Chapter Nine Part One

Lamia Febris

Chapter Nine

            After the school guards had taken Jungkook away from the fight someone smiled in the distance. They made their way to the nurse’s office to where the victim was staying. The boy looked lethargic, his face pale and his breathing very shallow. The nurse on duty wasn’t in the room so they had free reign in the area. They first checked the boy’s chart, it said that he had been given a blood transfusion because Jungkook had taken so much from the victim. Opening the inside of the boy’s mouth they poked their fingers around, some blood transferring off and onto the gloves they were wearing. Perhaps if they got lucky it was a large enough sample of Jungkook’s blood to study.

            They then looked over Taehyungs tattered shirt, looking at the claw marks on the body. Normally after a transfusion wounds typically healed up quick but Taehyung still had large gashes across his chest. Most healed up leaving angry red scars into his skin but those too would fade away. When they had witnessed the fight it seemed that Jungkook didn’t have the normal fight skill set, his movements were animalistic and not trained the way Taehyung’s were. That training alone was what probably saved the boy from even worse injuries. Taehyung did fight well, but he was nothing compared to the brutal strength of the boy he went up against. He was lucky Kai had charmed Jungkook, or he would be dead right now. Looking at Taehyung’s bite wound he poked at it earning a groan from the sleeping boy. He knew Taehyung was sedated to help with the pain so he wasn’t too worried, but he still needed to be gentle.

            The bite wound was deep, it tore at flesh like an animals bite instead of the clean bite that typical vampires had. Perhaps it was because Jungkook was violent with the way he did it, but the deep marks on the inside of the fusing skin looked as though Jungkook might just have larger teeth. They would have to see if they could get a closer look of the fight from the school cameras, perhaps there was something there that they couldn’t see. Passing one last look at Taehyung they smiled, Jungkook sure was interesting.

Lamia Febris

            “So where are we going?” Jungkook asked the boy, testing the waters. He seemed nice enough and he had talked to him like a normal person and not like some freak.

            “Well I got your class schedule and it turns out we have Vampology together. It’s actually called Biology 201 but I mean we all know what it really stands for. The humans in the class get to learn about how awesome vampires are while you get to learn about stuff you already know about, well I guess you’ll be learning some of this stuff for the first time huh? Well don’t worry I’m an awesome tutor.”

            Jungkook stopped walking at that, looking at Jimin’s face. Why hadn’t he noticed before that Jimin’s eyes weren’t red at all but a dark black color. This boy was human and he was going to class full of humans and vampires.

            “I…is it safe for me to be there?” Jungkook asked, more to himself than to the boy who was giving him a puzzled look.

            “Well I mean I don’t feel scared of you if that’s the case. Besides you’ll get shot down by the guards in the class before you can bite another student. The school thinks we don’t notice that there are some fake students in the class that are actually there for everyone’s protection but we aren’t stupid, or at least I’m not stupid. You don’t seem that stupid either, but hey you never know so best bet is to stay out of harm’s way.” Jimin said before he continued to walk. Jungkook was happy that his vampire eye wasn’t hurting, it made it easier for his brain to think. Whenever his eye hurt bad things happened, whenever his eye hurt he lost control…

            As they continued down the halls Jimin asked, “I thought you were supposed to be mute. So if that sounds insensitive I was just curious is all. I want to be a vampire researcher when I go to college so I try to learn as much as I can from here and on the internet. Nothing beats learning first hand however, so do you mind?”

            “No I guess not,” Jungkook said. This boy wasn’t malicious in how he asked so Jungkook figured it what’s the harm? “When I was in the car accident my wind pipes were crushed and they didn’t heal properly until yesterday.”

            “Because you drank Taehyung’s blood?” Jimin asked. “I’ve heard very little about vampires drinking other vampire’s blood. I could have sworn I read an article that said that vampire blood tasted absolutely disgusting to other vampires but you didn’t seem to mind. Did it taste gross?” Jimin asked, tiling his head to the side. He really looked like a feline like that Jungkook thought before the question actually registered in his head. Had Taehyungs blood tasted nasty? No…Jungkook wouldn’t say that, if anything it tasted better than the human blood he had to drink. That is what tasted foul to him. Human blood tasted…unnatural while Taehyungs blood went down smoothly, just the thought of it making him a bit hungry.

            “H…his blood, I don’t remember how it tasted. I wasn’t really thinking properly at the time.” Jungkook lied. He liked this student but as Jimin said, Jungkook wasn’t stupid and it seemed like keeping secrets was one of the first steps of becoming a vampire.