Chapter 3

My Hot Sizzling Doctor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Song to be listening to while reading: Got7's "She's A Monster".

Thanks for giving this story lots of love and support!

 

Shin Hye groaned inwardly as Jong Suk kept pace with her. 

"Are you seriously following me home?" she asked with a deadpan expression.

"Actually, I just happen to be going this way," he chuckled. As if to torment her even more, Jong Suk accelerated his pace just a little bit so he could be in front of her, and then turned around to jog backwards facing her. 

"You're going to trip like that. And then I'm just going stand over you and laugh in your face when you do," She said seriously.

Jong Suk shrugged, "Then you should give me a warning about what's ahead of me."

His eyes detected movement from behind her, his ears hearing the bumpity sound of a skateboarder. The path that he and Shin Hye were on was going downhill, and the skateboarder was veering a bit crookedly on the path, gravity helping him go faster. 

"Shin Hye...," he warned, his eyes trained on the skateboarder in case he lost control. 

But unfortunately, she was so annoyed by him that she wasn't paying attention. She growled, "What, Jong Suk? I swear if you   " 

Suddenly Jong Suk pulled Shin Hye off the path, milliseconds before the skateboarder passed right through the spot she was moments before, both of them tumbling into the grass nearby.

"Sorry!" The skateboarder yelled as he sped down the path, trying to regain control of his speed.

Shin Hye was lying right on top of Jong Suk, who winced as he felt small stones dig into his back. "Shin Hye, you okay?"

Shin Hye blew some strands of hair that had fallen out of her ponytail before trying to get up, carefully detangling herself from Jong Suk.

"Yeah, I think I'm   ow, ow, ouch!" She flinched when she tried putting her weight on her left foot, almost collapsing as a searing pain ran up her ankle and leg. 

Jong Suk quickly put out his arms to steady her, carefully lowering her to sit on the grass. "Where does it hurt, here?" He gingerly probed her left ankle, then retracted his fingers when she grimaced and whimpered in pain. He frowned and tenderly examined her ankle before asking "Can you rotate it for me? Careful now." She complied, letting loose another grimace as pain shot up from her ankle. Jong Suk sighed in relief. "Well, it's not broken so that's good. It's just slightly sprained. Here, let's get you up."

Together the two stood up, with Shin Hye's right arm wrapped securely around Jong Suk's shoulder. 

"Thanks for getting me out of the way, though," Shin Hye grudging admitted. It kind of pained her to thank Jong Suk for anything, but she did somewhat owe him her life, or at least an injury much more serious than a sprained ankle. 

Jong Suk grinned and ruffled her hair. "You're welcome, milady. But for now, piggyback or bridal style?"

"What?" Shin Hye blinked her eyes confusedly at him.

"You can't walk home like this since you shouldn't be stressing your ankle. So it's either I give you a piggyback ride, or I'm carrying you bridal style. Pick or I pick for you."

"What, no way!"

"Ok, bridal style it is." He leaned down to pick her up behind the knee with one hand and the other hand slung around her back.

"Okay, okay, piggyback style." She hurriedly said. "Hurry up and bend down."

Jong Suk grinned as he kneeled for her to get on. "Pushy as always, monster." He didn't even grunt when Shin Hye smacked his shoulder. "All good? Then up we go." His hands went behind him to grasp her legs firmly and her arms locked around his neck. 

"I don't suppose I have to give you directions to my house, do I? I bet you already googled the directions to my apartment," Shin Hye groused, unconsciously leaning her chin on his shoulder to be more comfortable.

Jong Suk smiled. "By the way, Shin Hye, have you met your new neighbor yet?"

She furrowed her brows. "My new neighbor, how did you know about that, you stalker?" Then realization dawned on her, mouth opening in shock. "Oh, no. No, no. no. You can not be my new neighbor."

Jong Suk only laughed and adjusted her on his back so he could carry her better. 

All along the way back to their apartment complex, Shin Hye and Jong Suk quipped and quibbled, eliciting stares from passerby. 

"Ah, you guys look so cute together," one teenager remarked as Shin Hye flushed. 

Jong Suk nudged her with his shoulder, "You hear that? We look adorable together."

"Ah, shut up," she replied, hiding her face in the back of his neck in embarassment. 

They were backtracking their steps as Shin Hye had said it would be faster. The two were soon approaching the water fountain again, where some of Shin Hye's fanboys were still lingering. The small crowd of fanboys were talking about the arrival of the new competitor. 

"Please, just because he's tall and good-looking doesn't mean he'll win her heart! It's all about personality," one said. He was the one who had told Jong Suk he was holding up the line. 

Suddenly, all conversation vanished as the image of Jong Suk carrying their beloved princess on his back appeared. The two looked comfortable, even as now and then Shin Hye looked annoyed, she was still laughing and talking. 

"No way. How did he get to do that? We were here first!" Another fanboy watched with his mouth in an 'O' shape.

Bemused they could only stand by and watch as the pair passed by them, completely oblivious to the stares.

The secu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter