Two

Friends...

“What the happened?” Mina asked Xin who was happily sipping on his drink. She just came from the dance floor and what welcomed her back to their area was the sight of Jiyong and Chaerin leaving.

 

“They left.” Xin said indifferently as if that’s a normal thing that just happened.

 

Mina gave him an ‘I know, what the ?’ look but knew she wouldn’t get anything from getting angry at him.

 

“Why’d you insist on hooking me up with GD’s girl anyway, Mina? You know I love you lil cousin but I’m not into breaking relationships.” SooHyuk said and messed up Mina’s hair making her glare at him.

 

“They’re broken up!” she countered.

 

“It didn’t seem like that to me.” He said. “And even if they’ve broken up, I still wouldn’t try with her. I have respect for GD and I’m probably gonna model for his clothesline in the future. I wouldn’t want any bad blood between us.”

 

“Ugh. You .” Mina said but totally understanding her cousin. Too bad. SooHyuk was a good fit for Chaerin.

 

“Sorry Cuz’”

 

“Yeah yeah. Go get yourself another drink.” Mina said.

 

 

‘What can I do?’

 

His question was still lingering even when she was already lying down on her bed. When he asked the question, she couldn’t reply but just cried. She didn’t even know why that brought up too much tears but it did.

 

Thinking back to it, she chuckled, she remembered how Jiyong didn’t know what to do seeing her like that. He was moving restlessly in the confined space of his car, asking if she was okay, if she needed anything, telling her to stop crying because he’d cry too if she continued crying. In the end, he settled with just holding her hands and telling her soothing words. When she did finally stop crying, he asked her what she wanted to do next and she just said she wanted to go home so that’s what they did. He brought her home. The drive was quiet but both wanted it that way.

 

But what can he do? Can he really fix this? Can this be fixed?

 

 

“Heard about your little scene last night bro.” Taeyang said while sitting down beside Jiyong who was busy drawing or more like doodling something.

 

“Hmm.” He said, uninterested. He’s been off and disconnected the whole day. He’s been preoccupied with his own thoughts that he didn’t give a about the others, of course, except her.

 

He took a glance at his phone again, hoping for it to light up. It didn’t. That frustrated him more.

 

“Ughhh.” He groaned and ruffled his hair.

 

“Come on, man. I mean, I’m not even sure what you’re trippin’ about right now? I thought you were over her already.” Wrong move. As soon as Taeyang finished talking, the pencil that Jiyong was holding broke into two.

 

“Who the hell told you that?” Jiyong said with gritted teeth.

 

Taeyang immediately raised both hands, seeing Jiyong’s dragon eyes, as they call it. He was firing up. “Sorry, we were wrong. We just thought you were over it. We were wrong.” He said immediately to try and neutralize the situation.

 

“We?” Jiyong asked getting more irritated.

 

“Y-yeah… me and the boys. We just thought—“

 

“What made you think that?”

 

“Well… you were practically flirting with every girl that you see every time we go to the club. You haven’t been ing to us about your break up with her and you haven’t exactly done anything to get back with her.” Taeyang said hoping he didn’t add fuel to the fire.

 

“We never broke up!” Jiyong almost screamed.

 

Youngbae sighed. “Come on man, let’s be realistic here. Even if you always said she never asked for a break up but she left and it’s been three months already… that’s a break up dude.”

 

Jiyong wanted to smack his friend but didn’t because all he said is true. He has been flirting around with everybody but that was only because he knew that Chaerin was there too. He wanted to get her attention, he wanted her to get jealous, he wanted her to come back to him... but she never did. Yes, he wasn’t ing about their split but that’s only because he thought it was just temporary and was waiting for Chaerin to come back on her own. He was confident that Chaerin would come back but that confidence has been wavering especially when he saw her talking to other guys. He knew her friends were trying to hook her up with other guys and he wasn’t that worried about that but it all changed when he saw her talking to SooHyuk. He knows SooHyuk, he knows he’s a good guy, and that’s exactly why he didn’t want him near his Chaerin. He was afraid Chaerin would like him. So he let his heart act during that night and pulled Chaerin out of there.

 

Come of think of it, he has been an idiot for the past three months. He hasn’t done anything to get her back. He only tried to make her jealous. Idiot. Taeyang gave him an eye opener. That, he was thankful for... but he was still pissed that the guys thought he was over her.

 

 

“Hey baby girl… you look like .” Xin greeted as he sat down Chaerin’s bed, holding a cup of coffee he comfortably made in her kitchen while she was still asleep.

 

“Ughhm… I feel like .” Chaerin groaned and pulled the covers over her head. She doesn’t feel like getting up yet.

 

“Come on, baby girl. As much as I would love to give you your beauty rest, we have work to do. You have to organize an event for Ms. Park.” Xin said and tried to pull away the covers.

 

“Ughhh. Why do I have to do it? That .” Chaerin said bitterly and turned to lie face down.

 

“Well, because you already made a deal with her company and we can’t back out now. The show’s in less than a week.”

 

“.” Chaerin said bitterly but was already getting up.

 

“I know you hate her guts because she and Jiyong flirted but you used to be good friends.” Xin said and lied down on her bed as she got up.

 

“We were never ‘friends’” Chaerin said putting air-quotes in the word friends. “We’re just acquaintances who unfortunately had to meet because of circumstances.”

 

“Okay, baby girl. Whatever you say.” XIn said with an amused smile.

 

Chaerin just rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out before going in the bathroom.

 

 

“Good morning, Ms. Park.” Xin greeted when they saw the beautiful lady dressed in red.

 

Sandara Park turned around and flashed them her million dollar smile. “Oh hey, you’re just in time.” She said and led them through the hallway towards an empty room.

 

“Sit. Please.” She said and sat down herself. The room they were in was white, void of any furniture, only a table and two couches on each side.

 

Chaerin and Xin sat down in one couch and Sandara sat in front of them.

 

“Okay. So let’s talk business.” Sandara said as she clapped her hands together, making the sound echo in the empty room.

 

“So what concept do you want to go with?” Xin started.

 

“Uhm… I was thinking of Greek gods and goddesses or something like that. I like white. I want lots of white. I want…” Chaerin tried to concentrate on what she was saying so that she can come up with ideas on organizing her event but she couldn’t help but think about the time this flirted with Jiyong 2 days after she left him.

 

Chaerin was keeping it professional. She was writing down important stuff that Sandara was saying but then “… oh and red too! I want a tinge of red too because Jiyong said it’s a great color. Don’t you think it’s so meant to be that his favourite color is red and mine is white? We’re so matched together!” The girl said excitedly, totally indifferent of what the other party might feel. She knows Chaerin and Jiyong had a past. Everybody knew.

 

As soon as Chaerin heard Jiyong’s name, her right hand stopped moving but she didn’t look up. She tried to keep her composure. ‘How could this just mention him like that?’ she thought but then Sandara continued on talking about how they were meant to be. Chaerin broke the pen she was holding.

 

The sound of the pen breaking echoed in the room making them all silent.

 

“Did I say something wrong Miss Chaerin?” Sandara asked smugly with a smirk.

 

Chaerin plastered on her best plastic smile. “No, not at all. Sorry about that. That pencil’s old so it broke easily.” She said in an overly friendly way. Sandara was trying to get under her skin and she wouldn’t give her that benefit. Xin, on the other hand, was trying hard not to laugh at what Chaerin said. Old pencil his .

 

“Oh okay then.” Sandara said a bit disappointed she didn’t get the reaction she wanted but she’ll try one more time. She has always seen Chaerin as a rival, when they were in school and even with Jiyong. Chaerin has always won but not this time, Sandara thought, since she and Jiyong are broken up. She sees this opportunity to surpass her. “Oh and by the way, can you tell Jiyong that he’s free to come anytime he wants? He’s been texting me and probably been calling me too but my phone died so I didn’t get to tell him that. Can you pass him the message?” Sandara said with fake sweetness and Chaerin wanted to pull her hair at that moment. Before Chaerin could say or do anything rash, Xin intervened “Yeah, I’ll pass him the message and if there’s nothing else, we’ll be taking our leave. We’ll come back tomorrow for the final plan.” Xin said and pulled Chaerin to stand up. He knows that if she spends any more time in that place, there’s going to be a cat fight.

 

“Uhm. I’ll just tell you tomorrow if there’s anything more.” Sandara smiled at them.

 

Xin nodded his head once and led Chaerin out of the door. He knows Chaerin wanted to smack the hell out of that girl but that won’t be good for any of them.

 

“Come on. Just chill Chae.” Xin whispered to her seeing her clenched fists.

 

“I’m trying Xin. Real hard. But that is making it hard.” She said through gritted teeth.

 

“I know, I know. Let’s just get outta here.” Xin said and led them to his car and speedily drove off.

 

“The nerve of that !” Chaerin screamed in frustration. “Oh and red, I like red because Jiyong likes it. We’re so meant to be. Blah blah blah.” Chaerin said in a high pitched tone, imitating Sandara but with sarcasm in it. “Ugh! I can’t stand her! And Jiyong’s favourite color is gold, not red.”

 

Xin bursted out laughing. It’s not the first time he saw Chaerin like this but it was a rare sight and he always enjoyed it.

 

“Yah! Stop laughing!” Chaerin glared at him.

 

“I’m sorry. I can’t help it. You’ll laugh too if you saw yourself right now.” Xin said between laughs.

 

“I don’t think I can stand seeing her again. Can’t we get out of this?” Chaerin asked.

 

“Sorry baby girl. No can do. We’ve already signed the contract. You don’t want bad word spreading about us, do you?”

 

“Ugh… no. Fine. But if she pulls something like that again then I’m not sure if I can stop myself.” Chaerin sulked.

 

“Okay, baby girl.” Xin said and pinched her cheek.

 

 

“Mr. Kwon, Ms. Park Sandara called again asking what time you’ll go to her gallery.” His assistant asked making Jiyong roll his eyes.

 

“Just tell her I’m busy and that I’ll just send someone there to get what I need.” Jiyong said while still busy sketching something. He doesn’t want any reason to see her again.

 

“Okay.” His assistant said and stepped out of his office.

 

Jiyong has been locked in his office all day, well for three days now actually. He’s been distracting himself. It’s been three days since his conversation with Chaerin and he still hasn’t heard from her. He’s tried calling but it’s either Xin who picks it up or her assistant. Jiyong put down the pen he was holding and sighed. He leaned on the back rest of his chair and closed his eyes.

 

Ting.

 

His phone beeped signalling a text. He thought about taking it or just leaving it. He sighed and sat up reaching out for his phone on the table and unlocked it.

 

HunChae

 

His eyes widened. He blinked a couple of times to make sure and it really did say HunChae. His heart beat picked up its pace, he smiled. It’s been a while since he saw her name. He excitedly opened the message but as soon as he read the text, his smile vanished.

 

Sandara wants you to know that you can go to her place anytime. Oh and that you two are meant to be. Congrats.

 

Jiyong groaned in frustration. “The …”

 

“What happened?” Choi Seunghyun also known as TOP, his business partner/ best friend asked. He didn’t even notice he was there.

 

“When did you arrive?” Jiyong asked.

 

“I’ve been here for 2 minutes already, Ji. What’s up?” he asked as he took a seat on the comfy sofa.

 

“This just won’t stop.” Jiyong said, irritated.

 

“Who? Chaerin?” TOP said while flipping the pages of Jiyong’s sketchbook.

 

“What the ? No!” Jiyong said getting more irritated.

 

“Oh. Who then?” TOP asked, still with the cool persona, sitting cross legged, with sketchbook on his hands.

 

“Sandara…” Jiyong trailed off.

 

“Ohh. The girl you’ve been flirting with ever since Chaerin broke up with you. Or should I say one of the girls.” TOP said coolly.

 

“One, I haven’t been flirting with her. I talked to her once, we kissed once and that’s it. Two, me and Chaerin never broke up, she just… she just needed space and three, what the are you doing here? If you’re just gonna irritate me then please leave.” Jiyong said. He knows TOP is purposely making him mad. TOP gave him the most when Chaerin left. Saying how stupid he is to cheat on her and all that. TOP was very protective of Chaerin since they were friends before Jiyong met her. Plus, Bom, his girlfriend who also happens to be Chaerin’s cousin, is gonna kill him once she finds out that what his friend did.

 

“I’m here to remind you about VI’s house party tonight.” TOP said and closed the sketchbook. “I know you already forgot since I heard you’ve been locked here for the past days.”

 

“Oh . That was tonight.”

 

“Yeah. That’s tonight. Don’t you dare miss it. You know Ri’s gonna sulk. And I don’t wanna hear that .”

 

“Psh. He’ll probably be drunk before I get there.”

 

“Just come to the party, Jiyong.”

 

“Yes. I’ll be there.” Jiyong sighed.

 

“I won’t give you anymore about this Chaerin thing but I’m glad you’re feeling like right now. You deserve it.” TOP said.

 

Jiyong scoffed. “Thanks, hyung.” He sarcastically said and rolled his eyes.

 

“You’re welcome.” TOP said and exited his office but not before Jiyong gave him the finger.

 

 

“Hyooooong! I thought you wouldn’t come!!!” Seungri said as soon as he saw Jiyong, who just arrived. He hugged him tight and by the sight of it, he was already drunk.

 

“Alright, alright.” Jiyong said and pried Seungri’s hands off him. “I just arrived and you’re already drunk. Tsk tsk.”

 

“Nooo~ I’m not drunk…” Seungri said and raised one finger and paused for about 5 seconds, “What was I saying?” he said, making Jiyong chuckle.

 

“Yeah yeah. You’re not drunk.” He said and shook his head.

 

“I’m not drunk!” Seungri said again and headed to the kitchen leaving Jiyong.

 

“You’re here.” he heard from behind him. TOP was standing there.

 

“Hey hyung… oh in case you were wondering, I still feel like . Thank you very much.” the younger said and took a seat on the couch.

 

“Good.” TOP said and handed him a beer.

 

“Is there anything stronger than this?” Jiyong asked while raising the bottle.

 

“Just start with that.” TOP said and drank his wine.

 

“Who’re here?” Jiyong said looking around, seeing some unfamiliar faces.

 

“Models, designers, actors and some others.” TOP said unimpressively waving his hand.

 

“Where are the boys?” Jiyong asked.

 

“They went to get ice. Apparently, the host didn’t have enough but he’s too wasted to get some himself so I told Bae and Dae to get it.”

 

“Oh…”

 

“So what’re you doing, Ji?”

 

“Just thinking about the next fashion line, you know. I’ve been sketching my ideas but they’re still not concrete, you know, I’ve been—“

 

“I’m not talking about work, .” TOP interrupted him.

 

“Oh… ohhh…” Jiyong said, understanding his hyung. “Well, right now… I’m waiting.”

 

“Waiting? For what? A miracle.” TOP scoffed. “Well, if you’re not doing anything and just waiting then I don’t think you know Chaerin well enough.”

 

“What?” Jiyong said with a raised brow, offended about what his hyung said.

 

“If you think that waiting will work and that she’ll crawl back to you on her own then you’re dead wrong.”

 

“… what should I do then?”

 

“I don’t know. Why are you asking me? Aren’t you supposed to know that? I thought you loved her, then—“

 

“Love. I love her.” Jiyong corrected.

 

“So you love her, then you should know what to do. I know this sounds so corny and I can’t believe I’m gonna say this but follow your heart.” TOP said and drank his wine.

 

TOP was right. He shouldn’t just be waiting. He should do something to get her back. But where to start? He has too much on his mind. He’s thinking too much.

 

“Oh and did I mention that Xin is here too.” TOP said trying to help his young brother a bit, seeing how lost he is.

 

And at that moment, just like a gift from God, the door opened, revealing Youngbae, Daesung and then Xin.

 

Jiyong’s face lit up, seeing the man. This would be the first step.

 

“Hyung, you’re here!” Daesung greeted, seeing Jiyong seating with TOP.

 

Jiyong stood up looking weirdly excited.

 

“I didn’t know you’d be this excited to see us, Ji.” Youngbae teased.

 

Jiyong didn’t mind answering them and went straight in front of Xin.

 

“Sup…” Xin awkwardly said looking at Jiyong who was staring at him.

 

“Can we talk?” Jiyong asked. Him and XIn were friends, kind of close friends actually but Xin was closer to Chaerin plus they were business parteners so naturally when she and Jiyong had their falling out, he sided with her.

 

“Oh so its Xin hyung…” Daesung said feigning disappointment.

 

“Yeah… sure dude.” Xin answered coolly.

 

The two went out to the veranda to escape the loud music and also other distractions that might be thrown.

 

“So… wassup dude?” Xin started.

 

“You’re here… so is Chaerin here or coming? I mean she’s invited.”

 

“Well yeah, she’s invited but she won’t come.”

 

“Why?” Jiyong asked with a bit more desperation than he intended.

 

“She said she didn’t have a reason to come.”

 

Jiyong didn’t know what to say to that.

 

Xin took out his pack and took out a cigarette then offered Jiyong one, which he surprisingly declined. Xin raised a brow. “What? Not your brand?” he asked while lighting his own.

 

“I’m trying to quit.” Jiyong said.

 

“Ahhh… is this because of Chaerin?”

 

Jiyong nodded.

 

“Jiyong, honestly dude, quitting won’t bring her back to you. You just ed up too bad, man.”

 

Jiyong sighed. “I know… but it’s a start right? I mean, I’m making effort. She always told me to quit smoking so I’m trying my best.”

 

Jiyong reached out for the pack and took one out making Xin raise his brow. Jiyong just held the stick and stared at it.

 

“Smoke one again and I swear, your lips won’t come anywhere near me.”

 

He still remembered her scolding him once when she caught him smoking inside his office. Ever since then, his smoking dramatically decreased but didn’t stop but he managed to live with just a stick a day and now he’s trying hard to totally quit.

 

He broke the stick he was holding and watched as the pieces fell to the floor.

 

“How is she?” he asked Xin who was watching his every move.

 

“Now? Or three months ago?” Xin asked.

 

“Is there a difference?”

 

“Yeah… I can say there is. Three months ago, she was shattered. Now, she’s fine or already getting there. Get the idea?” Xin said taking a long drag off his stick. “So if I were you, if you’re gonna make your move then do it now. If not… then just off.”

 

“You think I still have a chance?” Jiyong desperately wished that his friend would say yes.

 

“You gotta fix your other first, man.”

 

“What ?”

 

“Sandara man, I mean not just her but you know all the others too. Before you try and make your move, better make sure that she won’t have any more or baggage to deal with because of you.”

 

“They’re basically nothing to me. There’s nothing to fix really.” Jiyong defended himself.

 

“Well that’s not what it seemed like earlier today. Chaerin and I met with Sandara for an event and then she started blabbering about you. Chaerin almost went ape.”

 

That made Jiyong a bit happy. Well, not about Sandara making up about them but about Chaerin getting jealous. Means she still cares about him.

 

“Can you atleast try and hide that you’re happy that Chaerin still gets jealous when it comes to you.” Xin said, amused by Jiyong’s expression.

 

“I can’t man.” Jiyong smiled. “So I do have a chance.”

 

“The world knows you do, man. It just depends on how you use that chance. As much as I would love to talk about your love life, it’s ing chilling out here and we don’t have drinks. Let’s go back in.” Xin said and went in.

 

That’s alright since Jiyong already got what he needed to know.


Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed it! Thank you for subscribing :)