Thirteen

Friends...

“So that’s what they wanted…” Xin trailed off noticing that Chaerin wasn’t paying attention.

“Chae?” Minzy said, noticing too. And they were right. Chaerin didn’t even blink when they called her.

“Hey, you okay?” Xin nudged her a little.

“Huh?” Chaerin snapped awake from her trance. ‘I’ll let you go…’

His voice, still imprinted in her brain… in her heart.

“Do whatever you think is the best.” She said shortly and stood up. “I’ll be out for a while.” And without saying a word, she left the room and walked aimlessly along the long corridors until she was out of the building, not sure where to go but feeling the need to somewhat get away. She was feeling suffocated.

 

“Thought I might find you here.”

Chaerin looked up and saw a handsome man take a seat beside her. They were facing the water while they comfortably sat on the sand. Chaerin was playing with the sand and gently letting them fall from her fingers.

“How’d you know where I was?”

“Wild guess.” He said with his infamous smirk. “Bom noona called me and was asking if we were together so I figured you've gone MIA on them.”

Chaerin smiled gently. Why? Why couldn’t it just be him? She wondered if she’d be happier if it was him.

“Stop staring at me like that or I might get the wrong idea.” He said, eyes still glued to the water.

Chaerin chuckled. “What do you think would have happened if we didn’t-“

“Stop right there.” he said, even raising a hand. “We would have eventually still broken up. I would have ed up and you would’ve left me.” he sighed.

“We don’t know that…” Chaerin said.

“That’s why it’s a good thing that we ended it when we did because then we could still be friends like what we are now.” He smiled and nudged her shoulder.

“Yah Mino, did you just low-key friendzone me?” She asked feigning hurt.

Mino chuckled and shook his head. “I kinda did, huh? Well, well, the baddest female could get friendzoned too huh?”

“Ew. Don’t call me that!” Chaerin cringed remembering her nickname in high school.

Mino laughed. “What? You made that name.”

Chaerin threw some sand on his chest.

“Yah. This is Gucci!” he whined and she just stuck her tongue out like a kid making him laugh.

He ruffled her hair and put an arm around her shoulder as she laid her head on his shoulder.

“Thanks Mino.” She sincerely said and he just smiled and nodded his head.

This wasn’t really what Mino had planned when he reunited with Chaerin. He thought it will be their second chance. He thought of pursuing her again. His feelings came back when they bonded and he felt like the biggest idiot for letting her go the first time. But what happened a few days back changed his mind.

 

At Song Entertainment

“Sir, there’s someone here wanting to see you.” His assistant said through the intercom.

Mino looked at the time and his schedule. He didn’t have a meeting with anyone today. He was making music in his office at that time and wanted no distractions. He was about to tell his assistant he was busy but she spoke again. “Sir, he says his name is Kwon Jiyong and that it’s important.”

‘Kwon Jiyong? Chaerin’s boyfriend? Scratch that. Ex boyfriend.’ He thought

“Uhm okay. Let him in.”

In less than 15 seconds, his door opened and in came the man who broke Chaerin’s heart. Wait, wasn’t he being a hypocrite? He broke her heart too, didn’t he? He shook his head to rid of the thought. He stood up and went to greet the man. They stood in front of each other, probably sizing each other up.

It was Jiyong who held his hand out first. “Kwon Jiyong, nice to meet you.” He said politely. Weird. Mino thought. He wasn’t this friendly the last time they saw each other.

“Song Mino.” He said and they shook hands.

Awkwardly, they sat in front of each other by the window that overlooked the city.

“Uhm… what did you want to talk about?” Mino initiated, feeling Jiyong’s discomfort.

“I saw you… a few days back… with Chaerin.”Jiyong said.

Mino remembered that day. He saw him too. It was the day Chaerin ran crying. He waited for Jiyong to say more because he knew there was more.

“What’s your motive?” Jiyong said straightforwardly. “Why did you suddenly come back to her life?”

Mino raised a brow. “She called me.” he said smugly.

“Are you… pursuing her again?”

“What if I am?” Mino said, preparing himself for a string of curses or even a fight if it came to it. But Jiyong just sighed and fell back on his chair.

“Then my life is gonna be harder than I thought…” he mumbled.

Not the reaction Mino expected.

“Do you love her?” Jiyong asked intently.

Mino didn’t reply. He loved her, of course. He knew she was easy to love. She was a goddamn keeper.

“I care about her a lot.” Mino replied.

“Because you see, I love her. I love her a whole lot. She’s my life, man…” he sighed. “I know, it sounds like I’m overreacting but that’s what I really feel. When she isn’t there, I always look for her. She’s the first thing in my mind when I wake up and my last thought when I fall asleep. The last three months has been hell for me. I don’t know if she told you this but I… I kind of cheated on her…” Jiyong said, ashamed.

Mino raised a brow. “Kind of? There’s no such thing. It's either you did or you didn't.” He said a bit angry because of the information he was told.

“I was drunk… and… and there were too many people… I thought it was her. It smelled like her. We just kissed. Nothing more. But Chae … she saw. She saw and completely misunderstood the situation. I mean, I would too if the situation was reversed… I know, it’s not an excuse. But I’ve been paying for it. The last three months, I couldn’t even see her. I could only see her when I purposely show up to events I know she would be at. Pathetic, I know.”

Mino just listened to him, feeling a bit of pity at his state but he did this to himself.

Jiyong sighed for what felt like the nth time and put his head between his hands, his elbows on his knees.

This was completely weird. They just kind of officially met and Jiyong was telling him personal stuff, plus they might be each other’s competition.

“Why are you telling me this?” Mino asked.

Jiyong chuckled. “I don’t know man… all I know is that I’ll fight for her. As long and as hard as it takes. I won’t let anything be a hindrance… or anyone.” He said meaningfully looking at his eyes.

Mino smirked. That’s the Kwon Jiyong he first met. 

 


Heyyy guys, I wanna know if you think I'm dragging this story or is the pace just right? Idk :( please tell me what you think! Thank you for subscribing and reading! God bless :) don't forget to comment! xoxo