Chapter Two

Lamia Febris

Lamia Febris

            When Jungkook woke up at the hospital the first time, it felt like his skin was boiling. It took the nurse who opened his window a total of six minutes before she realized that it was in fact the sun that was causing his immense pain, and when she left the rooms in tears he didn’t miss the way she said, she had never heard someone scream like that before; like a monster and not a boy.

            The next time Jungkook woke up, it was thankfully dark in the room and he felt starved. Jungkook had nearly broken his own wrists from trying to break free from the cuffs that held his hands to the bed. He felt something pointy break into his lips, and blood rush into his mouth. He was choking on his own blood. It took four securities guards to pin him down, one of them breaking his arm even more causing him to only scream louder. Everything hurt and he wanted to tell everyone so badly to let him go, but it wasn’t working and they were hurting him. How did they not know how much pain he was in? When Jungkook received a needle in his arm and was forced to sleep, he was thankful.

            When Jungkook woke again he finally didn’t feel pain, but a kind of dull numbness. It was as if his whole body was still sleeping while his mind was seemingly hyper aware. The room was pitch black aside from a lamp that was illuminating half of the walls in a dull orange light, Jungkook didn’t know how he knew but he felt a presence next to him. The majority of Jungkook’s face was bandaged up with slight transparent flaps over his eyes allowing him to see. To a normal person vision like this should have been nearly blinding, but Jungkook could see out of the flaps just fine. He felt a wave of panic start to boil in is stomach. His mouth was covered so he couldn’t speak and he didn’t think he would be able to even if he could. Jungkook was terrified, and even flinched when someone placed there hand on his arm.

            “Shh, calm down Kookie everything is going to be just fine.” He heard someone say, the voice a bit loud in his ears, but what shocked him more was the fact that they used his nickname. Who was this person?

            “You’re probably confused right? This is a very confusing situation Jungkook, that crash with your parents…God I’m just so thankful you’re alive, but people are going to be saying things, terrible things.” Jungkook’s visitor said, before feeling Jungkook flinch away a bit at the touch.

            “I’m your uncle Yoongi, there isn’t a need to be scared of me. I’m going to take you home once you get used to the transition, you feel different don’t you? Look Jungkook I can’t stay here long so I need to warn you about this first, people are saying some not so nice things about your parents,” Yoongi said, his voice soft and steady as if he was talking to a small child, or a freighted animal. “I won’t give you much detail because you need to heal and I want you to focus on getting better okay? But I must ask, and just nod for answer. Please this is very important and I care about your safety above everything else. I know you don’t know me, but we’re family and I care about you, so just nod when I ask, you understand right?”

            Jungkook softly nodded his head yes, and waiting for his uncles question, but never in a thousand years would he ever imagine what his uncle would ask.

            “Did your parents hurt you? Did they do anything bad to you Jungkook, because you shouldn’t be like this, you shouldn’t be a vampire and because of that you should be dead right now.” Yoongi said.

            Yoongi tried to pat Jungkook’s arm reassuringly but Jungkook flinched away. What did he mean his parents hurt him, they never did! He never even got spankings when he was little. No this wasn’t making sense, nothing was making sense! Jungkook shook his head no furiously. He thrashed about in his bed pulling with all his might, tears sliding down his still sensitive skin and everything hurt and he didn’t know why, and he just wanted his mom and dad and why…why…WHY.