Ten

Beside You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoseob's face was scrunched up in confusion and his throbbing head wasn't helping at all.
The man pushed his chair even closer to Yoseob while opening up his own legs until Yoseob's chair was situated between his legs with Yoseob facing him directly.

"How could you remember me as Kikwang's ex only? Does it really mean you have really forgotten me?" 

Yoseob tilted his head slightly as he looked at the man apologetically, "I'm sorry but I really don't know who you are." 

Chuckling softly, the man brushed a thumb across Yoseob's cheek slightly, "You're still as cute as ever. As innocent as ever. So let me enlighten you. 
I staged the conversation you overheard in the carpark. I wanted you to know that someone was out to get Junhyung. 
I wanted you to run to Junhyung, to get into a fight with Junhyung over Kikwang but it seemed like you guys settled it really quickly. 
Then, the day you saw Kikwang and I, I knew I couldn't afford you telling that to Junhyung. I needed to remain in the company, to be close to you. 
So I had to give you a threat, thus I did that to your mother. But believe me my dear, I would never hurt her. 
Then I wanted Kikwang and Gayoon to give that fake photo to Junhyung but they never did no matter how I threatened them. 

On Monday, I actually was hiding under Kikwang's table, he let me in cause I lied that I was upset about his and my breakup. 
And when you guys started suspected Gayoon, boy was I delighted. I figured it would cause you and Junhyung to have a fall out regarding that. 
However, that happiness was short lived. Because through a crack of the table, I had to witness Yong Jun Hyung kissing you and hugging you.
You had no idea how much I wanted to run out and punch him in the face.

Nevermind that, the next day, I planted the photo in his office and hid under the couch, hoping to listen to a massive fall out.
Instead, as I heard you all communicate, as I watched your feet and his feet, I saw your clothes landing on the ground. 
It was to my greatest horror when I realised that you were actually showing him your bare body. 
The precious body that I have not even seen, I have not even touched. How dare he lay his filthy eyes on it?!

That was what got me thinking... I had to do something more.
All that I've done, they weren't working. So the most direct thing I could do to have you, is to actually bring you to me.
That's why I meddled with your brakes, knowing that you're so smart and you would crash safely but would be too weak to struggle against me as I bring you to my house. And look! It worked! Here you are, with me!" 

Yoseob stared at the man as his brain tried really hard to process all that was being said to him despite the pounding pain on his head.

"All that you've done... they are pretty lame actually isn't it?
You have this preconceived notion that what I have with Junhyung is so weak and so easily broken.
That's why you have all these petty doings which are obviously failing very badly.
That aside, I still don't get it... Why are you so upset that I'm with Junhyung? " 

"He stole you from me! That's why!"

"I don't even know you! I wasn't even yours! What are you talking about?!"
Yoseob was utterly pissed. He was in terrible pain but this man was just ranting on and on about his pathetic attempts to break him and Junhyung up. 
It didn't help that he had no idea who this man was and why this man was so insistent that Yoseob was his. 

"Do you remember this person?" The man held out a photo to Yoseob's face.

Scrutinizing the photo for a few seconds, the look of realization dawned upon Yoseob's face.
"Woohyun! You're Woohyun?!"

"Yes! You remember me! My Yoseob remembered me!" 

"Oh goodness, can you stop calling me yours? Woohyun ah, why are you behaving so weirdly?" 

"You have always been mine," Woohyung spat vehemently, "Yong Jun Hyung tried to take you away from me but it's not possible, because you belong to me."

"Look, I really am not in the right state to argue with me, can you just please explain to me? Why are you so disturbingly attached to me?"

"Disturbing? My love is disturbing? Yoseob, don't you know that deep down, you love me too?"

Raising an eyebrow, Yoseob stared disbelievingly at Woohyun, "I couldn't even recognise you a minute ago, do you really think that I love you?"

"But Yoseob ah, we kissed! We kissed and you enjoyed it! I know you did because you were responding back to me in the kiss. That was the happiest moment of my life!"

"What? What kind of wild imagination are you having?! I have not kissed anyone but Jun---", Yoseob stopped as he had a flashback of a night, four years ago, where he was drunk and dragged away by Junhyung from kissing a guy, "Oh gosh. he was you!?" 

Nodding earnestly, Woohyun smiled, "You enjoyed it too, didn't you?" 

"I.. honestly.. don't remember it." 

Yoseob flinched as Woohyun's smile froze. Trying to cushion any more blows, Yoseob added, "But i remember you were a really kind and helpful classmate to me!"

Woohyun smiled sadly at Yoseob, "That's all? Did you ever notice how I stared at you in class all day long? 
Did you ever notice how I would pass by you so that you could say hi to me with that bright, beautiful smile of yours?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter