Six

Beside You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was so wrong, he shouldn't be doing this, he should be moving away, he should push back now, before it's too late.
But then, it might already be too late.

It was heightened pleasure accompanied by intense guilt. 
Yoseob knew that what he was doing right now would be as good as marking the end of this friendship.
He knew that the longer their lips remain connected, the more their friendship would be affected.
But, he needed this so much.

It was something he had been craving and he did not know what was it about tonight.
Was it the nagging fear that he might be hurt in the process of finding out who wanted to cause Junhyung's downfall?
Was it the post shower emotions where he was open and vulnerable and extremely needy?
Was it the pair of enchanting eyes that had hypnotized him into a deep spell that made him unable to control his actions?
Was it the profound need for him to at least taste those lips once?

He didn't know but all he knew was that he really needed this so much.
As his mind fought to regain control, as logic fought to reclaim ruling, he found himself pulling back, away from that magical, marvelous feeling from the connecting lips.
Instead of separating lips, he however felt a strong, firm and warm press on his back pushing him even closer, deepening the kiss even more.

Because Junhyung needed this just as much.

For him, it was heightened pleasure accompanied by complete realization. 
This was why he had always felt a strange tug in his heart whenever he sees Yoseob being too close to other people.
This was why he had always wanted to be the one who was there for Yoseob when he needed someone.
This was why he had always smiled, consciously and unconsciously, when he thought of Yoseob.
This was why he had always wanted to hold Yoseob, to hug him, and basically, to have plenty of skinship.
This was why he had always felt so at home, so comfortable when Yoseob was by his side.

This was what Doojoon meant when he said that Love could be right in front of him all these while.

This was why he had never wanted anything more from the females he dated.
This was why he had never felt more for the females he dated.
This was why he had never found the Love he wanted to find.

It was simply because he had already found Love just that he had never identified it.
Slowly, Junhyung opened his eyes and pulled apart from Yoseob but still holding him in his arms.
"Yoseob ah, would it be wrong of me to tell you that this feels so right?" He whispered huskily.

Yoseob stared at him with glossy eyes, gulping as he tried to find his voice, "Then would it be wrong of me to tell you this was something I've always wanted to do?" 

"How long have we been searching blindly? How long have we been so, so silly?"

"I've stopped searching five years ago. And since then, I have been so, so silly..." 

Junhyung choked on his emotions as he watched the tears fall from Yoseob's eyes.
He pulled Yoseob into a warm embrace, tucking the smaller male's head under his chin, on his chest. 
He fitted so nicely, as if it was where he belonged and Junhyung smiled to himself as he thought, "it was indeed where Yoseob belonged."

Burying his face into Yoseob's hair, he murmured gently but clearly.

"I'm sorry. It seems like between us, I'm the incredibly dim one. 
I've been searching everywhere, far and wide when you've been here, close by. 
From now on, I'm done. I'm done being so stupid. I'm done with thinking that whatever I had for you was because you're my best friend.
I should've know. How something this magical, this extraordinary, this fascinating, this heartwarming, this special...be simply friendship?
Doojoon was right. I've been looking for Love at all the wrong places. 
I couldn't find it because I didn't even know what it was. But now I know, now I've realised, that it was right here all along.
I'm so sorry, Yoseob ah. That you've suffered silently for so long just because of my stupidity." 

Yoseob shook his head and looked up into the eyes that he loved so much.
His own eyes were large, innocent and filled with love. Just watching it twinkle made Junhyung's heart beat so quickly.

"I'm sorry because I never thought you would return whatever I was feeling. 
I played a part in delaying this moment too. I am almost as stupid as you." 

"Almost? You just can't ever lose to me huh." Junhyung grinned as he thought of how Yoseob was still as prideful as ever, even in the most romantic moment. 

Yoseob's eyes sparkled as he chuckled softly, "Yeah. You're obviously the dumbest."
Kissing his forehead sweetly, Junhyung smiled and closed his eyes, "Yes I was, but not anymore... because now, I've got you and I'm not letting you go."

The night passed peacefully as the couple slept away in bliss. 
It was night of realization, of contentment, of Love...

----------

Yoseob woke up smiling to himself. It had been awhile since he had such a good sleep, a good dream.
He inhaled deeply and smelled the heavenly scent of a man. 
Opening his eyes, he adjusted to the bright room and caught sight of a clothed body in front of him.
He stared, mouth gaping, at the peacefully rising and falling of the chest that lay in his sight. 

As his eyes moved upwards to the smooth neck, to the masculine adam's apple, to the firm jawline, to the inviting lips, to the pointed nose before his eyes landed at the eyelids that currently covered his favorite pair of eyes ever. 

He blinked furiously as realization hit him. 
Last night wasn't a dream. Everything was real. 
His heart felt like it was exploding with joy and as if Junhyung could hear the fireworks that were exploding in Yoseob's mind, he slowly opened his eyes.

As their eyes met, their smiles grew.
As their smiles grew, their distance narrowed. 
As their distance narrowed, their lips met.
As their lips met, their eyes closed.
As their eyes clo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter