Seven

Beside You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Looking at the calendar, Yoseob sighed to himself.
"Six more days including today, six more days for her to execute the plan."
He remembered that it was the previous Monday when he overheard the conversation in the carpark. 
He remembered that they said they had two weeks.

He had went back to his office to run background checks, after lunch and afternoon nap time with Junhyung yesterday, on Gayoon and her family but it didn't seem like they were facing any problems nor did they have any bad blood with the Yongs.
Kikwang himself could not identify any strange happenings the previous week other than the emails he received. 
If Gayoon only had two weeks, then why did nothing happen yet?
Why did the happenings occur to Yoseob only? His mother was almost killed, his fake photo was almost released but it was strange.
Strange because Junhyung was the target but nothing was targetted at him. 
Groaning to himself, he grabbed his head in frustration as he struggled to figure out what exactly the plan was. 

His phone rang all of a sudden and he jumped up from the couch in shock.
Shaking his head and calming himself down, he walked to his phone and picked it up.

"Yoseob! I... have another new dessert!"

"Doojoon ah, I'm not really in the mood..."

"Oh come on! Junhyung rejected me because of a meeting, not you too! I know you're on leave for the rest of the week so come now! I'm not taking no for an answer!"

With that, Doojoon hung up and Yoseob stared at his phone incredulously.
Figuring that he would probably still be stuck in frustration and confusion at home, he sighed and made his way to the restaurant.
He could not let Junhyung know what was going on as he was sure that Junhyung would be all overprotective but he needed to solve this mystery.
So, it didn't seem like a bad idea to look for Doojoon and gain some new perspectives.

---------------

"Try it, try it!"

Yoseob tentatively took a bite of the soft, black...thing.
Raising his eyebrows, he stared at the overly excited owner infront of him, "this is amazing!"

"I knew it! This would definitely become our best seller! I haven't figured a name for it though! I also haven't figured how to make it look --- Yoseob ah, are you okay?"

Yoseob had zoned out from Doojoon's ramblings as his mind went back to Gayoon. 
He placed the dessert spoon down by the bowl and interwined his fingers together as he stared seriously at Doojoon. 

"I'm going to tell you something but you've got to promise not to tell Junhyung anything."

"I've got to know what the 'something' is first. I'm not going to keep secrets from Junhyung especially if it involves you. He would kill me if he knew I was hiding things about you from him."

"Promise me." Yoseob repeated, staring firmly into Doojoon's eyes.

"You're scaring me. I told you, I can't."

"Promise me." 

Doojoon frowned deeply as he observed the smaller male that sat infront of him. 
Yoseob was never this serious, never this adamant. Curiosity got the better of him and so, he agreed, nodding his head hesitatingly.
Yoseob then breathed in deeply and explained the whole situation to Doojoon.

"So you're saying, Gayoon wants to harm Junhyung?"

"Yes, or so it seems. But there are so many questionable points. 
Firstly, Gayoon doesn't seem like that at all. Secondly, there is no reason for her to do that.
And lastly, the first message I got didn't make sense. What did she not want me to say? 
For the second message when she said she lost, I understood that it's probably because she lost Junhyung to me. 
But I really don't understand the first message." 

"Why don't you just ask her?"

"Are you nuts?! You mean I'm supposed to go up to her and ask, 'hey Gayoon, what's up? Why do you want to harm Junhyung?' " 

"Why not? You confronted Kikwang when you saw the first message."

"Well that time, my mother was almost hurt so I was rash! But now, I think it would just be alerting her if she knew I suspected her!"

"But there's really nothing you can do now but ask her straight."

"Doojoon, I came here for advice, not for a suicidal plan. If I asked her straight, she might just go bonkers and kill Junhyung on the spot!"

"You've been watching too much dramas already. I still think you should talk to her straight. You've got nothing to lose." 

"I---" 

Yoseob's words were interrupted as his phone rang. Seeing Junhyung's name flashing on the screen, he hurriedly picked it up.

"Junhyung?" 

"Yoseob... where are you?" 

Yoseob frowned to himself as Junhyung sounded really strange. 
The voice that left Junhyung this morning was filled with love and happiness. 
Now, however, the voice was cold and emotionless. It raised his goosebumps. 

"I'm at Doojoon's restaurant. What's up?"

"With?" The same, cold voice.

"Doojoon, of course! What's going on?" 

"Come to my office now." And he hung up.

Yoseob stared at his phone before muttering angrily to Doojoon, "Why do both of you have the habit of ordering me to go somewhere and hanging up without a proper goodbye?" 

Doojoon chuckled as Yoseob stomped out of the restaurant, got into his car and headed to Junhyung's office.
His hands gripped the steering wheel tightly because even if he was slightly annoyed by Junhyung ordering him, he knew that the conversation he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter