Chapter 10

My Hot Sizzling Doctor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Achoo!" 

"I find it funny that a doctor gets sick and that I'm taking care of the doctor," commented Shin Hye amusedly as she handed Jong Suk a bowl of chicken soup. Jong Suk merely rolled his eyes as he accepted the bowl from her as he lay on the couch. 

"At least you're not sick because I lent you my jacket," he accused, his voice scratchy from his sore throat.

"So you're a perfect gentleman," she responded, sitting down next to him. "Plus, you offered and what kind of a lady would refuse?"

"Sure. And the definition of a lady includes having wrapped around mine," he mumbled.

"What was that?" But he conveniently had a piece of chicken in his mouth and didn't reply. 

Shin Hye had been secretly afraid right after her embarassing confession at the carnival three days ago, her fears that Jong Suk had been just playing with her would come true. Yet, she was pleasantly surprised and relieved to see that their natural rapport was still there, with Jong Suk still treating her the same with the light teasing and flirting, only now mingled with natural skinship. Now and then, she would find herself reaching for Jong Suk's hand for no reason or wanting to feel his arms around her. Jong Suk would do nearly the same, wrapping his arms around her waist as she cooked or being slightly overprotective of her when several guys stared agape at the couple when they went jogging past the water fountain. 

Of course she'd never admit it to Jong Suk (he'd have a field day teasing her to no end if he knew) but she craved spending every minute she spent with him. The apartment felt lonely whenever he left for his shifts and she was stuck inside, editing books. She often missed his intelligent wit and their snarky debates.

She'd also never admit she was kind of glad he got sick, because that meant she got to spend more time with him.

Shin Hye yawned lazily and stretched herself, cuddling up to Jong Suk like a cat. 

"You're going to catch my cold, if you get too close." He warned but he still pressed her closely to his body so she wouldn't fall off the couch. 

"Don't care," she mumbled back against his skin. His skin was feverish, but it was a lot cooler from the day before. "Looks like your cold is getting over soon."

As she lay next to him, while Jong Suk drifted off to sleep, she couldn't help but wonder if she had reciprocated his feelings much earlier what could have happened. It had been a whole decade since she had rejected his confession on their graduation day. Shin Hye had been flustered but secretly flattered as she heard his words, but there had always been a seed of doubt in her mind. That insecurity had grown from seeing the multitude of playboys at school, and Jong Suk's behavior had matched most of theirs. 

Jong Suk shifted slightly in his sleep, mumbling something incomprehendable before pulling Shin Hye closer. 

For the moment, Shin Hye forgot her worries and concentrated on Jong Suk's soft and steady breathing. His long eyelashes casted shadows over his cheekbones, camouflaging the shadows already there from the exhaustion from work and his body's efforts t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter