Chapter 13

My Hot Sizzling Doctor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You dumb . You were supposed to detain him until I could get Shin Hye away!" Lee Kyung growled in fury at the beautiful woman in front of him, his nose bloody and bruised.

Min Ah rolled her eyes. "So what? Not my fault you're not man enough to handle Jong Suk. Looking at you, it's not hard to wonder why your little girlfriend would choose him over you. Anyone with brains would, with a wimpy weakling like you."

She flinched as a lamp suddenly cascaded over her head, narrowly hitting her. Lee Kyung roared and lashed out in anger. 

Who was Lee Jong Suk to get in the way of his beautiful plan? But no matter, he would bring both Shin Hye and Jong Suk's world crashing down in a heartbeat, if it was the last thing he ever did.

Shin Hye didn't say a single word in the long car ride home. Jong Suk didn't press her. From the reflection of the windows, he could tell that her tears were beginning to fade away. 

It took every single ounce of his power not to stop the car immediately and rush to her side and kiss her tears away. Frankly, he didn't know what she was thinking right now. She'd always had a sense of insecurity from before, one he'd always tried to vanquish. Sometimes though, even with someone else's support, it took a person to heal herself. 

"Min Ah. We were classmates in medical school together." He explained softly. Shin Hye was still turned to the window, but he could tell she was listening. "I found out one day that she had misdiagnosed a patient. Min Ah tried to blame another student, who almost got expelled if I and a few others hadn't brought it forward. I'm sure that if we hadn't made the news public, her father, the Dean of the medical school, would have still let her study in his school." Jong Suk shook his head and sighed. "If she had just acknowledged her mistake, the patient would have forgiven her and things might have turned out differently." 

The car rolled into a red light. "I learned a lot of things during that time. How pride can be useful but also detrimental to a person. How the truth will always find a way to come out. How acknowledging one's mistakes and learning from them can make a person better." He gave a sideways glance at Shin Hye's unmoving back. "Min Ah and I weren't anything like what you think."

Shin Hye sighed, breaking her silence. "I believe you. I'll be honest, for a few seconds there, I thought you really were playing around on me. I guess the main reason I didn't reciprocate your feelings then in high school was because you had all those girls around you and I thought you were a player. I couldn't trust you then, especially when you kept teasing." The corner of her lips lifted up. "And I know you matured. Honestly, why any guy thinks teasing the girl he likes will get the girl to like him is such a mystery. There are better ways to get our attention you know."

"Quite." Jong Suk smiled back, relieved sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter