Chapter Sixteen

Lamia Febris

Jungkook followed Jimin out of the school still having the taste of Taehyung linger at his tongue. Why was he so hungry for the boy? Wasn’t it wrong? To have a vampire drink another vampire like that? The best that Jungkook could do was try to focus on the constant blabbering of irrelevancy that Jimin was saying.

“Jungkook,” said Jimin Jungkook still not really paying attention.

“Yo!” said Jimin with a smush of his hand to Jungkook’s face.

“What!?” said Jungkook looking up sharply. Jimin’s eyes looked scared for a second but they softened as they kept walking.

“I was just saying that my mom’s going to have my because I just skipped the rest of school,” he said reiterating his attention forward as they rounded the corner starting to go up the incline of a hill.

“Yeh well, just say that you were terrified of me and wanted to work things out or something like that. Some type of therapeutic session so you won’t be scarred the rest of your life,” Jungkook huffed under his breath. What was with him? Why did Taehyung’s scent and pulse throw him off so much? Why did he crave him so bad? Just the thought of Taehyung’s blood on his lips left a tingle running down the back of his neck. Jungkook shivered physically.

“You ok? Seems like you need the therapy more than I do,” whispered Jimin in honesty looking at Jungkook searching for an answer in his eyes. Jungkook just shook his head and tried to change the subject.

“How far is your house?” Jungkook said looking around his surroundings. It looked like a pretty quiet neighborhood and they had walked at least ten minutes away from the school before they rounded up this hill.

“I’d say now,” said Jimin stopping in front of a gate. The gate opened up and led into a house. It was very average size almost cozy one could say. Jungkook took in the array of flowers that were set in front of the house.

“My mom likes to evolve things, you could say she created these guy in a way,” said Jimin looking down at the flowers. Jungkook watched as Jimin took his backpack off of his shoulder getting his key out and unlocking the door.

“Welcome to my humble abode,” he said gesturing a hand for Jungkook to enter. Jungkook stepped into the house covered in wooden floors.

“Shoes off! I just cleaned the floor like two days ago,” said Jimin swiftly taking his shoes off at the door and moving to go into the hallway. Jungkook did as he said and followed the boy.

“Now since I’m not an awesome blood creature I don’t really have blood in stock in my refrigerator at the moment so will a raw steak be ok? My mom said she was going to cook it tonight but I think she won’t really miss it, she’s not that great of a cook,” said Jimin hauling out a big piece of raw steak.

“Yeah I guess that’ll be fine, I’ll take anything at this point,” said Jungkook starting to feel his gums swell in irritation. Jimin opened up the raw steak package and put the large piece of bloody meat on a plastic plate. He pushed the plate over to Jungkook and Jungkook didn’t hesitate to sink his teeth into it.

The taste was nothing like that of the blood his uncle gave him, nor was it even close to the taste of Taehyung but it’d had to do for the time being. Jungkook didn’t even realize that Jimin was staring at him the entire time.

“Can you not stare at me?” said Jungkook with the steak still pronged to his teeth. Jimin only tipped his head to the side staring harder.

“Does the meat naturally stick to your teeth like that? Is it like the material of the fangs or something?” he said moving extremely close to Jungkook’s mouth.

“Dude,” said Jungkook spitting a bit of blood out of his mouth as he stepped back away from Jimin, Jimin looked hungrier than Jungkook did.

“Sorry sorry,” said Jimin wiping the wet blood off of his cheek that Jungkook accidently spit. When Jungkook was done the once juicy steak looked like a dry pepper.

“What do you want me to do with this?” asked Jungkook looking down at the raw meat he’d just dry. Jimin took the meat and put it back on the plastic plate dumping both into the trash.

“To my room we go!” he said excitedly as he grabbed his backpack off the floor flying up the stairs. Jungkook shook his head at the childish boy and followed him up.

Jimin’s room was full of what anyone would think a nerd’s room would be full of. He didn’t have that many action figures but he did have a bookshelf full of manga and comics. His bed had a comforter that had the galaxy on it and his walls were full of posters of women in cosplay dresses.

“You’re so weird,” said Jungkook as he stared at the posters and the rest of Jimin’s room.

“Don’t hate cause you don’t live in my crib,” said Jimin not offended at Jungkook’s comment as he sat in front of his computer. Jimin pulled out the chip that Jungkook had grabbed earlier and continued to insert the small device into his computer. Not to mention his computer desk was literally like one off of a spy movie. He had three screens, one keyboard, a printer, a fax machine, and two speakers that dressed the sides of his desk.

“What exactly is the reason for all of this?” said Jungkook moving over to trace his fingers over the boarder of the screen to the left of the one Jimin was typing on.

“Well it helps get my homework done and I research, I told you. Everything is constantly growing and interesting me, so I need to keep up. Plus I built the one you’re touching,” said Jimin not moving his eyes from the screen.

“You built this?” said Jungkook his eyes widening, this punk was way more intelligent than Jungkook gave him credit for.

“Yes, it’s a replica of the one I’m on right now. And my mom got me the second one after this one broke, but I ended up fixing it so I have three,” he said furiously typing staring straight at the computer. He was serious.

“Here we go.”