Chapter 9

My Hot Sizzling Doctor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: So I'm leaving for college within the next couple days, and it'll definitely construct my time quite a bit since it's well known for its academic rigor and competition and I'm trying to get straight As for medical school. I unfortunately won't be able to update as regularly as I can but I will update at least once a week or whenever I can. I appreciate everyone's comments and your love for my stories and I'll do my best to reciprocate!

 

 

"Oh look! A carnival!" Shin Hye pressed her nose against the car's window, looking at the twinkling lights reflecting off the grey and gloomy sky and the fair's cheerful music that found their way through the car's walls. "Wait, why are we turning    "

Jong Suk had swung the car around off the highway and started heading towards the vibrant lights of the carnival. 

"Are we really going there? Really, really?" Even as a twenty eight year old, Shin Hye was bouncing eagerly up and down in her seat.

"Wow, Shin Hye, it's like you've never been to one before." He was amused by her antics and exuberance that most  women did not usually exude at her age.

She turned back from her window to flash him a toothy smile. "Well, my family's form of entertainment revolved around boring and stuffy dinner and balls. My aunt would never be caught dead in a place like this. She called carnivals and amusement parks the "peasants' paradise". I swear my aunt has a stick up her ." 

But Jong Suk was pretty glad that they had deviated from their original route to go to the carnival. For one, undegrad schooling, medical school, and his current medical residency had taken so much of his time and attention that he had no time or energy for relaxation and fun. Secondly, he was always more than happy to observe Shin Hye run rampant in the carnival like a wild flower child in the woodlands.

Perhaps it was the way her eyes twinkled as Jong Suk handed her a stuffed panda from the water gun shooting contest booth, or the way the corner of his eyes crinkled as he smiled whenever she tugged at his arm and pointed out various rides that she dared him to try. 

Perhaps it was the haunted house that brought them closer together, as their hands unconsciously sought each other for comfort against the freakish sights and ghouls.

Whatever it was, the was no doubt the two were certainly closer. But whether it was in terms of friendship or something else, Jong Suk couldn't tell. 

There was a part of him that liked it and yet didn't like it when Shin Hye touched him. She was always naturally affectionate to everyone, which often drove him crazy in high school when she hugged her other girl and guy friends. Shin Hye would sometimes hug him too, but the only thing that distinguished him from all the others was that she would secretly place ice cubes down the back of his shirt right after.

It was dusk when Shin Hye pulled him into the line for the ferris wheel, which had its lights twinkling against the dark and somber clouds of the night sky. 

"At least this ride won't have you screaming like a girl," she teased to an out of breath Jong Suk. Both had just come from a whirl of roller coaster rides, each more thrilling and heart stopping than the next. 

"Please, you're the one who grabbed my hand so hard all the blood stopped. I could have lost a limb," he joked back, waving his hand dramatically.

"Oh, shut up, and stop being a baby. It's our turn now."

The ferris wheel carriage was open top, so it was basically a floating bench with a back and safety bar. It looked a lot more dangerous than the ones with small closed rooms and Jong Suk was glad he didn't have acrophobia.

He kept silent as the ferris wheel rose up and up, while Shin Hye cooed over the view, swinging her legs that dangled underneath the safety bar. 

"You're awfully quiet now," she commented. 

"Shin Hye." He quietly said. 

At the sound of his serious tone, she twiste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter