Chapter 5

My Hot Sizzling Doctor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh, ow, ow, ow!" Jong Suk winced as Shin Hye dabbed some alchohol on his knees, where several angry red scrapes were embedded.

"Oh, don't be a big baby. We have to make sure that you don't get a bacterial infection. Now, don't move around too much or it'll hurt even more."

Jong Suk bit his lip to stop any more pained grunts from coming out. Instead, he tried to distract himself by looking at Shin Hye, who was concentrating on wiping his knee. 

"Thanks, for blocking the volleyball that was about to hit me," she murmured. She then braced herself for the teasing that was bound to follow. But it never came.

Instead, Jong Suk merely ruffled her hair, laughing quietly when her hair stood up like a peacock's tail. "You're welcome. And thanks for taking care of my injuries."

"No problem," she replied, bending her head lower over his knee so her hair would fall in front and cover her blushing.

Shin Hye sipped at her morning tea as she mulled over her dream. Well, it was more of a memory long ago than a dream. It was towards senior year in her private high school when she started getting less annoyed by Jong Suk and more flustered. After they had all graduated though, she to follow her family's footsteps in the journalism and editorial business and he to follow his family in the medica career, they had lost contact of each other. Still, even though a whole decade of past boyfriends and dates had passed, he was the only one who was able to make her heart beat twice as fast.

No, no, no. I shouldn't be thinking about him like that. He'll probably just laugh at me if he ever finds out. Leopards can't change their spots after all.

Later in the afternoon, Shin Hye decided to venture out of her apartment for some errands. As she opened her door, she was greeted with a paper bag containing some sort of a boot and a note that said:

To Shin Hye,

Your ankle really doesn't require crutches, but wear this ankle brace if you want to walk instead of hop. Still, don't strain your foot too much.

XOXO from your personal doctor, 

Jong Suk

Shin Hye scoffed and shook her head before inserting her foot into the brace. Like always he managed to be sweet and caring while infuriatingly annoying at the same time.

It was nearly eight when Jong Suk got off from work to stop at the grocery store. He was heading into the aisle that had canned food when he spotted Shin Hye wearing the brace he had given her and struggling to reach some cans placed on the highest shelf.

"Here you go." Shin Hye turned to see Jong Suk's hand easily pluck the cans she wanted and place them in her cart.

"Thanks."

"No problem." He frowned at her loaded cart, filled to the brim with vegetables and meat. "You shouldn't stress your foot, pushing such a heavy cart. Are you expecting company?"

"Kind of. My mom said she would visit soon, but she never really specified when so I'm expecting her any time now." She bent down to grab a container of sea salt. "If she sees my fridge empty, she assumes that I can't take care of myself and will try to make me move back in with her. I love my family dearly, but I hate being under their thumb every minute of the day. It's so suffocating."

Jong Suk nodded his understanding. "Ah, here, I'll push the cart for you." He placed his hand held cart of his own purchases in her wheeled grocery cart, causing her eyebrows to lift in amusement. "What?" He asked, perplexed. 

"Well, it's not everyday I get to have the Lee Jong Suk push a grocery cart for me," she grinned.

"It's also not every day you get me to cook for anyone other than myself," he shot back.

They soon reached the cashier register to pay for their purcahses. 

"What's with all the baby food?" Shin Hye peered at Jong Suk's hand held basket and probed a bag of diapers and grinned, recalling last night's dream. "I mean you can be a big baby at time but are diapers really necessary?"

Jong Suk rolled his eyes and snatched the bag away from her, glaring at a couple of teenagers who snickered at what Shin Hye said. "For your information, that's for my nurse. She and her husband are expecting their first child but don't have enough time to buy baby supplies so I often pick things up for her," he tried to explain as the cashier scanned hs purchases.

"Uh huh. And if I go to your apartment am I going to find rattles and toys everywhere and a baby crib for the baby Jong Suk to sleep in?" She laughed at his mortified and affronted expression. 

Jong Suk frowned at her laughter and leaned closer to Shin Hye. Lowering his voice t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter