Ten

Friends...

“Thanks for the dinner, Chae.” TOP said while they were bidding good bye.

 

“No problem. You can come anytime you want.” Chaerin replied.

 

“Even with Jiyong?” TOP tested the waters.

 

Chaerin didn’t reply.

 

“Sorry. Too early.” TOP said, seeing her reaction.

 

Chaerin just smiled sadly and nodded her head.

 

“He’s just going through something right now Chae. I hope you could understand him.”

 

“I tried understanding him, oppa. Maybe we’re just not meant to work out.” Chaerin said.

 

“I’m sure you don’t believe that.”

 

“It doesn’t matter what I believe. What happened already happened.”

 

“He’s really trying Chae. Just please—“ he cut himself off when he saw Bom approaching. He knows she doesn’t want Chaerin to associate with Jiyong anymore and he couldn’t blame her.

 

“Thanks for the food Chaebaby. I’ll drop by tomorrow, alright?” Bom said and hugged her.

 

“Sure unnie.”

 

“Let’s go babe?” Bom asked TOP and he nodded. He gave Chaerin another meaningful look trying to convey his message but Mino was in the way.

 

“Thanks Chae.” Mino said. The three of them stayed for dinner because Chaerin insisted and she wanted to cook. Who could say no to her cooking?

 

“No problem. I’ll lead you out.” Chaerin smiled. She’s thankful for his presence right now. It gives her some kind of comfort she needed.

 

 

“Is she back with him?” TOP asked Bom while driving out Chaerin’s place still looking at Chaerin and Mino talking by his car.

 

“Why?” Bom asked.

 

“Bommie, I know you hate Jiyong’s guts right now but he’s my friend.” TOP said.

 

“He cheated on her! He cheated! How could you take his side?!”

 

“He didn’t know what he was doing! He was drunk!”

 

“So if I got drunk and had with a random dude it’ll be alright with you?” she said, getting angry.

 

“Don’t go there.” TOP seethed. “He didn’t even have with the girl, they just—“

 

“Stop the car.” Bom said.

 

“What?”

 

“Stop the ing car right now or I’ll ing jump out!”

 

“Bom.” TOP’s voice calmed a thousand degrees down. He held her hand while still using the other to drive.

 

“I swear Seunghyun if you don’t stop the car—“

 

“Please stop Bom. I won’t talk about it again.” He said tightening his grip on her hand, afraid that she might do something stupid. Thankfully, she didn’t.

 

 

“Give that to me.” Jiyong said trying to calm down.

 

Dara stretched her hand out and stared at the ring on her finger. It’s a tiny bit big on her. “I think it looks good on me.”

 

“Remove it and give it to me right now before I remove it myself.” Jiyong said, approaching her.

 

He stopped in his track immediately when Dara suddenly removed the silk robe she was wearing revealing her in all her form.

 

He kept his face blank and just looked to the side.

 

“Look at me.” Dara said. He didn’t move an inch. “I said look at me!!!” she said and walked her way to close their gap. Still, Jiyong didn’t move.

 

She grabbed his face towards her. He kept his stare on her face. “Stop this, Dara.”

 

“Why? Don’t you want me? Don’t you like what you see?! Am I not beautiful enough?!” She said, now tears forming in her eyes. She forced herself on him and tried to kiss him but he was unmoving. After she stopped, he spoke.

 

“Dara, you’re better than this. Stop this.”

 

“I just wanted you to notice me.” She said and looked down. Her hands now on his chest. “I love you…” she sobbed.

 

“No. You don’t love me, Dara. You don’t. You just like the idea of me. Dara, please… please just end this.” Jiyong said and held her shoulders.

 

“No. I love you Jiyong!” she was crying now and was lightly punching his chest. “Why can’t you just love me back?! What does she have that I don’t? Huh?”

 

Jiyong just took everything. The punches, the sobs, everything. He knew she needed this.

 

“Dara, there is someone out there for you. It’s just not me.”

 

Dara was now just pressing her face on his chest while sobbing. He removed his jacket and placed it over her and hugged her while patting her back.

 

That’s all he could do for her anyway.

 

They stayed like that for a while until Jiyong felt that all her weight was already leaning on him. She was already falling asleep. He wrapped his jacket tighter around her and carried her to a room. He opened the first door in sight and it looked like a guest room. It’ll do. He laid her down the bed and put the blanket over her. He sighed looking at her. She’s a beautiful girl and she was a nice girl too. She could have any man she wanted. He felt a bit sorry for her and to her. For leading her on in the past. He hoped she would find someone because he’s just not the man for her.

 

He walked out of her apartment and headed towards the place where all memories he could remember were good.

 

 

Chaerin tossed and her bed. She couldn’t sleep. She switched her phone on to check if she missed anything important and as soon as it it sounded and flashed signaling the onslaught of messages. She waited for the ‘tings’ to stop before opening the messages.

 

There were 3 from Bom, 2 from Xin and 7 from Jiyong.

 

The messages from Bom were from earlier asking about where she is and the ones from Xin is him letting her know he’ll be getting on a plane.

 

‘Chae, I’m so sorry for making you feel that way. Please talk to me.’

 

‘Chaerin please give me a chance. I wanna talk.’

 

‘Babe, let me explain everything. Please. You don’t even have to talk. Just please, please listen to me.’

 

She read the rest and they’re all like that.

 

‘I’ll wait for you at our place. I’ll wait until you come.’

 

Their ‘place’. It was a very warm and cozy café near the river. It was where they usually hung out even before they became lovers.

 

The message was sent 5 hours ago. He wouldn’t still be there right? She thought. She looked at the clock, it was almost 2 AM. Of course, he wouldn’t still be there, she reassured herself.

 

She closed her eyes to try and sleep but not even a minute has passed and she opened them again, contemplating if she should go. She didn’t know what to expect. Part of her wishes that he wouldn’t be there anymore so that she’ll know that she made the right decision to move on but a greater part of her wishes that he would be there waiting for her like he said. Up til now, she still wanted to believe him. Wanted to see the best in him.

 

She got up and didn’t bother dressing up or putting on make-up. She was just in her jogging pants and oversized hoodie. She took her time in putting on her shoes and checking her apartment because maybe, just maybe, she’ll change her mind and not go. But she knew, she’d go.

 

She drove carefully. She stopped at every red light even if there were no other cars in the road. She turned to the parking lot and noticed that the only thing lighting the place was a street light. She sighed. The café looked closed too. Well of course. It was already past 2 in the morning.

 

She bitterly chuckled at her silly self for even going there in the first place. Of course he wasn’t there anymore. And once again she found herself disappointed at him. She should have known better.

 

She took her phone out and read his message again. ‘Wait until I come, my .’ She mumbled bitterly. She was feeling so bitter and mad that she decided to turn her phone off and tossed it in the backseat. She didn’t even know why she was still there when he clearly wasn’t. She shook her head to somewhat relieve herself of the disappointment but mostly of the pain. She still hoped. Hoped for them.

 

She put her car in reverse and drove away. She stopped by a convenient store to buy some chocolates and ice cream. She just craved for them. She didn’t want to go home yet so she stopped by the river and sat on an empty bench, enjoying the light breeze. It was cold but she ate the ice cream anyway. She wanted to slap herself for suddenly getting emotional. Flashbacks of them were going through her mind. They had happy memories in this place and those were playing in her head like a cd in repeat.

 

"Yah!" She cutely stomped her feet on the ground.

"Babe~ I'm so sorry, I'm late! The traffic was so bad. I even parked in the handicapped area just to be here sooner." Jiyong explained.

"I've been here for 30 minutes oppa!" Chaerin crossed her arms around her chest.

"I'm really sorry baby girl~ please don't be mad." Jiyong said with aegyo.

Chaerin wasn't really mad, she just wanted to see how Jiyong would try and comfort her.

"Come on babe, I bought you your fave!" Jiyong used his weapon. he raised the plastic bag he was carrying and Chaerin could clearly see what was inside.

"I'm on a diet." She stubbornly said and Jiyong's face fell.

He went through the trouble of buying her favorite ice cream which was only sold in one store which was always packed. One of the reasons why he was late.

Chaerin almost laughed at his reaction but stopped herself. She had her eyes glued on the ice cream though.

Jiyong didn't fail to see the twinkle in her eye while looking at the ice cream he was holding.

"Alright then. I guess I'll eat this myself." He said and Chaerin instantly protested.

"But that's for me!"

"But you're on a diet babe. I don't wanna be the one to ruin your diet." Jiyong smirked and opened the ice cream container.

"Fine." She childishly said and watched as he carefully unwwrapped the precious food.

Chaerin involuntarily gasped as he was about to take the first bite. Jiyong stopped and laughed looking at her reaction. She had her lips pouted and her eyebrows creased.

"I'm just kidding babe.Here you eat this." He said and put the tempting thing in front of her. "Or better yet, do you want me to bite it then kiss you? That way you could taste it too and there would be less calories." 

Chaerin burst out laughing at his idea.

"What? We should try that." He said and was about to bite the ice cream but Chaerin swiftly snatched it from his hand.

"Yah! Give me that!" she immediately ate it and moaned as the flavor rested on her taste buds. "This is the best" 

"I know, I'm the best boyfriend." Jiyong smugly said, making Chaerin roll her eyes at him but it was true. He is the best boyfriend.

"So you're not mad anymore?" Jiyong said and wrapped his arms around her giving her a backhug while she continued eating.

"Hmmm." She hummed in response and started to giggle.

"What's funny?" Jiyong asked.

"I have a confession to make." Chaerin said as she finished eating and faced him.

"What?" Jiyong said, squinting his eyes and releasing her.

"I was late too. The traffic was really bad! I just arrived about 5 minuted before you." She said, chuckling.

Jiyong could'nt believe his girl would be so cunning.

"Yah! Lee Chaerin!" he said and she just giggled.

"I'm sorry oppa~" now the situation was reversed.

"You... You..." Jiyong couldn't find words to say.

"I love you, oppa!" She said and pecked his lips before hugging him.

Jiyong sighed and shook his head before putting his hands around her and tightening his grip. "I love you too." he chuckled. "You taste like strawberry. I want some more." He said and she chuckled before kissing him properly this time.

(long random flashback haha)

 

Why? Why did she choose to believe in him? Why was she still so in love with him? Maybe it was because of all the good memories? Great talks? Sweet cuddles? Or every other little thing.

 

She shivered. It was getting real cold. It was already 3 in the morning. She decided to go home already and sleep it off. It must be the weather that’s giving her all these feels.

 

She drove into her parking and started sneezing. Damn the cold. She feels like she’s gonna catch a cold. Damn him for making her go there. Well it was her choice but she still somewhat blamed him. She regretted not wearing a coat.

 

‘Achu~’ she sneezed and groaned. She definitely has a cold. She locked her car and wanted to dash to her unit to be in the comfort of her blankets but before she could even turn around…

 

“Chaerin.”


A birthday gift to a new friend. You know who you are! Happy birthday! :) 

Thank you all for reading and subscribing to this story! I really appreciate your comments too. I like knowing what you think :) Feel free to share your opinions and ideas. God bless everyone!

The flashback wasn't originally part of the chapter but I just felt like adding it :) Tell me what you think!