Chapter 5

Unbroken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A couple of hours later, Jiyong was wakened by Bom whimpering and shivering in her sleep. 
"Bom?" He unwrapped his arms from her waist to see what was wrong. Bom had a facial expression of someone in pain.  "Are you okay?" He asked her, but got no answer.
'Heavy sleeper!' Jiyong chuckled and laid back down, thinking there was nothing wrong with her. It wasn't until he touched his face on her neck that he felt she was warmer than she should be. 'Uh?' He brought his hand to her forehead to realize she was actually burning in fever.
Jiyong quickly stood up from the bed and saw her shivering with the lack of warm coming from him. He covered her with one more blanket before heading to the bathroom and watered a piece of towel.
When he came back to the bedroom, Bom was still there, with her pouty lips and closed eyes. Jiyong brought the wet towel to her forehead and the contact with something cold made her flinch and slowly open her eyes.
"Jiyong?"
"Shhh" He caressed her hair "Go back to sleep."
Bom nodded but kept her eyes opened, observing Jiyong sitting on the bad close to her.
"What's going on?" She asked and he chuckled.
"You have a fever." He explained. "I'll take care of you until I can call someone to go to a drugstore and buy you medicines."
"There's no need to!" Bom tried to move and sit on the bed, but wasn't able to, cause her body ached. "Ouch!" she mumbled.
"Bom, just stand still, okay?" He said and made her lay down again "Just close your eyes and sleep."
"Won't you sleep?" She asked, looking at him. 
Jiyong shook his head. "What if you need me?" He smiled at her and caressed her cheek with his thumb.
"I can wake you up..." 
"You wouldn't!" He chuckled and she weakly chuckled too. She really wouldn't. "Just go back to sleep..." Jiyong gently said "I'll be right here when you wake up." He smiled at her and that was the last thing she saw. Her eyelids were already heavy and she fell asleep again.

"I guess there will be no partying tonight either..." Bom whispered, as she woke up the second time, seeing Jiyong exactly where he was when she fell asleep. He was still watching her.
"You bet!" He smiled and caressed her hair, removing her bangs from her eyes. "How are you feeling?"
"I never knew body aches and sore throats were hangover symptoms..." She groaned and tried to sit on the bed.
Seeing her struggle, Jiying held her close and helped her to sit up. He also put a pillow behind her back to make her more comfortable.
"They're not. Those are bonus for the rain you slept under last night."
"Oh. The rain." Bom shivered "The cold rain..."
"Yep!" Jiyong put a blanket around her shoulders when he saw her shiver.
"Did I stay there for too long?"
"Don't you remember?" He glanced at her confused face.
"Not really. I slept... And then you came back..."
Jiyong grabbed an aspirin on the bedside table and a glass of water.
"Wait a second! Why did you come back?"
"After a few minutes I got in my room..." He handled her the aspirin and she took it "I was feeling uneasy about something, so I went to check on you... To see if you've gotten to the right room..." He gave her the glass of water and she drank it after taking the aspirin "When I knocked on your door, Minzy was there, still awake, saying you left and hadn't come back yet. I didn't want her to be worried so I just said we went out for a few drinks and you ended up falling asleep in my room." Jiyong finished his explanations and looked at Bom, who was still weak. "That's when I got worried as hell and found you exactly where I left you... And you know the rest." He patted her head and stood up.
Jiyong walked to the table and got a plastic bag. He came back and handled it to Bom.
"We had visitors this morning..." He sat back on the bed "And if you're wondering, it's 1pm now."
"How could I sleep for so long? Why didn't you wake me up? Jiyong! You just lost your entire morning because of me..." Weakly, Bom tried to stand from the bed, only to be stopped by Jiyong.
"Stay right where you are. You are not leaving!"
"Jiyong, you need to do your things, relax, hang out with your friends..." She argued.
"But you are my friend, Park Bom-yang. And you need me more." He countered and she pouted.
'She really needs to stop pouting like that.' Jiyong sighed without noticing.
"Are you okay?" Bom worriedly examined him.
Jiyong put his hands in her shoulder, pushing her back to the pillow. Bom didn't fight back and just leaned on it. He brought a hand to her forehead, she was still feverish, but it was better than earlier.
"I'm just fine. You are the one that's sick..."
"I'm good enough to go to my room, I promise."
"Why do you want to escape so badly?" He softly laughed at his own question.
"I just don't want to worry you..." She answered. Which was partially true.
Half of her didn't want to stay. She didn't want to bother Jiyong more than she already had. But the other half wanted to stay. Badly. This half of her was longing for the security she felt when she fell asleep on his arms the night before. Longing for a bit more of his touch, even if it was just a hand on her forehead to check her temperature.
And that's exactly why she desperately needed to leave. Bom was still healing. And despite the soft and warm feeling every time he was near her, this proximity also hurt a lot, burning her skin and stabbing her heart little by little. 
Love wasn't supposed to be like that. And it wasn't, as long as both parts felt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter