Chapter Seven Part Two

Lamia Febris

Lamia Febris

            Getting up from the floor Jungkook walked mindlessly throughout the halls. This school was far larger than his old school and he still was unsure of where everything was placed. Jungkook was about to turn a corner from where he was upstairs somewhere but a figure knocked him over. Jungkook closed his eyes as he felt himself plummet to the ground. He smashed down onto the first floor with a sickening thud. There were a few screams and then it was deadly silent. Jungkook could hear another thing landing next to him, however this one was much softer.

            “Holy I totally didn’t see you there? Are you okay?” The person called but Jungkook couldn’t hear them very well. He was concentrating on the weird sensation of bones popping back in place, the way his organs seemed to be fluid within his body as they reorganized themselves. Jungkook quickly sat up and spewed blood all over the floor.

            “Dude gross…I’m not cleaning any of that off.” Said the person who knocked him over. Looking up Jungkook saw a panting Taehyung and for some reason it was like he was going blind, half of his vision going dark while the rest was tinted in a deep red.

            Jungkook wasn’t sure if it was because he had just been pushed off a ledge, or if it was the stress of a new school or even the fact that his parents died and left him all alone. What Jungkook did know however was that he was hungry and mad and Taehyung looked really ing stupid staring at him like that. Charging forward Jungkook tackled the boy to the ground, his fingers biting into the boy’s shoulders, no they weren’t just fingers any more they were sharp. Claws used to tear into flesh. People screamed all around them as they witnessed the attack but there was no screaming from Taehyung. The boy just hissed in Jungkook’s face as he lifted the boy up and off him.

            “You wanna fight, bring it!” Taehyung said, his own claws just a bit shorter than Jungkook’s. Both boys charged at each other in a feral battle, each one slashing gashes into each other making the floor slick with blood. Jungkook went to grab at Taehyungs neck but the boy was fast as he ducked down and dragged his hand across Jungkook’s face. The blood on Jungkook’s face dripping into his eyes making it blurry to see. Taehyung landed a kick to Jungkook’s middle before twisting around and landing another solid kick into the boys back sending him flying into the wall, the concreate falling around him. Taehyung stood panting as he watched Jungkook crumpled on the ground but the next thing he knew Jungkook was up and running, his roar was heard first before Jungkook’s teeth sunk into the skin between Taehyungs shoulder and neck. It was then that the boy yelled before trying to push Jungkook off him, but with each gulp Jungkook stood taller while Taehyungs body began to slump to the floor.

            “G…Get off you .” Taehyung said, before his blood slick fingers retracted their claws and his hand fell limp to his side. Jungkook was about to bite for his neck when he was suddenly yanked back by the back of his shirt.

            Looking forward Jungkook caught site of a new piece of prey. They looked strangely familiar. “Where they friend or foe?Something whispered in his head.

            “Jungkook, what did you do? You need to calm down…” They said stepping back as the dragged Taehyung behind them. Jungkook felt a growl rumble in his chest. “Was this person stealing what was his?” The same voice asked.

            “Jungkook do you recognize me? It’s Kai…you met me earlier today and I helped you out. Now I need you to help me out…can you take a deep breath for me?” For some reason Jungkook wanted to listen to this boy. Breathing in deep he smelt only blood and then…something else. It smelt musky, like the woods almost.

            “Yea…keep breathing just like that for me.” Kai said, his eyes shining a bright red. If Jungkook was in his right mind he would have noticed how everyone watching had their mouths and noses covered, or how Kai was suddenly so much closer. Why was he so sleepy? Jungkook landed onto the floor with a soft thud, one last growl sliding from his lips in warning before he passed out.