemed shocked. Was he really ill? He focused on how he felt for a second and groaned with regret. 

Yes... he was ill. His entire body felt as if it had been trampled over. His muscles ached and his bones hurt. Whatever he had, he wished he didn't. Why had Kwangmin woken him up? Surely letting him sleep was better. He looked to Kwangmin and felt a little better. His hyung, busy trying to make him feel better. Sat at his bed side caring for his every need. 

"Kwangmin... you stayed with me... wae? You might get it." He kept his eyes fixed on his hyung. 

Kwangmin looked up, as if surprised by his question. As if the answer was obvious. He placed a new cloth on Minwoo's forehead and for just a second let his hand linger on his cheek before pulling away. "You are my dongsaeng... I just wanted to look after you. You don't get sick very often. I worried." He looked down and pretended to do something constructive. Was he shy about the fact that he cared? 

Minwoo smiled. He still wanted a better answer. 

"Hyung-nim... you should have gone with the others. This will set you back and the manager wont like it. You don't have to care for me like this... I'm not that close to you... anymore." The words stung but he was curious of Kwangmins reaction. Had he noticed that? Had if effected him?

Kwangmin looked up and his face was a strange sight. He never looked like this... not really. He looked half inbetween angry and sad... frustrated. Grabbing  Minwoo's hands, he held them as if they were something he couldn't bare losing. 

"Anio... and that is why I worry. You don't talk to anyone anymore. You used to be closer to me than anyone... well, of course not as close as Youngmin hyung but believe me... you werent far off." His words were rushed and panicked. "Minwoo... you worry me because you shut us out so easily after being so close. For a long while, we even thought that maybe you hated us." 

Minwoo's heart sank. He had felt the exact opposite of hate... 

"A-anio... I never hated you... not once. I promise. I just... " He paused. Kwangmin was obviously looking for answers... but he could never give him what he wanted. 

"What is it?... Please, if you tell me about it I can help you manage the problem." Oh if only you could. Kwangmin got up off of the floor, and sat on the side of Minwoo's bed, his hands still firmly gripping his dongsaengs. 

He smelt amazing, was all Minwoo could think. What the hell was going on? First the dream... now Kwangmin brings this up? 

Minwoo pulled his hands away and to his side. Why? Because he'd seen what happens when he simply doesnt move at all. 

Kwangmin sighed and got up. "...Fine. I'll go get your medicine and you go back to sleep." Leaving the room, Minwoo wanted to swallowed by the world, never to be seen again. Why was this so hard? Its not like Kwangmin had the same feelings so why was it so hard to pretend around him. Tears filled his eyes. He felt so miserable, everything was getting to him. 

Walking back in, Kwangmin sat by the bed again and held a glass of water and some medicine. "Yah... turn around and sit up so you can take this... I'll leave you after that. If you wake up and need anything, just call." Kwangmins voice had a coldness to it that Minwoo was sure was from hurt. 

Sitting up, and turning, Minwoo kept his eyes down, he didn't want Kwangmin to see his tears that were about to fall any second. "...Kamsa Hamnida." His voice broke as he said thank you, and there they went. Tears began to fall onto his cheeks. He turned his head thurther away. 

Kwangmin tilted his head. He had noticed. 

"...Yah... why are you crying?...do you feel that bad?" Kwangmin placed a hand on his dongsaengs shoulder. "Want me to call Donghyun?" 

Minwoo shook his head, took the medicine, and lay down. Tears soaking into his pillow. 

Kwangmin didn't leave... but he didn't ask anything else either. 

Half and hour past before Minwoo said anything. 

"...I miss you and Youngmin a lot." His voice was still shaky from tears. 

Kwangmin's attention was immediately fixed on Minwoo. 

"I miss you so much sometimes... I wonder why I push you away, but then I remember and I distance myself even more. It's so hard to keep yourself from people you love... and I do." He sniffed and took a deep breath. "...Youngmin and Kwangmin Hyung, I love and miss... but I stay away because If I don't... you will know because you know me so well... and I can't let you know." 

Kwangmin sat on the edge of the bed again, and Minwoo's shoulder gently trying to calm the distraught younger boy. "Whatever it is... you don't have to keep it from us... I promise you we will handle whatever it is." There it was again. That soothing tone Kwangmin always had. 

Minwoo's heart felt like it was dieing. He was so close to breaking but he would lose everything if he did. 

"Anio... " he shook his head and took another breath. "...It kills me to push you away... both of you... but Kwangmin hyung the most. I love you the most." He closed his eyes tight and a new set of hot tears scolded his cheeks. 

Kwangmin's hands paused. Minwoo was sure that was it. He was sure he would leave him.

All of the sudden, Minwoo found himself embraced by warm, long arms. It was Kwangmin. 

He stopped breathing. His eyes wide. 

Pulling the duvet up, Kwangmin lay down beside Minwoo and rested his head on his shoulder. He didn't care if he was facing away... he wanted to comfort him and let him know it was okay. 

Minwoo felt dizzy. Kwangmins body pressed up against his own. He was so warm. His arms holding him so tightly. He closed his eyes. Stray tears gently falling and dissapearing like the others. 

"...hyung-nim." He must have sounded so pathetic. 

Kwangmin closed his eyes and sighed. "Minwoo... I don't mind if you can't tell me. Please... Im begging you not to push us away anymore. Whatever it is... even if you can't tell us... even if I find out what it is... unless it is what you want, nothing will ever change between us. I miss you... we both miss you." Kwangmin nuzzled Minwoo's shoulder and prayed he would stay as they were.

Minwoo was speechless. Was Kwangmin really okay with that?... he was okay that he was keeping a secret?

A new wave of tears and his heart felt, for the first time in months, a relief. 

Nodding. He turned in his hyungs arms and hugged closer to him. They used to do this all the time. It was just normal... and it still felt the same. It wasnt awkward at all. It felt right. 

Kwangmin pulled him closer still, untill there was no space between them. "...I'll take care of you... you just have to let me." 

Minwoo nodded and closed his eyes, feeling tired. "...Mianhae... I was just scared." 

"So you wont push us away anymore, right?" 

"Ne..."

With that, Kwangmin smiled, and closed his eyes.