Three

Friends...

“So…”

 

Chaerin decided to ignore him and continue working.

 

“Ahem…”

 

Chaerin looked up and saw Xin grinning at her. “What?” she asked, a bit annoyed.

 

“So…”

 

“So… what? Let it out. We have work to do.” Chaerin said and went back to working. She was almost done with organizing Sandara’s event. She had to finish it soon because they’ll meet the again in a few hours.

 

“So…”

 

“I swear Xin, I’m going to stab you with this pen if you keep saying that.”

 

Xin chuckled. “Fine, I guess you wouldn’t want to know about a very interesting conversation I had last night.”

 

“You’re right. I don’t want to know.” Chaerin said indifferently.

 

“Oh okay then. Maybe Sandara would be interested about my talk with none other than Mister G-Dragon.” Xin said intently looking at Chaerin, trying to gauge her reaction.

 

Chaerin stopped writing, totally losing her line of thought. Damn Xin. He always knew what to say to get to her. She looked up and saw him still grinning at her.

 

“Oh, so I have your attention now?” he asked sarcastically.

 

“I’m this close to really stabbing you.” Chaerin said while showing her index finger and thumb almost closing together.

 

Xin raised both arms as if to show surrender. “Okay okay. Chill, Jesus. Fine, I’ll tell you. No need to kill me.” He chuckled. Chaerin glared at him more intensely but waited. Of course she wanted to know.

 

“So I went to Seungri’s party last night and voila, your baby boy was there too. He asked how you were.” Xin said simply.

 

“What did you say?”

 

“I told him the truth.”

 

“And what is that truth?”

 

“That you’re broken and dark inside.”

 

Chaerin threw Xin the pen barely missing his face. It landed on the door. “Yah!”

 

“What the hell, baby girl! You almost hit me!”

 

“I meant to hit you! Why the hell would you tell him that?!” Chaerin screamed.

 

“I was just ing kidding. Jesus. I can’t joke with you anymore. That’s exactly why you need to get your together.”

 

“And that’s it? That’s all that happened?” Chaerin asked. She doesn’t hide what she really feels with Xin because he knows her too well and that lying wouldn’t do anyone good.

 

“He wants you back.” Xin said.

 

Chaerin scoffed. “Yeah right. He’s probably just bored right now and has no one to play with.” She said but she desperately wished it wasn’t true.

 

“Did you know that he quit smoking?” Xin asked. “Yeah, he did. He told me it was because you didn’t want him smoking.”

 

Chaerin didn’t know what to say to that.

 

“I’m not shoving him in your face or anything like that. I’m just saying that he’s making an effort. I just wanted you to know. It still all depends on you.” Xin said and stood up. “Alright, I’m gonna go finish up the details in the lighting. I’ll swing by later and we’ll go to the gallery.” And he left.

 

Chaerin just sat there. She sighed and leaned back on her chair. She let her eyes close for a moment and as soon as she did she saw the two of them together. Happy. Loving. Everything she wanted them to be. A tear escaped and slid down her beautiful face. If only…

 

 

“Miss Park is with somebody right now. If you could just wait a moment.” A pretty lady said to Chaerin and Xin who arrived at K gallery where they decided to meet for the final organization of the event.

 

“Sure.” Chaerin returned the smile.

 

“Would you want anything to drink? Tea? Water? Coffee?”

 

“No. We’re good. But thanks.”

 

“Just tell me if you change your mind.” The assistant kindly said.

 

Chaerin just smiled back at her.

 

“You sure you can handle this?” Xin asked.

 

“Of course. I’m not gonna let her under my skin.” Chaerin said while fixing the papers in the folder she was holding.

 

“Good.”

 

The door opened making both Chaerin and Xin look up. But what greeted them wasn’t the pretty face of Sandara Park but rather Kwon Jiyong.

 

Jiyong stopped in his track equally as shocked to see Chaerin there.

 

“Chae…” he said softly but was still clearly heard since there was dead silence.

 

Chaerin didn’t reply but just raised an eyebrow.

 

“Miss Park will see you now.” The assistant said breaking the awkward silence.

 

Xin stood up but Chaerin didn’t. “Chae, you coming?” He asked.

 

“Huh. Oh yeah…” she said and arranged the papers in her hands.

 

The two walked towards the door. Chaerin was trying hard to not look at Jiyong who was staring at her. She sighed in relief when she walked past him but her breath was caught in the middle when she felt him grab her arm.

 

“It’s not what you think.” Jiyong said. “I just met her to—“

 

Chaerin looked back at him and pulled her arm. “I don’t care.” She said and walked away leaving Jiyong standing there.

 

 

“I’m sorry to keep you waiting. I had an important visitor.” Sandara said making Chaerin’s blood boil.

 

“Yeah. We’re here to show you the final plan. Check if you like it or want to change anything.” Xin said and took the folder from Chaerin since it didn’t seem like she was in the mood to talk.

 

Sandara read the plan and said what she wanted. It was Xin who answered everything and conversed with her.

 

“Miss Chaerin. Don’t you have anything to say? I mean, I hired you because I heard you had great ideas but then you’re not talking. Were the others wrong about you?” Sandara said, unmistakingly provoking Chaerin.

 

Chaerin breathed deep. “Look Sandara. I’m here for business but you’re deliberately mixing up something personal here. I’ve done my work and if you don’t like it then you should hire someone else. I don’t have time for your bull. I’m done here.” Chaerin stood up and left. She was done wasting her time.

 

Sandara just watched her and scoffed.

 

Xin was actually quite proud of Chaerin. She lasted longer than what he would’ve expected. A whole 20 minutes. He chuckled and stood up too. “Well, if there’s nothing else. We’ll take our leave.”

 

XIn stood by the door and looked back. “Oh and a piece of advise, Miss Park, don’t even try to win with Chaerin. You don’t stand a chance.” He smirked and left leaving Sandara even more baffled.

 

 

Chaerin was mad, annoyed, irritated and all that. She wanted to punch someone. She fished her keys from her pocket but realized she came with Xin so she didn’t have her car. “!!!” she screamed in frustration.

 

Then she felt herself being pulled. She screamed but a hand covered and whispered directly to her ear. “Don’t scream, it’s me.”

 

Chaerin stopped struggling because she recognized the voice. She’d recognize the voice in a sea of voices.

 

The next thing she knew, she was sitting on the front seat of Jiyong’s lambo with him driving.

 

“Are you okay?” Jiyong asked.

 

“What?” Chaerin said a bit lost about what’s happening.

 

“I mean, I saw you walking out of there and you looked mad and—“

 

“What the hell is this Jiyong? What are we doing? What are you doing?” Chaerin asked.

 

“I waited for you. I wanted to make sure you’re okay. You didn’t look okay.”

 

“What the do you care? We’re not together anymore!” Chaerin screamed at him.

 

“I care because I still love you!” Jiyong said and stopped the car. “I still love you Chaerin.” he repeated.

 

“Love? What the hell do you know about love?! You don’t cheat on someone you love. You don’t treat them like . You don’t deliberately make them jealous and what the were you doing with that ?!” Chaerin couldn’t hide her frustration anymore.

 

“I’m sorry. I’ll tell you that every day of my life if it’ll make you take me back. I’m sorry. I went and talked to her to tell her to stop talking about us and that there’s nothing that’ll ever happen to the two of us and to stop messing with you.” Jiyong said with his head down. “What do I know about love? You. You’re all I know about love.” He said and looked right at her with tears in his eyes. “Please take me back.” He said in almost a whisper.

 

“I… I can’t”