Two

Beside You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Feeling better?"

Giving out a long sigh and leaning deeper into Junhyung's embrace, Yoseob gazed into the pair of alluring brown eyes that shone with concern.
"Would I ever?"

A blink and the eyes now held a slight hint of amusement and tease, "How dare you. Don't you know how many girls would feel like they are in heaven when wrapped in my arms?" 

"It's precisely because I know, you idiot..." Yoseob thought to himself bitterly.
However, the words that left his lips held the tone of sarcasm, masking any slight trace of jealousy, "I said, it's not working because I'm not a girl you doofus" 

Another blink and hilarity started dancing in those pair of eyes. Eyes that Yoseob found himself so entranced by, eyes that were so genuine and expressive.
He felt the slight tremor of the warm chest that his shoulders were glued to fading off as Junhyung gradually came to a stop from laughing at his reply.
And there they were again, those eyes. There they were again, speaking to Yoseob so silently but yet so intensely.
This time, the eyes were once again shining with concern as Junhyung whispered carefully, afraid that any mistake in his phrasing of words would turn Yoseob into the crying mess that he was just a few minutes ago.

"I'm serious. Are you feeling better? We can go get something to drink or eat if you want." 

Pushing Junhyung away slightly, but not before sighing softly in disappointment at the disappearance of the warmth, Yoseob smiled assuringly to him.
"I'm much better now. I just needed to let it out because after all, it's her... it's her birthday." 

Ruffling the soft brown hair of the smiling, shorter male, Junhyung heaved a little sigh of relief and nodded understandingly. 
He had expected that today would be an extremely emotional day for his best friend.
That was why he had ensured that his schedule was completely free for today and tomorrow, just so that he could be with his best friend in his gloomiest moments.

Yoseob was like his little ball of sunshine, albeit a sarcastic and annoying one at times.
Every time when Junhyung was exhausted and drained, the energy from Yoseob radiates on him and he would feel energized. 
Every time when Junhyung was down and out, the support and listening ears from Yoseob cradles him and he would start feeling better.
Every time when Junhyung was bored and restless, the entertainment and companion from Yoseob lifts him up and he would stop feeling lonely.
Every time when Junhyung was throwing a tantrum and behaving like a child on his bad days, the understanding and guidance from Yoseob wakes him up and he would reflect and start growing up.
Every time when Junhyung was happy and excited, he was all eager to share it with Yoseob who would readily welcome it.

These had and has more or less always been the case between Junhyung and his best friend.
Yoseob had been there at his worst and at his best. There were so much more that he had received from Yoseob that it was impossible to list it down.
This was why Junhyung treasure this best friend of his.
Deep inside him, he was thankful that Yoseob had not met anybody or dated anybody yet as he was afraid that he would no longer receive the same amount of attention from Yoseob. 
He was selfish, he knew. 

Yet, Yoseob thought he was selfless. And he really was.
Because Yoseob knew that Junhyung gave him much more.

And that's why they remained as best friends. 
They were both so willing to give and receive from one another.
Their connection and understanding of each other was so deep and profound.
Their concern and worries for one another was so genuine and real.

Yoseob's stomach growled, breaking the momentary silence that had fallen upon them.
He scratched his head and grinned embarrassingly at Junhyung, "I guess we could go grab a bite."
Laughing at his best friend's antics, Junhyung slung his arm over Yoseob's shoulders casually and guided him towards his car so that they could satisfy their stomachs.

As Junhyung drove, Yoseob started commenting on the state of the inside of his car.

"Oh gosh, why can't you just throw these away when you exit from the car?" He grumbled as he stowed a few random used tissue papers into a plastic bag that he found lying around. 

"Well, I was having a flu and I was running late for the meeting so I forgot about them." 

"Then what about these sweet wrappers??" 

"I felt better and I wanted to have some sweets...?" 

Junhyung let out a bark of laughter as Yoseob whacked his head playfully for even attempting to give a reason. 

"Alright, sorry. I am just plain lazy alright? Yong Jun Hyung here is too lazy to clear up his litter and I'm sorry about that. I'll promise a cleaner car the next time you sit in here." 

"Like I'll ever. I pretty much enjoy driving my own, clean car." Yoseob scoffed.

Junhy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter