Chapter 6

My Hot Sizzling Doctor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Sup guys, as always thank you for reading! While you're reading the update, is it too much trouble to ask you guys to think of a name for Shin Hye's brother? Some suggestions I was thinking of could be Shin Hye's real brother's name or Chanyeol from EXO. Thanks all!

 

When Jong Suk exited Shin Hye's apartment, he was relieved to see tha she hadn't gone far. He had been prepared to run down the stairs to go after her but she was just leaning against the hallway wall. Without saying a word, he gently put his hands on her shoulders and directed her towards his apartment a few feet away.

"You can stay here until your 'guests' leave." He said as he put his groceries away.

"You don't think my aunt would do anything to my apartment, would she?" Shin Hye wondered, biting her lip in worry as she sank down on his couch. 

"They would have to stupid to do that. There's cameras in the hallways that can capture them if they decided to trash it. Kind of childish if they did, too." He retracted his head from his fridge and tossed her a can of lemonade. "Well, now I guess you can check out that I really don't sleep in a crib," he joked, trying to lighten the mood, and was rewarded with a wry smile from Shin Hye. Unfortunately, she became serious the next moment again.

"My aunt really doesn't seem to like you very much, and I have a feeling you know why," she peered at Jong Suk over her lemonade. 

He sat on the armchair next to her and and popped open his own can. "Seriously? I thought you would know about what happened, considering that your family and company are involved."

Shin Hye made a face. "My aunt and uncle stopped being a good family to be honest, ever since my dad's accident." Seeing Jong Suk's confusion in his eyes, she quickly summarized her life events. "My Appa got into a car accident that left his brain, well, addled. He's not in his best condition and has the emotional and mental capabilities of an eight year old. My uncle and aunt were worried about it may do to the company's reputation, so they stuffed him away to a mental hospital without my mom's permission, and pretended ever since then that my side of the family doesn't exist and cut off all financial and emotional support. Truthfully I'd prefer it to be that way too, since I've been ignoring them for years now.

"But then my aunt and uncle aren't able to have children on their own, yet they'd rather give the ownership of the company to someone they can control, like Lee Kyung. But to justify handing over the family company to someone other than me or my younger brother to the Board of Directors, they want it to be my husband who they could control." She groaned in exasperation. "Which is why they suddenly appeared in my life after years of absence and now I'm always being set up with blind dates for the past year or so. And Omma only goes along with it because she thinks I need male companionship or I'm going to die an old spinster. Now, what about you?"

Jong Suk leaned back and scratched his neck, "Well, that explains why you haven't heard about the fraudulent malpractice case."

Shin Hye blinked as she had never heard one word of this. "What's that? I didn't even know that my family's company was in trouble to be honest."

"Well, about three years ago your family's publishing company ran an article about my father being sued for malpractice. The journalist apparently didn't check thoroughly on all the facts though and tried to tell the executives, but the newspaper ran it anyways as headlines news. Then television news got ahold of it and my father's hospital where he worked at suffered a huge reputation blow. But when the truth came out that my father had never done malpractice, the hospital sued for slander and won almost all the company's assets when the trial ended last year. Which is why your family's company hasn't been doing so well." He looked cautiously at Shin Hye. "To be honest, I thought you knew about the situation and that was why you disliked me."

"Oh, that's not the reason why I dislike you." She quirked her lips up at Jong Suk's fake hurt expression. "We're neutral as of right now. It's not too bad having a doctor for a neighbor." She raised her ankle brace off the couch for a few inches as if to prove her point. "But I also guess that makes sense since my blind dates and my aunt started magically appearing in my life a year ago." She sighed for what must have been the twentieth time today. "And now, my aunt and Lee Kyung probably think that I'm dating you because you walked into the apartment with me. No wonder she was so vehemently against you. And I still don't know how they got into my apartment."

They sipped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter