Chapter Fourteen

Lamia Febris

Jimin had given Jungkook a small earpiece to put into his ear, he didn’t even bother to ask the wiz kid where he got it from for all he knew he could’ve probably made it from scratch himself.

“Ok, can you hear me?” said Jimin in Jungkook’s here as Jungkook went back into the secret doorway of the locker.

“Yes,” he said whispering into the collar of the school uniform jacket where Jimin put a little microphone.

“Oh man this is so cool I’ve always wanted to work with a spy,” Jimin said excitedly as Jungkook could hear the chair rocking back and forth probably from Jimin’s excitement.

“Jimin! Focus! We need to do this quick we don’t have much time,” said Jungkook starting to walk down the hall after he closed the secret door locker.

“Ok ok fine, sheesh way to ruin my fun. I could lead you into the girl’s locker room if I wanted to and get you in big trouble mister,” said Jimin under his breath forgetting that Jungkook could hear everything.

“Jimin,” Jungkook said.

“Although that wouldn’t be much of a punishment,” Jimin said to himself still through the microphone in Jungkook’s ear.

“Jimin!”

“What!? Where!? Who!?”

“Focus!” said Jungkook trying to be as patient a possible as he got to the end of the hall.

“I’m sorry I’m sorry it’s just been a rough dating season for me ok I just don’t know what I’m doing wrong with the ladies~” continued Jimin obviously not understanding what the word “focus” meant.

“I will come back into that locker and turn you into a lady if you don’t focus now which way do I go?” interrupted Jungkook.

“Fine Mr. Grumpy pants,” said Jimin not fazed by Jungkook’s threat, it was good. It meant they were adjusting to each other’s personality.

“Go left,” said Jimin as he heard Jimin typing on the keyboard. Jungkook followed the boy’s instructions and turned left down the hall.

“On your right hand side about two doors down there will be a staircase,” he said in Jungkook’s ear. He was right.

“Go down it?”

“That’s why I mention it~” sang Jimin sarcastically. Jungkook rolled his eyes and went down the flight of stairs.

“Take a right and the entrance to the room should be the third door down the hall next to the red lockers,” said Jimin as Jungkook heard a crisply like sound in is ear.

“Jimin?” he asked a he started to think the earpiece was going out of service, “Jimin!” he said pulling his jacket up to his mouth to speak louder into the mic. Jungkook stopped in the hallway and didn’t hear anything.

“Jimin,” he said again into the mic. After a moment of pure silence,

“Hahaha gotchyu!” said Jimin with his bubbly unique laugh. Jungkook breathed deeply thankful that his new partner in crime was actually still there.

“I’m going to kill you what was that?” said Jungkook shaking his head continuing walking down the hall.

“A jolly rancher wrapper,” he said giggling, “I just put it to the mic to make you think the signal was lost. Jimin! Jimin! Oh you do love me,” said Jimin playfully.

“Focus,” said Jungkook in a more cut tone as he got to the door next to the red lockers.

“Where will the camera be?” said Jungkook started to feel his pulse amp up a bit.  If he saw Taehyung down here didn’t know what would happen. His blood tasted different, and even though he could control himself he didn’t know if Taehyung would in the sight of him. Payback’s a in high school.

“The camera will be in the upper corner next to the window across the room as soon as you get in there. You can’t miss it, I mean you can if you don’t look close enough but it’s there,” said Jimin on his jolly rancher. Jungkook shook his head at the extra information Jimin gave him.

Jungkook took a deep breath and knocked on the door slowly opening it.

“No one should be in there, that wing has been dismissed outside for their physical activity hour. Your clear now hurry up,” said Jimin hurriedly in a whisper. Jungkook opened the door and closed it walking over to the corner. He looked closely and even though it was dark in the room he could see the camera. He looked around and grabbed a chair and stood up on it, using only the light from the windows to see what he was doing.

“Now what?” he said into his jacket.

“Behind the camera there should be a button you can slide up, these are new models so hopefully it’ll be like the one I replicated at home,” said Jimin excited with himself.

“Jimin!” said Jungkook impatiently not wanting to run into anyone here.

“Ok ok sheesh. Look to the left of the camera underneath it. Do you see a sliding button?” Jimin said.

“Yeah,” said Jungkook.

“Good don’t touch that it’ll reset the battery, instead look at the button next to it it should be a pushing button. Push that and there should be a small little card popping out of the camera,” he said and Jungkook did as instructed.

“It’s here,” he said successfully pulling out the little chip and putting the camera back getting of the chair.

“Alright boys let’s bring it home. Drinks on me tonight,” said Jimin in a deep voice.

“There’s only me, why’d you say boys? And your under aged,” said Jungkook scrunching his forehead at Jimin’s movie lines.

“God do you always have to ruin my fun!” said Jimin. Jungkook could hear the pouting in Jimin’s voice. Jungkook shook his head until he heard a voice.

“What the hell are you doing here?” a low and deep voice growled. Jungkook looked up and saw Taehyung with slanted eyes at him.