Chapter Twenty Two Part One

Lamia Febris

Chapter Twenty Two 

On their way to Ilhoon’s place Jungkook couldn’t help how uneasy he felt. At first he thought it was because he was going to another place he was new to but no…even being in the lower district where Ilhoon lived wasn’t it. While Jungkook already knew it was dangerous to be down town he didn’t know how terrifying Ilhoon was and that worried him. 

“So is this your first time coming down here, ah stupid question right? You’re probably used to the whole white picket fence type of lifestyle. I’m sorry If my neighborhood isn’t up to your standards. ”Ilhoon said, breaking the silence. Ilhoon did have Jungkook there. His parents never even le him close enough to the down town area in fear of the rogue vampires that lived there, the ones that couldn’t afford to buy their blood anymore. The lower district was dubbed as the Slaughter house because, any humans that went their always ended up getting attacked. 

“It’s fine, I’m not a human anymore.” Jungkook said, swallow down the ache he felt when he said the word anymore. 

“Vampire or no vampire, a starved vampire is dangerous to both parties, after all you’ve seen that first hand.” Ilhoon said before directing them down a different street, towards were many shabby buildings stood side by side. 

“Jungkook, I just want to let you know that I don’t blame you for what happened.”

“Blame me for what happened? What do you mean?” 

“Well surely you must know that one of the acts your parents helped pass makes it harder for man vampires to survive here. That new substitute they made is only used to help the poor. It isn’t quite as good as the real thing you see so it drives many vampires in this district to go out and search for the real thing. Because the substitute is so much cheaper in comparison to the real thing I had to suffer a bit.”

This was news to Jungkook, he knew his parents where researchers and were trying to make life easier for the vampires but he had no idea of the effects of the substitute they made. Was the starvation problem growing because of what they had created…did they die because of his parents bad actions? Did karma take his family away from him because they were actually bad people…is that why he was all alone. 

“I…I wasn’t aware of that.” Was all Jungkook could say. Who were his parents really?

“Yea they probably would have wanted to keep that a secret, after all thousands died because of it.” Ilhoon said, shrugging before placing his hands behind his neck and stretching. 

Jungkook was about to say something, defend his mother and father because that couldn’t have happened, they wouldn’t do that! Until something jumped out at them. 

“Whoa easy…” Ilhoon said, placing his hand across Jungkook’s chest. Jungkook was going to push Ilhoon away from him until he got a closer look at who, no at what jumped out at them. It had red eyes like a vampire but other than that it looked completely different. Sure it had hands and legs but it’s stature was all wrong and its mouth was rotted back to the gyms. It was nothing but walking fangs. When it opened its mouth Jungkook could hear the gurgling sounds I was making even louder. 

“Oh look, it’s one of the things your parents created, how cute.” Ilhoon said as it snarled at them. 

“W…what does it want from us, I thought vampire blood was toxic to vampires?”

“It is toxic but it can smell human all over you, must be that nerdy friend of yours who follows you around like a puppy dog but don’t worry, you aren’t scared are you?” Ilhoon asked and Jungkook could honestly say he’s never felt more worried in his life, aside from the time he almost died or the time that he almost ate Jimin. Jungkook’s fear turned him into a monster but it seemed that there were much bigger, nastier monsters in these parts. 

Jungkook swallowed hard and said, “What do we do?” and Ilhoon was happy enough to reply with a, “Let me handle it.” Before stepping forward and walked towards the crazed vampire. 

The stance he took was very similar to one that dogs would use when they were guarding coming, when they were defending something. Jungkook watched in awe as he got another look at those massive fangs that Ilhoon had. Where they always that large? While Ilhoon’s eyes were nothing special the red in them seemed a bit more cloudy…they were unclear but still scary to the average person. It must have confused the crazed vampire because it took a step back before turning to look at Jungkook and yelling. 

Jungkook could feel his vampire eye being to irritate him and his gums get raw as his fangs popped out. Jungkook let put a snarl that he hadn’t remembered ever making. Both boys stood in defensive moods, ready for what was to come.