Fourteen

Friends...

“Are you telling me, you walked here?” Mino said in disbelief.

“Yeah.”

“Your fatass WALKED here?” he said emphasizing walked. He remembered she hated walking. Detested it.

“YAH!” Chaerin slapped his shoulder. Mino just laughed.

“Okay, sorry sorry. I just never would’ve guessed you’d walk this far.”

“I didn’t even notice I was already here. My feet just dragged my body.”

Mino nodded. They enjoyed a little silence and just watched the small waves and the water which glistened.

“Anyway… you should go.” Mino said.

“Huh?” Chaerin asked, confused. “Yah, not because I walked coming here, doesn’t mean I wanna walk back. Aren’t you giving me a ride?”

Mino smiled softly and shook his head. “I’m not. But he is.” He said motioning his hand behind her.

She turned her head and there she saw him. He was leaning against the door of his white lambo looking straight at them.

She looked back at Mino with a confused expression but he just gave her an encouraging smile.

“Stop making yourself and him suffer. You know he’s the one who can make you happy.”

“But—“

“No buts, I bet he’s already seething in jealousy. He’s been there the whole time, watching us. Probably took him all his strength to restrain himself from coming here to punch me.” he chuckled.

Chaerin still didn’t move though. Still processing what was happening. Were her exes best buds already?

“Move your fatass already!” Mino said, standing both him and her up.

“Why are you doing this, Mino?” she asked as she faced him.

He just smiled and held her face. “Because I want you to be happy.”

The sincerity in his voice was so real it made Chaerin tear up. No wonder she had loved this man.

She tiptoed and hugged him, whispering a ‘thank you’ and kissing his cheek.

They let go and he gently pushed her to Jiyong’s direction, mouthing ‘go’. She nodded her head and gave one final smile and walked towards the man looking at her intently.

She took slow steady steps towards him and he just stared at her, waiting patiently for her to go to him and when she was near enough, he leaned away from his car and walked a bit closer to her.

They were about a meter away from each other, just looking, staring in each other’s brown orbs.

“Hi.” Jiyong said and smiled.

“Hi.” She said back. “What’re you doing here?” she asked.

“Picking you up. It looks like you need a ride.” He smiled and led her to the passenger’s seat.

The drive was quiet. “So… what have you been up to?” he started.

“Uhm... nothing much. Same old stuff.” She said while playing with her fingers. Why was she nervous?

Silence.

It was a bit suffocating for Chaerin so she the radio which was a big mistake.

“Love me, love me, say that you love me~~~”

Her face showed horror while he almost let go of the wheel. She immediately changed the station but that didn’t help either.

“I want you to stay, never go away from me, stay forever… but now, now that you’re gone what I can do is pray for you… to be here beside me again~”

Chaerin immediately fiddled with the buttons and just shut the radio off. Breathing out as she did.

He couldn’t help but chuckle. It was awkward but it was funny too.

She didn’t even know why she was that embarrassed, but it really was funny she won’t deny that.

“We used to sing to those though…” he said carefully, not wanting to make her uncomfortable.

“Yeah…” she smiled at the memory.

“We’re here.” He said and parked the car in front of what looked like a home.

“Where are we?” she asked looking around.

“Come on.” He called and waved her over to the door and opened it for her.

“This is a new venture that Seungri’s trying.” He explained as we walked inside.

“Wow. This place is really nice.” She said looking around. From the outside, it looked like a beautiful house but it was a resto. The interior was really mainly of white and blue. There were flowers beautifully placed and the tables were strategically arranged for the customers’ comfort and also so they could get the perfect view of the city.

“I know. I’m proud of that kid.” He really looked like a proud hyung. Chaerin knows he holds deep affection for Seungri, not only because he’s their youngest but because of so much more. He would be tough on him at times but that’s because he really wanted him to succeed.

There was already a table set up for them at the balcony area where there was a perfect view of the city and the beautiful nature too.

He ordered her favorite food for both of them and they started eating peacefully, enjoying the great ambiance.

“I’m gonna be gone for a bit.” Jiyong said.

Chaerin looked up from her plate. “Why?”

“I have some work to do.”

“Where?”

“Japan.” He knew she never liked him going there.

“Oh.” She said shortly and continued eating.

He suddenly felt the need to explain more.

“It’s for work. I don’t know how long I’ll be there but I’m hoping it’ll only take a few days.”

“It’s okay. Do what you gotta do. You don’t need my permission.” She smiled.

“But I want it.” He mumbled.

“I saw your new collection. I think it was your best so far.” She said with two thumbs up.

“Thank you. It means a lot coming from you.” He genuinely meant that.

She blushed.

They talked. Really talked. It was the first time they did that ever since they broke up which felt like ages ago but it was only 5 months ago? They talked about everything, except of course about the drama of their break up.

“Can we take a photo?” Jiyong asked.

Chaerin raised a brow.

“It’s for Ri, he doesn’t believe we’re here.” He then showed her a text message from Seungri

‘Hyung, if you’re gonna lie you should at least make it believable. As if you’re really eating with her in my restaurant. Tsk tsk’

Chaerin chuckled. “Sure.”

Jiyong was about to take a selfie but a waiter went and offered to take it for them.

“You two are a beautiful couple.” He said after giving his phone back.

“Thanks.” Jiyong said he expected Chaerin to correct the waiter but she didn’t.

 

They were back on the road but Jiyong wanted to extend his time with her so they stopped by a very familiar store.

“Wait here.” He said and rushed inside.

Chaerin just stared at him from outside the store and saw him jogging towards the counter with a very familiar plastic in his hand.

“Please tell me that’s-“

“It is.” He smiled and gave it to her. She squealed like a little kid looking inside the bag.

It was her favorite ice cream. “Oh my God, I love you!” she blurted out.

Jiyong’s eyes went wide and she stopped moving realizing what she just said.

“It! I love it!” she immediately tried to rectify the situation but Jiyong already heard it.

He just smiled and nodded. Chaerin ate the ice cream as Jiyong drove to her house. She knew he was taking the longest route possible but she didn’t care. She wanted to spend more time too.

“Want some?” she offered.

He immediately nodded his head and ate the spoonful she offered.

“Moreeee.” He whined.

“Arasseo.” Chaerin chuckled and took a big spoonful, shoving it in his already open mouth. “Happy?”

He nodded like a lil kid.

But it was inevitable that they reach her house. He stopped the car and they sat there for a while.

“I’m gonna miss you.” He said.

Chaerin smiled. “Don’t work too hard. You should rest too. The bags under your eyes are getting bigger.” She said unconsciously touching his face.

He held her hand and let it rest on his cheek, giving him the warmth he needed, he craved for.

“I’m not gonna push or force you to be with me but please don’t run away. I’ll wait for you. I’ll wait for as long as it takes for you to forgive me, to love me again. Just please don’t run away from me. I love you, Chaerin… always.”

This time, Chaerin used both hands to hold his face and look straight in his eyes. “Just come back safe, alright?”

He nodded. He kissed her forehead whispering I love you and they parted.


I hope you like it :) Comment what you think. Take care everyone. God bless xoxo