Eleven

Friends...

“Chaerin.”

Jiyong.

Chaerin stilled.

“Chae…”

She turned around and he was there. He looked… like a mess.

“What are you doing here?” She asked. Her surprise slowly turning into the feeling of anger and disappointment she had on him.

He frowned and took of his jacket, leaving him in a thin white shirt, and put it on her. “Your nose is red. Where have you been?” he asked, full of concern.

She wanted to rant and tell him it was his fault she caught a cold and everything but he shivered and crossed his arms on his chest.

“Come on, let’s go inside.” She said and led the way. The walk to her unit was quiet. Nobody said anything. She pulled his jacket closer to her body because it was getting real cold.

Jiyong really wanted to put his hands around her. Offer her some warmth but he knew she’ll just push him away.

“Do you want a drink? Coffee? Tea? Anything?” Chaerin asked as they entered her unit.

“Coffee would be nice.”

She just nodded her head and proceeded to the kitchen while he sat down on the couch. Her place was still the same, except now, the pictures of them together were gone. There used to be a big one just above her fireplace, beside the biggest frame, which was her family photo. He smiled sadly. She must’ve thrown it away. His eyes landed on a small frame at the end. He squinted his eyes to get a better look. He stood up and went to it to make sure. He couldn’t help the smile growing on his face once he saw it. It was a picture of them. Probably three or four years ago. They weren’t even lovers then. They were just friends. He was about to touch it when he heard Chaerin clear .

“Your coffee’s here.” She said and sat down, drinking her own coffee.

“Thanks.” He said and sat down beside her.

A moment of silence followed that. Jiyong smiled while drinking his coffee. She made it just the way he liked it. He’s happy she remembers.

“I went to the café.” Chaerin started.

Jiyong looked at her, wide eyed. “You did?”

“Yeah. How stupid of me right?” Chaerin chuckled.

“What? No. No. Oh my God. I’m so sorry.” He said and put his head between his hands. He ed up. Again.

“I was kinda expecting you not to be there already so… yeah…” she said, disappointment clear in her voice. “I mean, it was already almost 2 AM when I went there. You’re not stupid to have waited there that long.”

Hearing her say that made his heart ache more. She really didn’t trust him anymore, did she? “I was stupid to have left.” He said. “I did wait. Please believe me. I did. But my sister called. Haru was running a fever and Dami was getting worried. I sent them to the hospital and I was supposed to go back to the café but decided to come straight here but your car wasn’t in. I thought you might’ve slept in your office again. I was about to go there but you came. I’m so sorry.” Jiyong said, desperately wanting Chaerin to believe him.

“Oh my God, is Haru okay?” Chaerin asked, concerned. She was pretty attached to the little girl because they would always play whenever Jiyong brings her to his family’s place.

“Yeah. She’ll be fine but the doctor admitted her just to be sure.”

“Poor little girl.” She said, worry still etched on her beautiful face.

“We could visit her later, if you want…” Jiyong suggested, hoping she’ll say yes.

“Yes, of course, we should.”

“Alright. I’ll pick you up before lunch?” Jiyong said, standing up and looking at the clock. It was almost 4 AM.

“… you should just crash here. It’s almost morning and you can’t drive sleepy.” Chaerin said, she didn’t know why she felt shy while saying it.

“I would love to. Believe me. But you would let me sleep in the guest room and I can’t do that. Not when I know you’re just in the room beside me. I might not stop myself.” Jiyong confessed.

Chaerin just shyly nodded her head and looked down. Jiyong held her chin up, looked at her eyes and smiled.

“I’ll see you later.” He said and put a quick peck on her forehead before heading for the door.

 

 

“Wakey wakey!” Chaerin groaned as the sun hit her face.

“Mingkki?”

“Time to get up boss!” Minzy said as she opened the curtains fully, letting it light up the whole room.

“What time is it?”

“Almost lunch time unnie, you need to wake up.” Minzy sat on her bed and waited for her to adjust to the light.

“Why? What’s up?”

“Xin wanted to have a conference with you in the office in about 2 hours.”

“Why can’t he just call me?”

“Because he’s with the execs of Chanel and they want us to do the arrangement of their fashion show here in Seoul! They need you for the details and everything.” Minzy said clapping her hands.

“What?” Chaerin said, her brain still lagging.

“Wake your brain unnie! This is a big break for us!” Minzy said, overjoyed. “I already prepared your lunch! Get in the shower!” Minzy nudged her towards the bathroom and she lazily complied.

The warm water cascaded down her body and gave comfort to her strained muscles and aching head. She didn’t have enough sleep.

After staying for a long time under the flowing water, she decided to dry up and face the day. She wore her gray pencil type skirt and tucked in a white fitted blouse. She wanted to look professional in front of the Chanel execs. She couldn’t help the spread of a wide grin on her face. Finally.  This is a big break. They’ve been doing events for other big names and companies but this is Chanel we’re talking about. After being satisfied about how she looks, she strut down the hallway only to be surprised as to who was there.

“Ji?”

“H-hey.” He said awkwardly raising a hand as hello.

“What are you doing here?” Chaerin asked, moving forward.

“You forgot.” He chuckled.

“Oh unnie! You look great! Oh and I didn’t know you were expecting a visitor.” Minzy said and glanced meaningfully at Chaerin.

“Oh my God, Haru…” Chaerin said finally remembering what just happened a few hours ago.

“Are you busy right now?” Jiyong asked carefully.

“Yeah, boss is about to talk to Chanel execs about their fashion show here in Seoul! Isn’t that great!” Minzy said excitedly.

“That’s great Chae! Congratulations!” Jiyong said, genuinely happy for her. He always knew she’d make it big. She’s very smart and talented.

“Thanks.” Chaerin shyly said.

“You look great, by the way. I’m sure the Chanel execs like whatever it is you plan.” Jiyong said.

Chaerin felt the blush creep its way to her cheeks. It feels so hot all of the sudden. “Thank you.”

Jiyong stood up and took his jacket by the chair. “I guess I’ll see you next time? I have to drop by the hospital.”

“Wait!” Chaerin said. “You said you’d take me to visit Haru.”

Jiyong was confused. “Yeah… but you’re busy. You have important stuff to do. It’s okay.” Jiyong smiled.

“No. Haru is important too. I wanna visit her.” She said and went to get her shoes.

Minzy followed her. “Unnie, the meeting starts in less than an hour. You don’t have time to visit—“

“I’ll make time.”

“But the video conference is already prepared in the office. That way you could talk and see each other better.” Minzy said.

“I’ll find a way.” Chaerin said and put her pumps on.

“Chae, if it’s too much hassle, There’s still a next time.”

“You don’t want to take me anymore?” Chaerin asked.

“God knows I want to.” Jiyong said.

Minzy smiled at them. “Alright unnie, I’ll find a way too.” She smiled.

“Thank you.” Chaerin smiled at the younger girl. “Let’s go.” She said and Jiyong smiled widely.

 

Just as they turned to head to the hospital, Jiyong spoke. “Chae, this is a big deal for your company. I really wouldn’t want to ruin it.”

“You won’t.” Chaerin said, as if it was nothing but she was already racking her brain to come up with a way to still go to the hospital and attend the meeting.

Jiyong sighed but nodded. He didn’t want to argue. He’s not in the place to tell her to do anything anyway.

Jiyong parked his Lambo in the hospital parking lot. They headed straight to the private rooms and looked for Haru’s room.

“Here we are.” Jiyong said as they stood in front of the door.

Chaerin chuckled nervously.

“What is it?” Jiyong asked, was she regretting her decision to come?

“Nothing… I don’t know why I’m even nervous. Maybe she forgot me already.” Chaerin said, sadness in her voice.

Jiyong lifted her chin up and looked straight in her eyes. “No one could ever forget you.” He said so sincerely causing Chaerin to blush and gently pull away from his hold.

“Thank you.” She shyly said and Jiyong smiled at her before opening the door, revealing a laughing Haru.

“Oppa!” the little girl excitedly screamed as soon as she saw him. “Chaerin unnie!!” she followed through when Chaerin also went in.

“Told you.” Jiyong smiled at Chaerin and she smiled back.

“Annyeong Haru-ah.” Chaerin said and went closer to the bed. Haru couldn’t get off it because her hand was hooked to a dextrose. “Annyeonghaseyo unnie.” She greeted Dami who smiled warmly at her.

“Unnie, I thought you forgot about me.” the little girl pouted.

“Oh, why would you think that?” Chaerin said and sat on the chair beside the bed.

“You haven’t visited our house for a long time.” Haru continued to pout. “When I ask Jiyong oppa, he always says that you’re busy and you’ll come next time but you never came.”

“Ohh…of course I’d never forget you. I’m here now.” Chaerin said and smiled at the girl. Haru started telling stories about her school, a new crush, a new toy. They played together and Jiyong excused himself to go buy food for them.

After telling stories, Haru got tired and eventually drifted off to sleep.

“Chaerin-ah, thank you for taking some time to visit her today.” Dami said.

“It’s no trouble unnie, I missed her.” Chaerin said and brushed a few strands of hair away from Haru’s face.

“She missed you too.” Dami smiled. “I’m glad you and Ji are back together. He was different the past couple of months. I like him better now.”

“Oh unnie… we’re not—“ Chaerin started but was cut off by the opening of the door.

 

Jiyong entered carrying bags of food. What surprised Chaerin was that Minzy was following close behind.

“Minzy?” She questioned and stood up.

“It’s all ready unnie!” Minzy excitedly giggled.

“What’s ready?”

“Jiyong oppa pulled some strings and now you can use the hospital’s conference room to talk with Xin!”

“What?” Chaerin said. She completely forgot about that.

“Come on. We’re on in ten!”

Chaerin looked at Jiyong who was busy placing the food on the table and acting like he did nothing. She walked towards him and held his hand, stopping him from moving.

“Thank you.” Chaerin said looking directly in his eyes and smiled softly.

Jiyong held her hand tighter and smiled too. “Go kill ‘em.”

 


Hi... I know, I know and I'm really sorry. I've been busy with life and stuff just happened. I just recently became free again so I'll probably update more often... hopefully. It won't take me 8 months to update with a chapter. I PROMISE. :)) Anywaaay, thank you for still reading this fic and thank you for subscribing and commenting. I get inspired with comments so please feel free to tell me what you think alright?

God bless you all! xoxo