Five

Beside You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a Sunday morning and Yoseob was supposed to be sleeping in after the long night but he couldn't.
He did not tell Junhyung or anybody else about the message he received as he didn't want anyone to worry for him unnecessarily.
However, he frowned as he thought about the person who could have sent him that message.
As he was slicing the garlic he needed to prepare breakfast, he accidentally cut himself. 
Yelping in shock, he heard quick footsteps and before he knew it, Junhyung was holding his injured finger under running water and treating the wound with the first aid box that their apartment had. 

"Why are you awake at such an early timing?" Yoseob asked as he watched Junhyung bandaging his finger.

"I've a meeting with an overseas partner today so I'm heading to the office for a little while." 

"I'll go with you." 

"Why?" 

"I don't want to stay alone at home," Yoseob lied.

"Alright, but you've to stop preparing breakfast for today since you're injured. We'll go buy breakfast and have it in my office."

"It's just a cut. My finger wasn't amputated."

"Still... Listen to me alright?"

Yoseob sighed in defeat as he agreed. 
It wasn't long before both males were dressed up and ready to head out. 
As they were heading to Junhyung's car, Yoseob kept turning his head and looking around.

"What's wrong?"

"Don't you feel that someone is watching us?" 

"No, come on, don't think too much. Let's go."

While entering the car, Yoseob was certain he saw someone from the car's side mirror. 
Turning his head quickly, he saw nobody and glancing around, the carpark was indeed empty.
Shaking his head as he thought he was seeing things from sleeping so little, he closed the car's door and settled comfortably into the seat.

"Yoseob ah, you've been a little uptight since last night. Did what happen to your mum scare you?
Don't be afraid alright? I've made sure that no one except us can visit your mother and that they do more frequent routine checks so as to ensure no one is able to sneak in." 

Nodding his head, Yoseob replied, "Thanks... I'm fine. I guess I'm just lacking of sleep."
As he stared out of the window, the content of the message that was sent to him kept ringing in his head.
When they finally reached Junhyung's office, Yoseob saw Kikwang standing outside with a document in his hand.

"Mr Yong, this is the document you asked for the meeting. I've set up the computer and camera already."

"Thank you Kikwang." 

Turning to Yoseob, Junhyung pulled him to a comfortable looking armchair and sat him down.
"I'm going for the meeting, will be done in an hour at most alright? You just stay here and wait for me." 

Yoseob smiled, "Yes, I'll glue myself here Mr Worrywart." 

Patting his head, Junhyung grinned and went into his office, closing the door behind him.
The moment Yoseob heard the door clicked, he counted to ten slowly before standing and walking towards Kikwang's table which was situated right outside Junhyung's office door, ready for what he had been planning to do when he said he wanted to go to Junhyung's office.

"What do you want?"

"Sorry?"

"I'm asking you, what do you want? Why did you do that to my mum? Why did you send me that message?"

"I don't understand what you are talking about."

Slamming his hands on Kikwang's table, Yoseob whispered harshly, "Do whatever you want to me but don't even think of hurting the people around me. What exactly do you want?"

Kikwang stared at Yoseob confusedly, "I think you've had some misunderstanding..."

"Was it because I know that you like the same gender? If that's the case, then you have nothing to worry about. 
I'm in the same boat and I don't blabber such stuff to everybody. I respect that it's your privacy and you don't have to be so vicious just to keep it a secret."

"I'm sorry, Yoseob. But I really have completely no idea of what you are talking about. 
Yes, I was startled when I saw you last night but that was only because I'm afraid you might tell Mr Yong who might fire me. 
But I swear I did nothing vicious and I swear that I did not do anything to your mother and send you that message." 

Yoseob eyed him and as he looked into Kikwang's eyes, he couldn't help but find himself believing Kikwang's words.
That was a problem then.
He had been very certain that Kikwang was the one who wanted to harm Junhyung, the one who sent him that message.
Now, however, he was completely clueless.

"I don't wish to be a busybody but Yoseob, somebody threatened you and attempted to hurt your mother? Does Mr Yong knows about it?"

"Yes, yes and half yes and half no. He knows that someone attempted to hurt my mum but he doesn't know about the threat."

"This is serious. Is your mum alright? Is she being accompanied at home? What if the same person looked for her again?"

Yoseob stared at the male in front of him and he realised why Junhyung had so much trust in him to make him his personal assistant.
This man looked reliable and his eyes conveyed much dependency and honesty. 

"My mum isn't at home..She's alright for now and well protected. I'm just worried for Junhyung."

"Mr Yong? What has it got to do with him?"

"It's nothing..."

"Yoseob, I'll show you something that I received two days ago. Because what you're experiencing now, is pretty similar to what I'm experiencing."

Curiosity peaked in Yoseob as he glanced at Kikwang's computer screen and gasped as he saw a photo of himself. 
It was no ordinary photo as it was a photo of him in a dark alley, completely and in the arms of another completely Doojoon. 

"This... this isn't real!"

"I figured. Last night, I saw you with that man. I hid but I saw bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter